• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Released Boros revision

Neutral for now. I’d like to see the arguments in favor of keeping it before I give my thoughts.

Welp, I tried to think of a way to make Boros scale above Orochi make sense without using Saitama and a little bit of personal bias but I honestly can't think of a reason. I agree for now until someone with a bigger brain gives a reasoning better than what I could come up with.

"Strong," or "Strength," (the term used by Saitama to describe Released Boros) is in this case, an arbitrary term.

In chapter 34, Saitama calls Boros "Strong," after he comments on how Saitama was able to survive his "released power."
Boros has shown to be able to do many things with his released power, not just shoot energy beams.
He can regenerate, use it to cover others to protect them from heat and friction, and he can use it to boost his speed and punching power.

One could argue that Boros can only use his energy to boost himself in MB, and not in his Released state, but we have no way of knowing.
Boros and Saitama's fight prior to this, was completely off-screened, and the last we saw of Boros, he seemed to be powering up, or boosting himself with his released/latent energy, similar to how he did in MB.

What I'm saying, is that the strength that Saitama was reffering to, is Boros' latent energy. We see Boros use his latant energy to do many things, including increasing his speed. It is not limited to shooting beams and regenerating. We see that.

Strength could include speed in this case, as the term isn't limited to AP.

"Strong," or "Strength," (the term used by Saitama to describe Released Boros) is in this case, an arbitrary term.

In chapter 34, Saitama calls Boros "Strong," after he comments on how Saitama was able to survive his "released power."
Boros has shown to be able to do many things with his released power, not just shoot energy beams.
He can regenerate, use it to cover others to protect them from heat and friction, and he can use it to boost his speed and punching power.

One could argue that Boros can only use his energy to boost himself in MB, and not in his Released state, but we have no way of knowing.
Boros and Saitama's fight prior to this, was completely off-screened, and the last we saw of Boros, he seemed to be powering up, or boosting himself with his released/latent energy, similar to how he did in MB.
That still doesn't solve the root of the issue. The issue is that Boros is scaling above Orochi in speed without an actual reason. We don't give definitive stats based on Saitama's actions, moods, and expressions, only possibly higher so we can't use Saitama for that and Boros already has a possibly Higher in the key in question.

How much Boros speed is increased whenever he switches forms or uses energy would still be unknown and we have no reason to scale him above Orochi in speed.

But I do think Boros should be MHS+ though I can't find anyone to scale him to or above MHS+ that won't lead back to this situation unless we just slap on a + to Boros' released form for being a stat increase.

But I do think Boros should be MHS+ though I can't find anyone to scale him to or above MHS+ that won't lead back to this situation unless we just slap on a + to Boros' released form for being a stat increase.
Which is something we can't do, it's arbitrary

So the argument for keeping Boros at MHS+ is because Saitama is calling his "power" strong, power that makes him stronger and faster ? That's a big push, just because the statement was after Boros' power up, it doesn't mean it was for his "energy", Saitama can be talking about his "Strength" after he powered up, while he didn't find the speed something impressive, at least not enough to praise him for it. So I agree with the OP

Which is something we can't do, it's arbitrary

So the argument for keeping Boros at MHS+ is because Saitama is calling his "power" strong, power that makes him stronger and faster ? That's a big push, just because the statement was after Boros' power up, it doesn't mean it was for his "energy", Saitama can be talking about his "Strength" after he powered up, while he didn't find the speed something impressive, at least not enough to praise him for it. So I agree with the OP
Pretty much this

Wait, why are their "Disagree FRA"? Kachon just mentioned Boros' energy increases his speed, not that that should make Boros scale to Orochi's speed.

Saitama calling him strong could be talking about his speed+power, as usually uses his energy for both.
That's already included on Boros profile for the same key and only granted him a possibly higher because we don't know what Saitama was referring to and because it's Saitama.

That's already included on Boros profile for the same key and only granted him a possibly higher because we don't know what Saitama was referring to and because it's Saitama.
Boros has him being superior to Orochi, based off of Saitama calling him strong. Strong is a term that could include speed as well in Boros' case.

You would have to argue why Boros isn't superior to Orochi, as it's already on his page and accepted through many CRTs. You are the one trying to downgrade Boros. Provide reasons as to why his rating needs to be revised.

Boros has him being superior to Orochi, based off of Saitama calling him strong. Strong is a term that could include speed as well in Boros' case.

You would have to argue why Boros isn't superior to Orochi, as it's already on his page and accepted through many CRTs. You are the one trying to downgrade Boros. Provide reasons as to why his rating needs to be revised.
Strong doesn't necessarily mean speed and provide proof that Released Boros speed is faster than Orochi rather than a possibility using Saitama which is already listed on his profile.

If Boros has zero speed feats or justifiable scaling that would allow him to be faster than Orochi, then he shouldn't scale definitively. Nobody is trying to downgrade anything, Boros already has a possibly higher just in case Saitama was including speed when he called him strong.

