• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monica's Gang/Turma da mônica GD

Speaking of which, would Death have abstract existence type 1 or 2? I'm talking about the regular version and not TMJ.

Because being death is yet another job that "anyone" can take up, and which has already been taken up by others (for some reason I'm addicted to watching Death stories on youtube)

And the people on the verse don't die when "Death" doesn't do his job of collecting those people's souls, but someone else could do that job, in case the current Death was on vacation or something.

Furthermore, Death can kill itself, since its body is physical. There was a comic where your scythe touched her head, and she died, turning into a ghost. Then she was allowed to resuscitate herself.

yeah, but like, since it is the future of the main series, it would need the profiles of the former first
Yes and no, TMJ is a retelling of them as teenagers. Not every classic Monica's Gang story is going to be canon for TMJ.

There are really stories that have direct connections and very important things in the classic, and others in the classic that were made because of TMJ, like "sombrinhas do passado".

Yes and no, TMJ is a retelling of them as teenagers. Not every classic Monica's Gang story is going to be canon for TMJ.

There are really stories that have direct connections and very important things in the classic, and others in the classic that were made because of TMJ, like "sombrinhas do passado".
i mean, it is simpler and less assumptions to just scale them to the main series since it is mentioned constantly

i mean, it is simpler and less assumptions to just scale them to the main series since it is mentioned constantly
Considering that the main version is more over-the-top and meaningless in terms of powerscaling being comics for kids and having that toonforce thing, I doubt it mixes well with TMJ which is "more serious". There must be a very big dissonance.

Death can also kill the authors and the story It self

Also, basically every character can come out of the story and fight the author directly, even some times taking the position of It and trapping the original writer in the comic

Turma da Monica has a really strongh out of fiction feats

as even whem exiting ficition It self they still interact with things like the boarder of panels and break the forth wall outside the forth wall, giving them double layer of plot hax

Death (again) for exemple could put the end of a history in the outside of athe comic while talking to the writers.

Other exemple and my favorite is whem a generic vilain erased the number 100 and this affected not only the story It self but also removed the number from the title, in the end the writer was structed to write the number there sinse 100 was back, so the reader It self was affected by the disapearance of the number

Considering that the main version is more over-the-top and meaningless in terms of powerscaling being comics for kids and having that toonforce thing, I doubt it mixes well with TMJ which is "more serious". There must be a very big dissonance.
nah, they have 4th wall break, they may just be not doing it as much to appease the readers

the writters right for them to win, or better yet, they go out of the story to writte themselves as the winners
It is also good to add that they passively start before the story begins outside of it and see it from the outside and choose whether they want to participate or not.

Death itself killed things like sound, time, and literal jokes.

to put them in character, they usually don't do this to appease the audience
This will depend on how we treat fights to the death, Because there's that standard combat assumption where they're in character but willing to kill or incapacitate.
It kind of goes against what the writers want which usually causes BFR or them being remade in a way that appeals to Monica's Gang audience.

That's if there's an audience or if the characters want to please fans in the middle of combat, if they're willing to kill.

Speaking of which, would Death have abstract existence type 1 or 2? I'm talking about the regular version and not TMJ.

Because being death is yet another job that "anyone" can take up, and which has already been taken up by others (for some reason I'm addicted to watching Death stories on youtube)

And the people on the verse don't die when "Death" doesn't do his job of collecting those people's souls, but someone else could do that job, in case the current Death was on vacation or something.

Furthermore, Death can kill itself, since its body is physical. There was a comic where your scythe touched her head, and she died, turning into a ghost. Then she was allowed to resuscitate herself.
Type 2 maybe

But about the rest, the service of death is not well done by "anyone" it is necessary the position that is given by her superiors which in this case would be god, Although the characters can help a little if they have her scythe, although it is less efficient.

Moreover, if she is caught off guard, she can kill herself with her scythe, but if she is hit again with it, she comes back to life, she does not need authorization for that.

Moreover, if she is caught off guard, she can kill herself with her scythe, but if she is hit again with it, she comes back to life, she does not need authorization for that.
In the story she needed permission, because she was replaced by a guy with a parody name of "fate", so she couldn't come back to life, but in the end he was fired and she received permission to revive.

nah, they have 4th wall break, they may just be not doing it as much to appease the readers
in fact in a Cascão story where he does this it is revealed that they don't do this to amuse the readers of their comics.
For that reason they don't always do it, although they can.

In the story she needed permission, because she was replaced by a guy with a parody name of "fate", so she couldn't come back to life, but in the end he was fired and she received permission to revive.
If I remember correctly, this man defined the laws of the Turma da Mônica universe with only Saint Peter standing above him.

Basically it was someone who denied the immortality of Mistress Death, but when she died she could resurrect with her scythe hitting her again.

Dona morte even stated that it was absurd for death to die in this edition after the man had killed her.

(Não sei se eu digo Dona morte, Mistress Death ou outra coisa, pois no original é Dona morte o nome dela)

by the way, young Monica's gang death (TMJ) and the original are the same character, she showed it in a classic HQ where chives show it.
And death is itself in all alternate realities.

If I remember correctly, this man defined the laws of the Turma da Mônica universe with only Saint Peter standing above him.

Basically it was someone who denied the immortality of Mistress Death, but when she died she could resurrect with her scythe hitting her again.
I mean, it didn't exactly negate her immortality, she could still go back but her rank was replaced so she didn't have to. At the end of the story she got her post back and then returned to her body.

But the point I was talking about wasn't even that, but that your body is physical.

At least in this story.

A gente não pode chamar ela de apenas "Dona Morte"? Nomes meio que não mudam em outros países.
E a cabeleireira negra não teve o nome mudado na Wiki
Não faço idéia 🤷, tem que vê como a wiki trata isso e se deveríamos usar os nomes traduzidos ou os originais...

I mean, it didn't exactly negate her immortality, she could still go back but her rank was replaced so she didn't have to. At the end of the story she got her post back and then returned to her body.

But the point I was talking about wasn't even that, but that your body is physical.

At least in this story.
In the story it seems that he denied yes, death complains about having died saying "death dying? That doesn't even make sense" so he decides to complain to his superiors, Because when she went to complain to this man he said he was doing his job where he was manipulating reality itself to be the way he wanted it to be.
So he is forced to make everything return to normal after a conversation, For without this death could not return to his body and go back to work.

Back