• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MK God Tier 2-C revisions.

While Kronika scaling about the Elder Gods is fine, I don't think anyone scales to the One Being
If it will serve to emphasize the importance of your quest, I will tell you what I can. The Kamidogu made possible the creation of reality. The Elder Gods used them to split the consciousness of the One Being into what we know as the realms.

I do not understand. What is this 'One Being'?

Before the creation of the realms, there were only the Elder Gods and the One Being. The One Being fed off the Elder Gods -- it consumed them. A war raged in the timeless void until six Elder Gods forged the Kamidogu and used them to splinter the One Being into the many realms.

I am humbled by the scope of what you have revealed to me. Still, I am left to wonder why the Elder Gods have needed my assistance.

As you know, you were called by the Elder Gods to retrieve the Kamidogu and deliver them into safekeeping. What you do not know is that The Elder Gods had detected a plot whereby an individual sought to exploit the Kamidogu and merge all the realms in an attempt to gain ultimate power.
The Elder Gods fought the One Being, but there's no indication that they actually damaged it or did anything to stop it. They just didn't get wiped out before they forged the Kamidogu, which was then used to split the One Being into the Realms. The One Being in all endings that its released also just eats reality and nothing can stop it.

So I get a Tier 6 change or something (assuming we're still scaling pre-retcon stuff to post-retcon), but I'm against just wholesale Tier 2 scaling.

Last edited:
I dont think the Elder Gods should scale either, but why not fire God liu Kang and Crowned Shang Tsung? They defeated Kronika

I dont think the Elder Gods should scale either, but why not fire God liu Kang and Crowned Shang Tsung? They defeated Kronika
I said they'd scale to the Elder God's physicals if we're still scaling people to pre-retcon stuff.

What I said is that them scaling to the One Being itself doesn't work when it was only beaten through gear in a era without time (so no Hourglass) and any ending where the One Being is reassembled it kills everything because nothing can stop it.

Ah so it's possible the battle waged before the hourglass existed then?

Btw I've been wondering but why did we remove the shaking earth to its core feat from raiden?

Ah so it's possible the battle waged before the hourglass existed then?
According to Onaga, it has to. When Kronika also rewinds everything to the start of existence, the One Being has already been split. So time wasn't a thing until after it was split into the cosmos.
Btw I've been wondering but why did we remove the shaking earth to its core feat from raiden?
idk. As a guess maybe all the old Arcade lore was considered to be to contradictory compared to later lore.
Also shao kahn merging the realms with his power.
That's using overtime magic involving orbs. In Deception and I think Deadly Alliance there's endings were worlds are unmerged by just removing some orbs from Outworld. Its nothing AP related.

MK lore really doesn't make much sense when you break it down, because who created time?
idk. As a guess maybe all the old Arcade lore was considered to be to contradictory compared to later lore.
Maybe they felt it was more consistent to be building. Tier 6 should return imo since there's really nothing contradicting.
That's using overtime magic involving orbs. In Deception and I think Deadly Alliance there's endings were worlds are unmerged by just removing some orbs from Outworld. Its nothing AP related.
Interesting, I always thought he just had the power to merge himself. Do you happen to have a scan of these orbs?

Maybe they felt it was more consistent to be building. Tier 6 should return imo since there's really nothing contradicting.
MK being building level is because there was a CRT that got the original Pre-Armageddon timeline and the Post-Armageddon timeline seperated with neither being able to scale to the other. Dunno how much tier 6 stuff is in the series before MK9 happened but it can't return and be applied to any of our current profiles since they're all based on the current timelime (The Elder Gods profile just seems to have been ignored and left with the old scaling for some reason, pretty sure they're not meant to be tier 6 rn and are meant to be tier 8 to line up with the rest of the current timeline profiles), there's plans to eventually make profiles for the original timeline so those versions of the characters could maybe keep tier 6 stuff or something if it's legit.

MK being building level is because there was a CRT that got the original Pre-Armageddon timeline and the Post-Armageddon timeline seperated with neither being able to scale to the other. Dunno how much tier 6 stuff is in the series before MK9 happened but it can't return and be applied to any of our current profiles since they're all based on the current timelime (The Elder Gods profile just seems to have been ignored and left with the old scaling for some reason, pretty sure they're not meant to be tier 6 rn and are meant to be tier 8 to line up with the rest of the current timeline profiles), there's plans to eventually make profiles for the original timeline so those versions of the characters could maybe keep tier 6 stuff or something if it's legit.
So we don't have any pre 9 profiles? Besides one being?

