• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mob Psycho Revisions: Season II Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
Good as time as any to update profiles now that Season II is finished.

There are a few things I'd like to tackle here, but I'll start with the simple stuff.

Power Additions/Removal
Touichirou Suzuki

• Body Control/Transformation. His 100% form seems to have augumented muscles similar to Shibata. He also seems to transform into a distinctly different state during the fight, with espers on the ground noting that he had a completely different aura.
Shigeo Kageyama

• Regenerationn (High-Low)/Healing. Mob breaks his arm here. and later it's shown that he recovers from his wounds, alongside everyone else present. Probably not too applicable for combat but eh, it's there.
Teruki Hanazawa

• Removal of Precognition. It was pointed out to me that it isn't really confirmed he copied Ryo's movement reading, and that it was more Ryo's predictable combat style that let him catch on to his moves. I feel like this is a fair argument and would like more opinions.
Profile Updates
I feel like updating Touichirou's profile to include keys for his %s is needed. He begins to completely overpower 100% Mob in his 80%-100% state, while rivaling Mob after he breaches 40% and up. That said absorbing 600 people on the level of scars like Ishiguro didn't even put him past 10%. So some ratings would need to be figured out.

Manga vs. Anime Feats
I wanted to get a consensus on how we should approach anime feats in Mob Psycho. Some feats are portrayed differently in the anime and some didn't even happen in the manga, however ONE didn't seem to have many objections about its combat animation here and did have some say over stuff like maintaining Mob's appearance. He also says that he gave the anime team a lot of creative freedom, so there's that too.

There is also the issue of ONE's artstyle, which is not very detailed to begin with and leaves a lot to interpretation. Clearer animation/drawings might just be filling in gaps.

Accepting the anime feats would upgrade many if not all of the characters, as Ishiguro's feats alone place him at High 8-C+ to 8-B. Ryo's skyscraper smashing feat likely goes even higher and god forbid half the stuff in Mob vs Touichirou.

Everything's fine but the Gravity Manipulation looks just like every other Telekinesis, but they say "Gravity Control" so I'm unsure. And probably not on the Regenerationn for Mob, since it was implied it was some sort of AoE healing, rather than regen.

Although I think we should accept the anime feats, we don't do that for One Punch Man, so we should probably not do that for Mob either.

It looks like Suzuki had his sorso twisted segnificantly as well, so I think it should have Possibly Low-Mid as well. The gravity manip does have that vibe, so maybe a possibly because it isn't quite clear, otherwise looks good. As for excepting anime feats, I think it is fine for the most part, but it depends a lot on what the differences are

I thought we allowed anime feats for OPM. It was just word of God we discounted.

Heck, ONE works far more closely with Murata than he did with the Mob Psycho crew.

That said the anime is very faithful to the manga. It's just that it fleshes out the combat and designs, which changes the rating of many of the feats.

Well I know abilities and even feats were removed from the profiles of One Punch Man because they came from the anime. If I'm wrong then using feats from the Mob anime is fine.

Eh, I don't know enough on OPM to comment beyond that.

Would it be too much to ask to allow Anime feats that aren't absurdly above the manga feats? Or anime feats that involve stuff like a timeframe for speed/KE where such is kind of impossible in the manga beyond guesswork?

Like I said, I'm completely fine with that and I do agree that we should use the anime feats. It would just look like a double standard if we do that for Mob while exclusively use the manga for One Punch Man, is all I'm saying.

I guess it would help to call over some knowledgable OPM peeps to confirm or deny the anime/manga thing and give the reasoning.

Until I have better feats

Touichirou granted 600 Espers powers that could rival Division Leaders/Scars. This includes people who scale reasonably to Base Mob like Ishiguro. Given those peeps are ranked well above .73 Tons, it should be fine to multiply.

.73 * 600 = 438 Tons. Seems fine for 20% and below Touichirou, who is well below a serious 100% Mob. 20% - 80% should scale directly, while 80% and up should be above Mob to the point where he should be rated at Low 7-C. That and the almost-nuke supports that.

Look good?

Wait

I'm a doof

It literally says "Gravity Control" on the scan above.

11/10 reading Dargoo

"Low-Mid: The ability to regenerate lost limbs, and even from severe organ damage or destruction, including traditionally fatal wounds and disembowelment or horizontal bisection. For machines and vehicles, this would be regenerating minor parts and more extensive internal damage."

Since that isn't technically losing limbs, but his torso twisting in those ways I think we can safely assume that, virtually, every organ inside his body was severely damaged. I think that should qualify for Low-Mid, with some clarifications on how much he actually regenerated.

Dargoo Faust said:
I thought we allowed anime feats for OPM. It was just word of God we discounted.
Heck, ONE works far more closely with Murata than he did with the Mob Psycho crew.

That said the anime is very faithful to the manga. It's just that it fleshes out the combat and designs, which changes the rating of many of the feats.
I have no problems with anime feats as long as they are not contradictions in the original source material. OPM case, if I remembered was that the art style of Webcomic was not good enough for calc since it had drawing inconsistency. So, there anime feats where used substitutes as long as there no contradiction in scaling.

Using the anime feats are fine with me so long as they don't completely go against the Manga in vast scale and follows close to the manga.

Dzhindzholia said:
We don't use anime feats for OPM,I don't mind using them though.
Nevermind, it was the manga feats that are sometimes used

Wouldn't anime feats for OPM upgrade to at least 7-A?There was a storm feat in the last episode.

I agree with everything but that Gravity feat may just be TK.

The gravity manip scan actually says "Gravity Control" on it.

Elizhaa said:
Dzhindzholia said:
We don't use anime feats for OPM,I don't mind using them though.
Nevermind, it was the manga feats that are sometimes used
Well, there is no manga redraw for Mob Psycho. It goes straight from manga to anime.

Similar to OPM ONE's drawing can make many feats pretty vague in terms of size and scope. I feel like, if the same feat happened in the anime, it isn't too crazy to use the clearer visuals on the feat similar to how we use the manga redraw in some cases.

As for feats that do not happen in the manga I will not consider those, I guess. I'd like to at least use them as supporting feats if they line up with manga ratings though.

Nevermind, it was the manga feats that are sometimes usedWell, there is no manga redraw for Mob Psycho. It goes straight from manga to anime.
Similar to OPM ONE's drawing can make many feats pretty vague in terms of size and scope. I feel like, if the same feat happened in the anime, it isn't too crazy to use the clearer visuals on the feat similar to how we use the manga redraw in some cases.

As for feats that do not happen in the manga I will not consider those, I guess. I'd like to at least use them as supporting feats if they line up with manga ratings though.

Sorry for the confusion, I never I change my stance. It is just manga and anime, that I confused for OPM.

It seems we've hit a consensus, should I implement profile changes now?

Pretty sure it does as Danmaku. And I think he is controlling them, so if that falls under Homing then yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back