• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MLP Possible Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, can we elaborate on the reasoning of Discord's durability? I don't recall defeating someone gives one a certain dura feat.

We typically don't assume someones a glass canon unless theirs something to imply that. Since Discord is generally portrayed as being superior to the alicorns, theirs no reason his durability would be lower.

So? Just scale Applejack, and Rainbow. They were the only ones actually attacking the Bugbear sans Twilight. No one said we have to scale everyone, just the ones who actually fought.

That sound so reasonable, yes.

Also, since we're on the topic of character profile creation, maybe creating a page on Starswirl the Bearded can't be too much? Since he's now a possibly reoccurring character due to the latest season finale, perhaps he could get his own page as well.

@Dark I'm not saying they should be 4-B ... But the Mane SIx can harm each other pretty easily. Also the Mane Six are likely the strongest non-Alicorn level beings in Equestria other than the Pillars. Power Ponies is a rare example of some of the Mane SIx being on-par if not being above [ Flutterhulk , which i'm still surprised isn't a mention on Fluttershy's profile yet... ] Alicorn-Level Beings . We also have rare and extreme cases of Unicorns reaching that level before. It's kinda like DBS in the sense that SSG/Alicorn Tier can be rivaled if not surpassed given the situation. Here are some examples :

- Flutterhulk curbstomping the Enchantress , who has a feat comparable, if not stronger than the Alicorns themselves .

- Enchantress for reasons above

- The aforementioned bugbear scenario

- Trixie getting the Alicorn Amulet

- Starlight Shimmer ... Enough said.

- Tirek

- Chrysallis

- Pony of Shadows [ BTW, shouldn't his AP scale to his durability ? He wasn't even directly harmed by the combined power of the Pillars and Elements, only pushed back, the former is implied to be well above all the previous iterations of the Elements, ]

- Non-Canon, but the whole Dark Ponies scenario.

I can name more if you'd like, but the point i'm making is that it isn't unbelievable for a non-Alicorn to reach that power, it's just rare. If this is even accepted [ Which i somewhat agree with the oppositon, but like to argue both ] a " possibly 4-B " just like Twilight should do nicely.

This. So much this. I find it ludicrous that Rainbow Dash is faster than Twilight (which already implies physical superiority), and yet at the same time trillions of times weaker. Actually the current gap is even bigger than that.

Lightbuster30 said:
Maybe they were in an illusion?
I don't know, they never really explain how the comic works (what did you expect, it's magic, it was specifically designed so the writers don't have to explain how it works).

Not saying i agree... But i agree with the extent that Twilight, even as a Alicorn, wasn't treated as at the very least millions times greater than the Mane SIx. REGULAR Ponyville inhabitants yes, but the Mane Six have always been comparable to each other. Do you understand how many times Pinkie has hurt Alicorn Twilight physically with her bear hugs ?

@Seed

Please do not derail this discussion. Azathoth has previously dealt with the statistics scaling issues between the various ponies. We are not going to make almost all of the characters 4-B.

Celestia can move the Sun, yet is inconvenienced by characters enormously below her mostly due to plot convenience to make the generally lighthearted story work properly. We have to take that into account.

Antvasima said:
@Seed

Please do not derail this discussion. Azathoth has previously dealt with the statistics scaling issues between the various ponies. We are not going to make almost all of the characters 4-B.
Quotes of his arguments would be useful.

Yeesh, thread is getting huge. We might have to make another soon. Hey. I was thinking: What if we did this? It would be like one big CRT where we discuss different feats. Saves us the problem of making individual ones. And I don't just mean for My Little Pony.

The problem is that these types of discussions have to stay focused on a specific set of tasks, rather than stray off, or nothing will get done, and they will just waste the time of the participants.

Me and Seed both agreed to drop the discussion. That being said, what in the updated list has been accepted? The sooner we know the sooner we can make updates, and cross things off.

I am not certain. Sorry. Perhaps you can ask Azathoth to comment here again.

I would like an explanation for why you think that everybody should have class 25 lifting strength though.

Antvasima said:
I am not certain. Sorry. Perhaps you can ask Azathoth to comment here again.

I would like an explanation for why you think that everybody should have class 25 lifting strength though.
For reasons already stated. I think we should add possibly far higher, (everyone had their magic nullified at the time)

Can you repeat yourself then? I handle lots of different tasks, and do not remember the explanation.

Okay. That seems reasonable then.

I do not have the time, but it must be handled by somebody who knows what he or she is doing in terms of editing.

Did someone mention Applejack's lifting strength may need an upgrade for kicking a huge rock? I was thinking Class 25, but I'll see what Dark has to say.

Antvasima said:
I do not have the time, but it must be handled by somebody who knows what he or she is doing in terms of editing.
I....am inclined to agree. I'm not used to the editing style here. Plus its a bitch doing it on my phone. Doesn't help the damn thing is slow enough to make Internet Explorer look like the Flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back