• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Venusian Aikido Change (Doctor Who)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venusian Aikido implements pressure points, as shown in this scene and many other instances of the Doctor using the martial art. It's pretty obvious it's pressure points as well, since Epzo is able to move after the 13th incarnation moves her finger away from him. I suggest replacing this ability with Pressure Points.

However, the Doctor can inflict genuine paralysis with this martial art. He states so in Inferno after using venusian aikido against Stahlman.

(Stahlman raises the stick to hit the Doctor.)
DOCTOR: Ai tavich!
The Doctor jabs his thumb in the region of Stahlman's collar bone. Stahlman drops the stick.)
BRIGADIER: Doctor! What on earth do you think you're doing?

DOCTOR: Venusian karate. It's very effective. Hold it long enough and the subject remains permanently paralysed.

So Paralysis Inducement can stay, just with a different scan and explanation.

Last edited:
About to apply the changes. Should I add references as well considering the new standards? I feel like they'd look out of place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back