• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Xenoblade 1 Additions

Going to suggest making some additions to some profiles.

Additions for most characters

Additions for Shulk and Zanza

• Resistance to Fate Manipulation ( Zanza fused with the Passage of Fate itself and still could not win against Shulk with it. )
Addition to Zanza

• Fate Manipulation ( Fused with the Passage of Fate and would logically gain Fate Manipulation as a result of this. )
  • Durability Negation ( via his Black Hole attack inflicting Pierce which bypasses Durability )
Additions for Alvis

• All of the Monado Arts ( As he is the Monado itself it is only logical that he can use the Monado Arts. )
Additions for Shulk

• Possible Empathic Manipulation ( Allows Shulk to reduce his opponent's aggro, should be only really useful on Team Fights. )
  • Possible Existence Erasure ( After dealing the final blow to Zanza, Zanza stated that All I am is fading. The memory of a God's existence, born from the chaos of creation. It is vanishing.
  • Possible Resistance to Time Stop ( Was able to move when Alvis stopped Time but could be argued that Alvis chose not to stop Shulk. )
  • Immunity to Stat Reducing Debuffs ( Shulk's Immunizer skill allows him to become immune to said debuffs. )
Hope this goes well and if there is anything else to be added be sure to mention in the comments.

The only "Possibly" here is Resistace to Time Stop as it's not 100% certain if Shulk flat out resisted it or Alvis just stopped time for everyone except him. Everything else is pretty concreate (Though Acasuality Type 2 already covers resistance to Fate Manipulation) however their are a few other additions for Shulk that could be added. Monado Enchant should also count as Damage Boost for obvious reasons, Stream Edge could possibly count as Shockwave Generation for releasing a wave that inflicts Break on Surrounding Targets. Shulk could also get Low Regenerationn with Aura Heal Gem since activating the Monado is considered an Aura in the game which heals HP. The Finale of the game takes place in Zanza's Memory of the world before he became a god which is clearly shown to be Space which would give Shulk and the rest of the party Self-Sustenance (Type 1) and possibly Time Travel. Lastly The Monado 3 is reffered to in game as "The Sword of Light" and it's Kanji symbol appears as "God" and seeing how the final act of the game plays out could give The Monado 3 Holy Manipulation (Types: Empowerment, Holy Artifact/Weaponry, Light Manipulation and Miracles)

Zanza should also get Transformation and Large Size for each of his 3 forms though the type's of Large Size are unknown.

So are we in agreement? Also after some thinking I'd like to suggest adding Portal Creation to Zanza and resistance to BFR as a result of the Portal Creation which we see him do to allow people such as Dickson to move around Prison Island quickly.

Zanza could make Portals between his own memory realm and the Bionis/Mechonis so he could travel between dimensions.

So then he'd have dimensional travel, which is the same as BFR resistance. I feel like Alvis and possibly Shulk could have it too, mainly because the party wasn't stuck in Memory Space after the reset caused by their reality warping.

Shulk and Alvis would likely have it we just have not seen who exactly was the one who sent them back. Could have been either of them. Also remind me if they can use dimensional travel via portals like Zanza could they perform BFR?

It may seem like a reach, but I can see them using their reality warping to BFR, especially Shulk, since it's on a lesser scale than straight-up resetting a timeline.

Resistance to durability negation is not a thing. If there's an explanation that isn't game mechanics for how pierce works, then it could resist whatever that ability is, but we don't use resistance to durability negation as a thing. Looking at Pierce however, that looks more like resistance to statistics reduction.

Resistance to Fate Manipulation is redundant and unnecessary; Type 2 Acausality already covers immunity to it.

Fate Manipulation for Zanza is a definite yes, I'm going to address that in the other thread.

Durability negation via Black Hole makes sense, also statistics reduction.

Regenerationn via internal organ damaging recovery also makes sense.

All Monado Arts for Alvis agreed.

Time Stop sounds too vague, but I actually got something even better in my WIP post.

I think Empathetic manipulation makes sense

He does appear to erase Zanza from existence, so maybe but unsure. He can kill Non-Corporals for sure and destroy intangible beings. So I'm not sure if that qualifies as Existence Erasure.

Resistance to time stop, same as the other proposal. Wait for something even better as that sounds too vague.

And Immunity is considered NLF, so it's safer to say resistance.

I got 30 paragraphs full of scans. And much if it is entirely new information that hasn't really been debated before. I'm just about finished and I'll post when I'm ready to tackle that.

As for the other abilities listed below during the thread. Damage Boost and Shock-wave generation seem fine. That's sounds like Healing, not Regenerationn for Shulk. Regenerationn is more passive without techniques or items. Self-Sustenance Type 1 sounds reasonable, but it's more so that Zanza creating Memory Space to resemble the original Universe rather than the party members having Time Travel. I'm not sure about Holy Manipulation, we don't always assume Holy manipulation just because something is stated to have the power of a god.

Zanza's Bionis key should have Large size Type 4. His True form would be Type 0 though. Also agreed with Transformation.

One more thing to suggest.

• Memory Manipulation for Alvis due to him using Shulk's memories to create copies of his friends.
Other than that we can make a list of what was accepted then add them.

Doesn't sound like he actively manipulated their memories specifically. More so that he already knew his memories and simply recreated his friends.

Medeus seems to make sense with his evaluation above.

Back