• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mondaiji

With the departure of the people who were originally planning to revise the verse, is this ever going to get done? Or is it a dead revision now until someone else hopefully picks it up?

Not likely, though i could do it myself, i am interested in getting into the series, at my reading speed i could read it in 12-20 days, but into some visual novels atm, which are probably gonna take a little bit, certaintly by september i would have time, but then i have to go back to school and not have as much time as before so, but hey if you don't mind waiting i can pick this up.

Sweet. I'm able to help revise the verse, but I feel I could only do a decent amount of it due to the amount of weird, specific terms in the verse, as well as some untranslated volumes.

But I am also busy with a few visual novels lol, namely tokyo babel and umineko. School is also going to get in the way soon.

Anyway will add this to my list of things i need to get into, i might actually even start today if i feel like it, light novels are a lot easier to get through than visual novels, but been on the same visual novels; maji de watashi ni koishinasai and hoshizura no memoria for the entire summer.

I really want to get them done before summer ends but continuously get distracted by light novels since i can speed through them quickly.

Oooh this series. I actually read Mondaiji before (albeit, only up to 4 Volumes or, as a I like to call it, 1/3rd of it).

I noticed about there being no verse of Mondaiji but if I have to guess, and from having seen some threads about this talk (I believe I've seen you around somewhere at places like reddit or Animevice on this @Cynical), the best I can think of is perhaps everyone more or less questioning some of the stuff that happens in the verse. Maybe even those said in the original translation of the series like Azi Dahaka and Izayoi (right??) being infinite multiverse level or some shit like that only to peg them at some lower level tier or power level like Galaxy or somethin'.

IDK as to how the verse would work if most of us were to go by say, the ENG "translation" of the series. So maybe it would be best to try and search certain feats and powers from the original translation(s)? IDK, that's my best course of action if I were to say it here.

Speaking of Mondaiji, I actually forgot if I have a link to go and download all of them. Been a cold min since I last checked.

Personally I'm a firm believer in Multiversal mondaiji. Though not to the extent some people put them at. There are clear characters who aren't that strong, namely weaker digit beings and people around their level who explicitly have star level durability.

Poets and Celestial Star Spirits are probably some of the more blatant scaling for multiversal since they (respectively) can erode infinite universes with their songs if i recall correctly and require infinite universe busting attacks to defeat.

This verse has been an issue for years, i have watched it get deleted like a dozen times.

Thinking of it like that, i think this is a pretty urgent issue that needs addressed, in that case i will once again delay continuing the vn's i am reading, and pick up this light novel.

Since this has been such a pain for so long, gonna need to make a blog explaining the cosmology when i am done.

Never got around it despite me having the original light novels

@Cynical: Not the first time I've seen or read a verse with a gap like that. As for Multiversal Top/God Tiers like that, I can definitely see it being there for whatever I can vaguely recall of it. Double or more if there's enough consistency of it needing that much power and someone like me thinking "yup, that's about blatant as you can get".

@Celestial: I heard about that a while ago. Ouch.

@ALRF: Oh so you DOOOOOOOOOO!!! WOOOOOOOOW, what a good bro you are for not sharing this minor secret from me. Yeah, man. Thanks!!!

From what I've heard, Mondaiji is "At least 2-A" along with the likes of Digimon, SMT and Ur Dragon. So infinitely above baseline 2-A is a thing for them.

I forgot to note this out here but those that didn't notice, I put the quotation marks on the word "translation" earlier in regards to the ENG version of Mondaiji as my way of saying "it's so different from what the original language puts it on some things" or alt. "it's pretty bad" or something with a curse word in it.

Leaving that a note here for those that didn't see what I mean by that even though I'm sure some of you have an idea as to how the localized ver. is compared to the originals.

Oh yeah the baka tsuki translation is pretty bad. It's readable it just ***** up a lot of the more esoteric things which usually end up being feats. Frozen's translation was pretty good.

Yeah I mean in that way. Like anyone can read it but if they had a friend that looked at it and read the originals, they'd know that some of the stuff had likely changed majorly.

All comes down to someone (ALRF) reading the originals down the line later.

Also, what's the degree of the 2-A the Tops/God Tiers at again? I recall something like Indra creating Mondaiji that has countless multiverses packed like atoms together (I would love to see that in action, honestly. The atom part, I mean) and Azi being able to fight like 3 mil Gods that >= Indra?

Yes essentially. That quote for Indra is...weird. Since it makes Azi hilariously stronger than most of his verse. Which granted, he is since he's a Last Embryo. I'm pretty sure there would need to be a lot of explaination or multiple keys to explain why Azi can hit with star level attacks but can also stomp 3 million 2-A gods.

Everyone with Another Cosmologies should also be 2-A probably since they were originally designed to kill gods I believe. His Highness has a feat of amping someone and to allow them create 12(?) universes in their hands. He can also seal people in fictional worlds or something with his other AC.

It was 10 universes, not 12. And yeah, even the weakest 3-digit (Divine spirits) in Mondaiji are inifinitely above baseline 2A.

Depends on his scaling chain. It's gonna take a lot to take out the Digimon and SMT scaling chain and haxes. (These chains are vast)

Yes though EE lacks well, feats.

@Dragon

Azi's scaling chain is rather high. He soloed 3 million 2-As if i recall correctly.

3 million Infinitely above 2-A's or just 2-A's. Even then, it also depends on the level of infinitely above 2-A they are. Like Digimon and SMT have characters who stomp infinitely above baselines who stomp infinitely above baselines, who stomp infinite above baselines, who stomp infinitely above baselines, ad nauseum.

Note, for Digimon even the weakest of Digimon 2-A's are infinitely above baseline. SMT has regular 2-As, but a shit ton of infinitely above baseline 2-A's who go through what I posted above.

Being infinitely above infinite should still be the same as normal infinity, unless we're talking infinity x infinity or infinity followed by an infinite power.

Sakamaki Fuji said:
I'm pretty sure that even the weakest 3-digit(Divine Spirits) in Mondaiji are infinitely above baseline 2-A.
From what I heard from the guy who was going to do this before some unforeseen circumstances....they aren't. He basically just said Azi and those above him.

From what I heard from the guy who was going to do this before some unforeseen circumstances....they aren't. He basically just said Azi and those above him.

I don't think so, but i could be wrong.

For 3 digits, isn't indura one? He is one of the creators of little garden which has countless multiverses stacked like particles.

Anyway, about the translations, the baka translations are crap, going by those excluding the 2-A stuff, and stuff like shiroyasha being unable to fight cause she is a universe or something, and yo having 10 universes in her hand, the translations are crap and only give feats ranging from mountain level to continent level maybe.

Now browsing around the web this guy who we apparently banned years ago? Took the time to post translations from it in chinese and post the japanese raws as well.

Going by his translations, star shaking feats are pretty common, however i am sure shaking a sun =/= destroying one, but idk what that feat qualifies as, and there are also feats of breath of a star or something.

The only explicit star busting feats are with another cosmology, like izayoi's destroying barons pocket dimension, and killing letica's dragon authority, since authorities allow ppl to control the sun, and can give that physical form.

Explict 2-A feats are like end emptiness being able to destroy all worlds, and in mondaji there exists infinite universes, across all time axis.

Dystopia can seal all of human history, indura is a creator of little garden which has multiverses stacked like particles, little garden exists across all time axis too.

Back