• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mission: Yozakura Family Discussion Thread

I individually broke down the post, responding to each point, but realized that I don't feel like doing allat and I'm not really trying to debate, so I deleted it. I understand that Yae produces electricity that can paralyze and conduct through materials and shiz, so it's not like you have to prove that to me, I just don't think it's lightning speed since it's evidently not calling lightning from the clouds, but creating it through the use of ions.

And like, Kanrai is never noted as massively faster than everyone in the verse, so narratively it seems weird that Taiyo would be able to do this when canonically he's the weakest Yozakura Spy the first time he busts it out. Barring the non-combatants.

Last edited:
I just don't think it's lightning speed since it's evidently not calling lightning from the clouds, but creating it through the use of ions
I mean I really doubt the electricity spawned from thin air that high above the island. (Cause it’d be weird cause then why not spawn it right on top of Asa’s head instead)
That, and real clouds simply are creating negatively and positively charged ions. So if the bolt comes from the sky and has that ion explanation exists that should be enough.
If you’re talking about specifically the pre timeskip one evidently not being Ctg I can understand that. Given those times it doesn’t go through buildings when it’s hitting people like vs Asa. But there is still the fact that there it’s called lightning and the other justifications you acknowledged as fine for Pre Timeskip. While not having any strong contradictions to being that fast.
And like, Kanrai is never noted as massively faster than everyone in the verse, so narratively it seems weird that Taiyo would be able to do this when canonically he's the weakest Yozakura Spy the first time he busts it out.
Taiyo only is able to get it off against Kawashita once Kyoichiro paralyzed him, and it visibly takes him an extended time to fire. Against Shinzo, where Shinzo doesn’t react to it although it doesn’t do much to harm him. And against Asa, who blocks the bolt, but from an unknown distance since we don’t know when he started moving, but Taiyo only did it when Asa was distracted, a big opening.
Having an attack with high attack speed doesn’t matter if he gets defeated too quick for him to use it. So it wouldn’t have any effect on how strong he is relative to the other combatant Yozakuras like Shinzo Futaba or Kyoichiro.

Last edited:
mean I really doubt the electricity spawned from thin air that high above the island. (Cause it’d be weird cause then why not spawn it right on top of Asa’s head instead)
Kanrai literally can't call lightning though cause that's just not how it works, lol. That's simply just not what it does or how it functions. This can only really work if we conclude that Taiyo gained new uses for Kanrai through the timeskip, which yeah, I guess that would mean that Pre-Timeskip Kanrai isn't MHS+ while Post is.
That, and real clouds simply are creating negatively and positively charged ions. So if the bolt comes from the sky and has that ion explanation exists that should be enough.
Would this still not imply that Kanrai isn't lightning speed, because the ion reaction generated by clouds is what causes MHS+ lightning, not the one that Taiyo manually does using Yae?
Having an attack with high attack speed doesn’t matter if he gets defeated too quick for him to use it.
I can understand this but the point is that it's never noted to be an end all be all blitz attack, either way. Taiyo can't effectively use it because he's weak but I really don't think it matters if he's weak, him having an attack thousands of times faster than people much, much faster than he is physically is something that's going to be brought up. Particularly by Shinzo, who built Yae yet never notes that Kanrai is a last-resort attack that can blitz anyone, to my knowledge.

I can compromise on Post-TS Kanrai being MHS+ ig but Pre-TS 1000% is not a MHS+ attack.

Kanrai literally can't call lightning though cause that's just not how it works, lol. That's simply just not what it does or how it functions. This can only really work if we conclude that Taiyo gained new uses for Kanrai through the timeskip, which yeah, I guess that would mean that Pre-Timeskip Kanrai isn't MHS+ while Post is.
I’m ok with compromising like this
Would this still not imply that Kanrai isn't lightning speed, because the ion reaction generated by clouds is what causes MHS+ lightning, not the one that Taiyo manually does using Yae?
No it wouldn’t. Cause the lightning feats page primarily has the requirement of 1.6 Billion joules if you meet other requirements. Which Taiyo meets the Joule requirement, so his Kanrai electricity wouldn’t be weaker than a lightning bolt whether it’s manually collecting Ions into a pathway (which Yae is doing) or some other method of taking advantage of what’s naturally there.
It’s why there’s some characters who fire magic lightning from their fingertips and don’t even mention ions or how electricity works can get MHS. Cause they meet paralysis or conducting requirements and a bunch of other stuff. (Although consistency for a verse is important, which I’m pretty sure is your real concern here)
I can understand this but the point is that it's never noted to be an end all be all blitz attack, either way. Taiyo can't effectively use it because he's weak but I really don't think it matters if he's weak, him having an attack thousands of times faster than people much, much faster than he is physically is something that's going to be brought up. Particularly by Shinzo, who built Yae yet never notes that Kanrai is a last-resort attack that can blitz anyone, to my knowledge.
This is a valid concern. There is still the fact that until Asa (the final big bad) no one had actually reacted to it ever. But its speed isn’t noted either.
I can compromise on Post-TS Kanrai being MHS+ ig but Pre-TS 1000% is not a MHS+ attack.
I am planning to do some heavier revisions for the verse once the Super Yozakura Festival (This final arc) concludes. So I can include a Pre-TS Kanrai downgrade in there.

Well, Asa doesn't actually react to it either, because he's seen still sitting normally until he moves an arm up to block and the electricity bends. But yeah.
Noted. Although even if he did “react” it wouldn’t have made a difference for speed ratings in the verse (Cause the lightning would always move way more distance than Asa ever could in a similar timespan since it’s coming from outside). But I guess that’s supporting evidence for the Post-TS one being fast.

Last edited:
Back