So we don't have any pre 9 profiles? Besides one being?
I think we have a small handful of pre 9 profiles besides one being, I know Blaze still has one and I think Onaga is based on the original timeline but for the most part the profiles we have for the series are only based on MK9 to MK11.

Why do we separate the 2? It's not like they're different games entirely lol
Think some minor differences in the lore (Even without taking Raiden changing events into account) were a reason, iirc tho the main reason was that the portrayal in power between the characters in the original timeline and the current one is massive (I think Shao Kahn was brought up as an example of his feats being much weaker compared to the og one or something) so it was decided they'd be separated to account for the sudden change in strength these characters were being shown having.

Yeah I was wondering why there wasn't a Bihan sub zero profile tbh.
Think some minor differences in the lore (Even without taking Raiden changing events into account) were a reason, iirc tho the main reason was that the portrayal in power between the characters in the original timeline and the current one is massive (I think Shao Kahn was brought up as an example of his feats being much weaker compared to the og one or something) so it was decided they'd be separated to account for the sudden change in strength these characters were being shown having.
I believe that's due to Kronika's design. Even the older games are just failed timelines of Kronika. In the MK legends movie Kano is stronger than Shang Tsung due to his manipulation of the timeline with the Hourglass.

After extensive research I found that mk 1-3 realms merged due to furies or rather off setting the natural balance by defeating mk chosen fighters. Which is why I’m mk 9 the realms be game to merge after snidely with Shang tsung soul defeat a large majority of the earth realm fighters.

I also found every scan relating to the orbs in mk deadly alliance.

Yeah exactly. It's orb magic or dimensional unbalance than anything that would scale to AP.

It's why even if the Kamidogu weren't used just fusing all the realms into one would allow to One Being to reawaken and eat everything.

Yeah exactly. It's orb magic or dimensional unbalance than anything that would scale to AP.

It's why even if the Kamidogu weren't used just fusing all the realms into one would allow to One Being to reawaken and eat everything.
Yup just was getting all the evidence. I read through the old threads and tbh the best case you could make is fot 2-C environmental merging via something similar to bleach.

Yup just was getting all the evidence. I read through the old threads and tbh the best case you could make is fot 2-C environmental merging via something similar to bleach.
I think there was a discussion about Shao Kahn getting a separate 2-C rating via enviromental destruction due to realm merging, or 5-B or whatever (I don't know what size this site considers realms to be, last I checked it was planetary or something but 🤷‍♂️ ) but that, like a lot of Pre-MK9 stuff, got put on hold until we got a decent collection of feats and calcs to scale from.

I think there was a discussion about Shao Kahn getting a separate 2-C rating via enviromental destruction due to realm merging, or 5-B or whatever (I don't know what size this site considers realms to be, last I checked it was planetary or something but 🤷‍♂️ ) but that, like a lot of Pre-MK9 stuff, got put on hold until we got a decent collection of feats and calcs to scale from.
They're infinite size separate space time continuum. This also happens in MK 9 as well.

First, there's a reason if we decided to split the timelines (Midway and Netherrealm's) into two different canons.
MK writing, especially after Netherrealm took over, is simply asinine, and the new studio (comprehensibly tbh) wanted to create their own series, and used the time-rewind just as an excuse to reboot everything.
It's blatant how the Midway and Netherrealm timelines don't match with each other in terms of characters, events, cosmology and many other things, aside from whatever could be attributed to the small changes enabled by Raiden messing with time.
For this reason it doesn't make sense to use statements from MKD to scale concepts introduced 15 years later in MK11.

Writers and producers stating different things on Twitter and interviews is also nothing new, iirc there were some tweets from Ed Boon in which he stated the realms are solar system-sized.

As I always say, one day I will get to work on Midway MK, the job's just too big for me to handle in any foreseeable future, and it can't be fixed by a few CRTs that patch together some scattered pieces of information, unfortunately.
My proposal will always be to never connect the two, and scale each other's cosmology only by what is shown and told in their respective canon. For example, considering the One Being as having two different keys.

Also, the powers granted by the Hourglass don't scale to physicals nor even actual AP, it's just Reality Warping-Time Hax, with the Crown working more like a remote control rather than a battery.

This question pops up every three months or so, the feat wasn't canon to begin with (as it happens in a bad ending) and the shaking of the Earth to its core is still described to be the result of Raiden and Shao Kahn's battle, which went on for who knows how much time.
To qualify as a tier 6 feat, the Earth should have been shaken to its core by a single blow delivered only by a single character.
Also, there's still the possibility of it being hyperbolic flowery wording meant to convey the idea of a great clash.

