• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MLP Massive Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continuing from this thread along with additional topics (https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3401122). This thread is to detail some things:

• Reevaluating the reason 4-B was rejected and it's potential flaws
  • Highlighting the tiering of Starswirl and those who Upscale
Without a further ado... Let's get started:

Reevaluation 4-B's downgrade and the potential for it to retur:

• The reason for 4-B (these calcs here:https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...Pony:_Princess_Sun_Butt_moves_the_sun_(again) , https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Darkanine/My_Little_Pony:_Celestia_lifts_the_sun)being downgraded was essentially because of the fact the Sun moves inconsistently in comparison, we can't calc it because of it's speed differences . It was also downgraded because it was so close to FTL
  • This is a weird reasoning to me for a few reasons:.
  • One being a calc moderator [Numbersguy before he was got demoted] described the feat that was >.95 and said as long as it wasn't FTL it could be used.
  • Two because this is implying any of the calcs have differences in the effort of the feat done. None of the feats were considered the ceiling as everytime the sun was moved it was an extremely casual effort. If Celestia does it stronger and faster with the same ease it stands to no reason those shown to be comparable can do the same.
  • Three : Inconsistency in speed in the calcs would be a major problem if any of these were the limits of Celestia's powers... But it seems to be the opposite. Her doing it at different speeds is justified under the premise they all share a similar feat.
  • Four: We treat casualness with doing very similar feats as leaning towards the higher ends than the lower end.... This should be treated similarly as none of the feats have a significant ceiling of moving the sun for them, so they do the same level of casualness per calc, hence this being possible to be discussed.
  • Five: All the feats calced so far of moving the sun involving Celestia and Luna have been 4-B and or above .15c throughout various iterations of , which makes this even more possible as we have no anti-sun feat to use.
Implications

If the calc is reevaluated it'd affect the majority of the tier 4's who explicitly scale to Celestia and upward. It'd also affect the scaling chain of those who scale such to those as Starswirl, who'd scale to about 1/5th to 1/6th of Celestia via how the magic was used to do the exact same feat Celestia did.

Yeah, i also never really understood why they were downgraded. Just because the sun moves FTL in some scenes, that doesn't mean he must move FTL in every scene and that everytime he doesn't is inconsistent; Celestia could very well just be moving it at different speeds.

So what is gonna happen to that Cell vs Crysalis match once the revisions are final?

I would also like to argue against the Kinetic Energy argument as well, considering there's only a 1 Kilofoe difference if we use 0.93 c instead of 0.955 c. Even at 0.99 c it's not crazily inflationary until you're like 0.000001% away from full light speed. No really, the feat goes from 4 Kilofoe to 10 at 0.99. That's not inflationary. At all.

So I suppose these are the new ratings:

4-B: Chrysalis with Love, Post-Canterlot Tirek, Luna, Celestia, Sombra, Crystal Heart, Elements of Harmony, Pony of Shadows, Discord, Post-Mane 6 Tirek, Full Power Tirek, All Alicorn Twilight, and Rainbow Power

Do we need admin approval now or just majority vote to start editing the profiles?

After that, we can deal with any Low 4-C profiles changes.

Bump. The major question is what to do with those who scale to Starswirl assuming both calcs are accepted ? Would they somewhat scale to the calc via raising the sun and thusly be 4-B due to being somewhat relative , but obviously weaker than the sun calc, or do we just note them as extremely high above baseline High 4-C via being 1/5th of the 4-B calc ?

The 2nd Existential Seed said:
Bump. The major question is what to do with those who scale to Starswirl assuming both calcs are accepted ? Would they somewhat scale to the calc via raising the sun and thusly be 4-B due to being somewhat relative , but obviously weaker than the sun calc, or do we just note them as extremely high above baseline High 4-C via being 1/5th of the 4-B calc ?
Like Twilight Sparkle or are we talking about the other Unicorns who aided him? The former should absolutely scale to 1/6th of the feat. The latter should still be comparable, but a smaller degree of 4-B than Starswirl.

Also, the second calc has something wrong with the link, remove the ")being" part from the end. Also that calc was debunked as the Sun actually moved at FTL speeds.

Btw the Sun celebration episode just aired so you can talk about the feats here or another thread if you wish.

About what I expected when I first saw it nice.

Well if this gets accepted high to top tiers will have FTL speed.

There;s Darkanine, (now under a different name), I think Matt is a bit knowledgeable (to what extent I don't know), Azathoth (not very active), Antvasima, plus a few more off the top of my head.

As I think that Azathoth mentioned about this topic earlier, Celestia regularly moves the sun at FTL speeds. We cannot manipulate the outcome of one specific instance when it moved slower than elsewhere to end up at just below lightspeed in order to get inflated statistics.

We have dealt with this topic extensively previously, and the thread should preferably be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back