Strong doesn't necessarily mean speed
I have already said why it does here. You are yet to debunk this reasoning.

provide proof that Released Boros speed is faster than Orochi
I do not need to do that. It is already on his page. It is your job to find out why he is faster, and if the reasoning makes no sense, or if there is none, you need to address your issues, as you are the one trying to downgrade him.

rather than a possibility using Saitama which is already listed on his profile.
?
If Boros has zero speed feats or justifiable scaling that would allow him to be faster than Orochi, then he shouldn't scale definitively.
He should. Boros was considered impressive many times by Saitama, but did not in the slightest to Orochi.

Nobody is trying to downgrade anything, Boros already has a possibly higher just in case Saitama was including speed when he called him strong.
There’s no basis for Boros having superior speed to Orochi, so this claim shouldn’t be on the profile.
Orochi is MHS+. Since on this wiki, Boros is considered superior to Orochi in speed, he is being upgraded. We're just waiting for Staff to unlock his page.

The person who made this thread, and agree with the OP are trying to remove the Orochi part for his speed, which would mean Boros won't have MHS+, so yes, you are trying to downgrade him.

Last edited:
are trying to remove the Orochi part for his speed, which would mean Boros won't have MHS
Uh… no, Boros would remain at MHS because he scales above his armored self, which scales above Melz, who is MHS.

I have already said why it does here. You are yet to debunk this reasoning.
What's there to debunk? You believe Saitama could be referring to speed+strength but that's headcanon just as Saitama could be referring to only strength is headcanon. That is already something factored on the profile already.
I do not need to do that. It is already on his page. It is your job to find out why he is faster, and if the reasoning makes no sense, or if there is none, you need to address your issues, as you are the one trying to downgrade him.
It's not on his profile, that's why this thread was made because there is literally zero justification on Boros profile for scaling to Boros. His profile literally states this:

At least Massively Hypersonic (Superior to Orochi)

Where is the justification?
Boros already has a possibly higher in this key that we are discussing that is there just in case Saitama did view Boros as fast.
He should. Boros was considered impressive many times by Saitama, but did not in the slightest to Orochi.
That's why the possibly higher is already on his profile and nothing definitive.
Orochi is MHS+. Since on this wiki, Boros is considered superior to Orochi in speed, he is being upgraded. We're just waiting for Staff to unlock his page.
Where was this decided? I tried looking for Boros' page history for the thread but couldn't find it.
The person who made this thread, and agree with the OP are trying to remove the Orochi part for his speed, which would mean Boros won't have MHS, so yes, you are trying to downgrade him.
Read Boros' profile for once.

I mean, sure, you can argue that it should be put in all sections, rather than saying that it has no justification when it does.
I mean there is no justification still because there is literally none that explains the reasoning behind it, just add a description to his scaling above Orochi in that section then done.

Now if we get to my opinion then yea, there is no actual justification.

Kachon is right about tbe burden of proof being on our side, regardless the justifications, it's there and passed through CRTs, one could argue that it's based on nothing, but that still needs to be debated. Sometimes errors can go through, but calling them that is always a bet and puts into question the efforts of other members, so let's just debate

However;

We did, and Kachon's reasons were not enough for me and for Dienomite, the point here isn't to prove Saitama's quote being about X or Y (As that is impossible to pinpoint with the current material and forces an unreasonable burden of proof purely based on avoid the downgrade), but putting into question what he meant by calling Boros strong, I believe it is strength alone (Based on the simple fact that it is the quote's face value) and if more agree and staff also support, that will be added. It is, in the end, showing your view of the situation

Using Boros' energy as argument at best grants him a Possibly MHS+ since Saitama also talking about his speed is a mere possibility under the quote's face value

I won't go on a rant about why "Strength" is actually fairly subjective in the Japanese language, but the Saitama fight is quite literally the only thing we have for Boros, so we will have to use it as a basis.

In terms of the overall fight, Boros' combat speed in his release form does better against a more-than-casual Saitama, who called him strong after trading blows with him. I believe it's fair to say "strong" was not referring to a specific stat like power, or physical might, but rather in the context of the fight.
"You're a strong fighter", "You're a strong opponent", etc. Strength as in, your overall values, skill and capabilities. A common usage of the term in Japanese culture.
Meanwhile Orochi... Wasn't anything special to Saitama, and was treated as a joke by him.

I believe that, due to these reasons, at least Boros should be possibly MHS+, or even likely MHS+. I wouldn't oppose him just flat out keeping the rating to be honest.

Sorry, but I will have to disagree with the OP. It would be advantageous, however, if someone provided me the raws for Saitama calling Boros strong, so I can either debunk or reinforce my own point.

Just gonna hop in here to note that Orochi was completely stationary for like, his entire “fight” with Saitama, so I don’t think Saitama actually saw Orochi’s speed.

It’d be pretty weird to say Boros is faster because Saitama regarded him as more impressive if he never actually saw how fast Orochi was.

Just gonna hop in here to note that Orochi was completely stationary for like, his entire “fight” with Saitama, so I don’t think Saitama actually saw Orochi’s speed.

It’d be pretty weird to say Boros is faster because Saitama regarded him as more impressive if he never actually saw how fast Orochi was.
attack speed shouldn't be far behind his combat speed, no?

Back