Also shao kahn merging the realms with his power.
That's just fusionism magic, there's nothing indicating it scales to physicals or any other attack. Also, the old games describe the process as happening overtime.

The whole "Titans > OB" is still questionable at best, it could also simply mean that Kronika plays the puppeteer part by rewinding the timelines beyond the Titans and the OB's ability to interfere.
Also, we must take at face value how the Titans are a recent and badly/scarcely explored concept to add additional steps to the cosmic hierarchy. Kronika herself wasn't so much strong due to her own power alone, but rather because of the power of the hourglass.

Since starting this thread I've actually learned a lot of new stuff about the lore.

For instance, realm merging happens as a result of kombat. It's not anyone's power it's just the imbalance of negative and positive forces in the universe. Prevalent in every game. It started with furies, adopted into later games, armeggedon also has the concept and is the reason for the weakening of the realms it's because theirs conflict. Kronika is also trying to attain the perfect balance as well.

I do agree the hourglass shouldn't scale to anyone's physicals. But in the original crt it was decided that kronika scales above the one being due to the most recent Twitter quote from Dominic.

As for the older games, I have the scaling and I didn't know the raiden core shake happened from an ending. I don't thinknits possible to shake a planet with over time feats but there's other evidence like the extention of the dinosaurs reference and reptiles race.

She doesn't. The Elder Gods shouldn't scale to the One Being either.
What should we propose then? A new crt? A single komidoku does have the power to merge a realm though so idk about midway Era not downscaling from one beings in some way.

blazes profile also needs to be reworked. He doesn’t destroy the realms, the realms are destroyed due to the chaos that’s unbalance the realms due to the conflicts sof war spreading.

revealed in Deception, it’s the kombat or unbalancing of furies that cause realms to merge or separate.

A single komidoku does have the power to merge a realm though
A Kamidogu merging a realm is because it allows the One Being to steadily unsealed itself. All Realms are the One Being, merging them just reassembles it.

A Kamidogu merging a realm is because it allows the One Being to steadily unsealed itself. All Realms are the One Being, merging them just reassembles it.
I’m tempted to believe nobody scales to merges since the realms are astral to begin with but idk.

but to get back on point what should we do for the current crt?

if we have to have Kronika above one being due to the hourglass it’s self it would make more sense than her being independently more powerful. It’s implied the titans were involved in the splitting of the one being as well.

No one should scale to the merging nor to the One Being, Kronika and the titans being above the OB doesn't make sense to start with, they've never shown such levels of power, they don't share the same nature and Kronika herself appears to be closer in power to the Elder Gods rather than the OB.

The Kamidogu do empower the user and Onaga with all of them was effectively invulnerable, but that's a different matter, just like merging the realms.
And once again, we should stop comparing the old and the new timelines as if they were and worked the same way.

As for the older games, I have the scaling and I didn't know the raiden core shake happened from an ending. I don't thinknits possible to shake a planet with over time feats but there's other evidence like the extention of the dinosaurs reference and reptiles race.
It's fiction, everything can happen, and even then, there just isn't enough evidence nor support to make this feat clear-cut.
The text itself says they fight until the very core of the Earth is shaken, implying (if nor straight up confirming) that this wasn't done by a single person in a single attack.

It was also established in the past how Raiden and Shinnok's apocalyptic battle can't be properly gauged, and would warrant only a "likely higher", since a high level of environmental destruction is strongly suggested but never clearly defined.

No onaga wasn't truly invulnerable he was just amped to the point where he was far too powerful for the other fighters.

Then my proposal would be to just have the Hourglass scale to erasing the realms and it be the sole artifact capable of such scale.

I dont fully agree with separating the lore since all raiden did was send back his memories to the past so it's still technically the same timelines past but if that's what we're doing then should there be two one beings?

No onaga wasn't truly invulnerable he was just amped to the point where he was far too powerful for the other fighters.
Yeah, that's what I meant

I dont fully agree with separating the lore since all raiden did was send back his memories to the past so it's still technically the same timelines past but if that's what we're doing then should there be two one beings?
Logically it is, but you get new characters who are strongly involved in the plot that never existed before, others who should show up and are instead barely mentioned at best, new cosmic figures showing up, the nature of some characters changing entirely (Shao Kahn was a godly being like Raiden in the old timeline), characters whose personality is retconned entirely (Sindel was actually good in the old timeline, here she was always evil) and a crapton of other things that just don't stack up.

As I said, Netherrealm wanted to make their own world from scratch, so they used Raiden's ass-pull power as an exploit to perform a soft-reboot, but then did basically whatever they wanted.

Back