• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the more savage animal of them all? (Chimp vs Pit Bull)

Technically, we do have a source of a chimp biting through a leopard's neck. But that's under specific conditions.

Depends on if we need a source. Technically, we have used sources to indirectly infer circumstantial evidence before. In this sense, we technically have sources of a chimp demolishing 2 pack dogs indirectly via overpowering both dogs by grip strength. Besides, by your logic, we also have no source of 2 or more pitbulls/dogs dealing with animal higher overall LS by grip strength.
OH yeah the hunter hounds

H3 mentioned the leopard, and the Wikipedia article on chimps also mentions they have killed leopards
That must been cubs, Leopards eats chimps and even are an challenge for gorillas.
Technically, we do have a source of a chimp biting through a leopard's neck. But that's under specific conditions.

Depends on if we need a source. Technically, we have used sources to indirectly infer circumstantial evidence before. In this sense, we technically have sources of a chimp demolishing 2 pack dogs indirectly via overpowering both dogs by grip strength. Besides, by your logic, we also have no source of 2 or more pitbulls/dogs dealing with animal higher overall LS by grip strength.
We are talking 1v2, not 1v1. We have evidence of Pitbulls surviving many kicks and even hit with baseball, they are very tough and can overpower the chimp by being more than one. They can bleed out the chimp and distract him while the other attacks behind.

That must been cubs, Leopards eats chimps and even are an challenge for gorillas.

We are talking 1v2, not 1v1. We have evidence of Pitbulls surviving many kicks and even hit with baseball, they are very tough and can overpower the chimp by being more than one. They can bleed out the chimp and distract him while the other attacks behind.
Doesn't the chimp have the option of overpowering both by griping both dogs?

And gimme the links of pitbulls surviving stick strikes from people and baseballs, I want my pet doggy to be stacked💀

That doesn't stop blood, Pitbulls ripping off his flesh or neck bite by running around.

Idk, too nsfw for here.
Does not stop the Chimp from grabbing and throwing them or climbing to a vantage point where the dogs cannot reach and hurl down stuff that either drive them away or injure them either, but these are all hypothetical simulation-like scenarios worth considering

That doesn't stop blood, Pitbulls ripping off his flesh or neck bite by running around.
Techically, the chimp could just grab the pitbulls' butts and just smash their skulls in with his superior strength to stop any biting

And the chimp's grip strength is at a point where this is relevant: "If a dog's tail is pulled up and backwards continuously or their back legs are grabbed and followed by the grabbed dog being flipped on their back, their bite grip will usually release.[26]" straight from the Lab Retriever profile. This should also stop biting if thr chimp indiscrimately grabed their tails.

"
Upon our arrival at the new camp at
10:00 hours, the vocalizations started again, just as had happened the day
before. I asked the cutters, why have the chimpanzees been vocalizing for
two days straight, from the same direction? I left three workers to
continue the camp work and took Kangonyesi and Garavura toward the
source of the sounds. When we arrived, we found a chimpanzee on the
ground 10 m from us, eating something white. LF says that the
chimpanzee was a medium-sized individual and had its back to the
observers, and they watched it feed for about 5 minutes. The site was in
dense forest on a hilltop above a river, in an area visited frequently by
chimpanzees (4°19.52’N, 24°41.44’E). We could not see well what the
chimpanzee was eating. I asked Kangonyesi to cough once, and when he
did, the chimpanzee moved off by climbing up a vine into the trees.
Arriving at the site, we found a leopard apparently killed by the
chimpanzee. The haunches and the two back legs had been eaten by the
ape. We examined it well and searched the leopard’s body, and saw that it
had two wounds on the neck and one on the side of the shoulder blade. I
took a sample of the leopard (its paw). LF cut off the front paw just above
the wrist and brought it back to Bili. It was killed by the chimpanzee
itself. The time is 10:49 am. The two back legs were mostly missing,
confirmed LF. He thought that the bite marks on the neck and shoulder
had been made by a chimpanzee, as there was much tearing where the
meat had been ripped from the presumed fatal wounds, consistent with
chimpanzee bites and not the puncture wounds of big cats. The leopard’s
neck appeared to have been broken"

They're often experts in the study. If it's a cub, then why didn't they mention that it was a cub? Depends on the situation, but in this one, I might as well apply it to other cases where the animal's age isn't stated.

I know there's a bunch of unknowns, but I'm sure the ape could use other ways of dealing with leopards or marking this corpse half a person's weight (ambush, group tactics, carcass scavenging, etc). Not just that it could be a weaker one.

I though you meant the dogs.
Sorry welp.
Either way, I'm putting in my bet for the Chimp.

(Also, maybe some other day after the Real World Page is fully revamped with the reorganisation, we can make a thread for a battle royale pitting organisms (using only their own bodies and nothing else, so no tools or weapons) across the different taxonomical ranks perhaps...? Basically a grand tournament-style series of match-ups gradually ascending the taxonomic ranks with the winners of each taxonomic rank representing the taxonomic rank above them (like strongest genera representing their family, then strongest genera of strongest family representing their order, etc etc).

1280px-Taxonomic_Rank_Graph.svg.png

^just letting you know

^just letting you know
i don't think it's commonly accepted to advertise your own suggestions, replies, threads, etc unless you've done something well (an equally or greater favor for example) for the user in question or are relatively accepted acquaintances/friends. Just to let you know.

If you want to remind me of stuff, do it on my message walls

i don't think it's commonly accepted to advertise your own suggestions, replies, threads, etc unless you've done something well (an equally or greater favor for example) for the user in question or are relatively accepted acquaintances/friends. Just to let you know.

If you want to remind me of stuff, do it on my message walls
Fair enough, but then again since the profile appearances and links might change due to the restructuring of the Real World Page I'm hoping the match-up results can be posted after said restructuring is done (otherwise it might end up messing up the page and entry structures and links to and from the pages and entries)

Back