• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mirio Togata vs Yang Xiao Long

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mirio via his Intangibility

That guy is just too precise, and he can probably get through Yang's 'forcefield'

I'd say it is. Mirio is amazing with his intangibility, and fact is, theres no way to tell what parts of his body are intangible. He can instantly teleport around places too, as well as the fact he was going to beat Overhaul until Eri got involved

Yang cant hit him, Yang hasnt got her Aura ot protect her, RIP Yang

He's no glass cannon either so he can take hits from Yang

@Jinx According to his profile, he cant actually damage things while he's in his intangible state, only pass through and allow things to pass through him. He has to be tangible in order to actually do any damage. Also, he only has pseudo teleportation.

Mirio still stands
Also had his Quirk erased and still gave OverHaul problems. He also powered through this without passing out and this was after his Quirk was erased.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Jinx According to his profile, he cant actually damage things while he's in his intangible state, only pass through and allow things to pass through him. Also, he only has pseudo teleportation.

What are you talking about? No he can literally ignore durability with intangible attacks. Sticks a intangible hand into someone and become tangible again.

@Knight Not according to his profile

Both his profile here and the page about him on BNHwiki have no implication of being able to ignore physical durability the way youre describing it

Durability negation is literally in his profile. He becomes intangible, sticks a hand or his leg through Yang and become tangible again.

Knightofannihilation666 said:
Durability negation is literally in his profile. He becomes intangible, sticks a hand or his leg through Yang and become tangible again.
When has he ever done something like that?

WeeklyBattles said:
@Jinx According to his profile, he cant actually damage things while he's in his intangible state, only pass through and allow things to pass through him. He has to be tangible in order to actually do any damage. Also, he only has pseudo teleportation.
With his precision, he can make different parts of his body intangible. He can instantly make himself tangible, but only parts, once he's close to yang and hit her. Yang has no way of knowing which part he would make intangible though, so tis luck of the draw if she can actually hit him

Things like the Blinding Eye Poke and the Phantom Menace (Killing move btw) for example are his ways of unexpectedly striking

The teleportation is still useful and able to get behind Yang from all sorts of directions. Not to mention if he needs to retreat.

@Jinx Yes, im aware of how his Quirk works, and youre right, Yang would need a lucky shot in order to actually hurt him.

Yeah, but those are physical attacks, not attacks where he's offensively using his Quirk against the opponent. Those are just gonna activate her Semblance.

That i agree with. Mirio's intangibility is more tactical than offensive.

@Aizen Cool, show me one time where he's used his intangibility to instakill an opponent by phasing himself through vital spots

Ummm he doesn't because he's literally a hero. But here you go.
Screenshot 2017-12-21-04-46-09

Mirio can become intangible and tangible at will.

I know he can become tangible and intangible at will and i know he can go through the opponent's body, but if its not in character for him to pull a flash and instakill by phasing through the opponent's body then why would you argue that its something he would do?

If Aura is a physical 'forcefield' then all he has to do is phase through it and then unphase to get underneath it

And he took out all of Class 1-A (Excluding Todo and Bakugo, but he could take em easily too) by hitting their vital spots too, and ofc holding back so he oesnt kill them

His phantom menace is also labelled as a Killing move

Because SBA takes care of that. Just like Vash wouldn't attack harm or kill anyone in character however SBA takes away weaknesses like that.

Because SBA takes care of that. Just like Vash wouldn't attack harm or kill anyone in character however SBA takes away weaknesses like that.
SBA means he's IN CHARACTER. He's taken down people without pulling a Flash before.

@Jinx Yes, i know, i agree with you and i already said that Permeation can bypass Aura

What i mean by all of this is if its not in character for him to phase his hand through the opponent and rip out their heart or brain, then why use that as an argument? That's all im saying.

Honestly that really doesnt mean anything other than being an imposing title.

@Weekly

SBA: State of mind: In character, but willing to kill. The characters will employ their usual battle strategies, including flaws such as being casual, however, must be willing to kill the opponent even if they usually won't.

@Knight Yes. I know. In character Mirio has taken down people without needing to resort to extreme tactics like the ones youre describing. He could very likely take Yang out without resorting to tactics he's has never and likely would never use in any other circumstances.

So he would fight as he always does, except that he would kill Yang instead of resorting to KO.

I'm fully aware of that. However your previous replies made it seem like he wasn't going to resort in doing so. If he needs to kill Yang that way then he will.

So wait, should Yang's loss to Overhaul be removed if this gets added? There's no reason for her to have a loss against a character and then another loss to the charcter who beat that character

Plus i still feel like the votes on this thread are more legit that the Overhaul thread ovo

This would make that thread redundant and is a hell of a lot better.

And thank you for removing Dante vs Ryuko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back