• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor question regarding the 9-B rating for most of the Fallout profiles.

EmbalmerMaster9000

VS Battles
Retired
Why are most of the profiles of some characters often 9-B?

While it is understandable that they're set to that tier due to the fact that they can survive gunfire, I feel as if most of the profiles that include stronger enemies should be set to 8-C due to them being able to survive laser weaponry that would, otherwise, vaporize normal people.

God-King Superman77 said:
Do you have any evidence?
I do not necessarily know why the Courier/Sole Survivor/Lone Wanderer/few other entities only have the 8-C rating due to their durability descriptions stating "Can withstand far more attacks than normal, including hits that can instantly vaporize ordinary people".

If surviving continued blasts from laser/plasma weaponry scales to the protagonist of each game (Excluding fallout 1-2), then things such as mirelurk queens, sentry bots, deathclaws, several power armor users (Brotherhood of steel members, Enclave soldiers), etc.

The protagonist of each game isn't necessarily exclusive to high durability in comparison to the rest of the verse, if everything else can do severe damage to him despite having 8-C/8-B durability maximum, then alot of other things should be capable of scaling.

EliminatorVenom said:
Afaic, vaporizing people is Large Building level, isn't it?
Apparently, the Fallout profile for the courier/lone wanderer/sole survivor only have 8-C durability, maybe it should be changed, possibly.

@Dark

Hmmm, I thought that the NarutoForums considered vaporizing people LB level.

I guess the system is different around here, or I'm just mistaken.

Well, we cannot launch a massive wiki-wide revision project to find any irregular 9-B characters, but if there are specific instances that you can refer to in which characters withstand attacks that vaporise normal people, we can probably modify these profiles, as long as the calculation for vaporisation can be found and linked to.

Antvasima said:
Well, we cannot launch a massive wiki-wide revision project to find any irregular 9-B characters, but if there are specific instances that you can refer to in which characters withstand attacks that vaporise normal people, we can probably modify these profiles, as long as the calculation for vaporisation can be found and linked to.
I don't mean, like, WIKI-WIDE.

I meant things like change most of the fallout profiles to have 8-C durability and AP due to them being able to survive laser attacks that would normally vaporize people and harming things that would survive them otherwise.

Here's a list of profiles in the FO verse I propose to be changed to 8-C/calc'd.

Ghouls

Deathclaws

Mirelurks

Yao Guai

Swampfolk

Sentry bots

Synths

Roboscorpions

Brotherhood of Steel Soldier

Enclave Soldier

Raiders

Aliens

Dogmeat

I would appreciate if somebody could find the vaporisation calculation.

all fallout lasers are capable of cutting people to bits or turning them to ash. it is a gameplay mechanic that stops it from happening on every shot. there are also laser resistant armors and people(super mutants)

fyi Frank horrigan should be added to the upgrade list. He is consistantly placed above folks like the master chief or basic spacemarines(40k) in debates.

why? he can be argued to master chief and space marine tier... the point was that he has enough feats, skill, strength, and weaponry to take them on, therefor he is on or above their tier.

@RapleSyrup69

This is a discussion thread for an upgrade relating to the Fallout verse only. Don't drag other verses into this please.

Well, burning somebody to ash does not require nearly as much energy as vaporising them, as far as I am aware, but I think that 142 million joules is City Block level according to our Attack Potency chart.

I'm afraid that I do not know of any calculation for this.

@soldier blue, i was simply using them to give perspective on frank horrigan in terms of an upgrade. fallout calcs vary wildly because people try to apply real-world logic to weapons made by people using vacuum tubing... fallout gauss rifles btw are calced beyond mass effect weaponry.

Frank Horrigan should be boosted for the following reasons.

1: He has the strongest plasma cannon in all of fallout.

2: He is an ultra mutant, meaning he got extra super FEV for more strength and durability.

3: He has a special suit of power armor grafted into his skin.

4: He has endless strength enhancing drugs and painkillers pumping through him constantly.

5: He has laughed off plasma and heavy turret fire.

6: He punched through armor to kill someone, and he donkey punched a deathclaw so hard it exploded.(not a perk effect)

Frank should be at least class 10 in lifting considering he has double sized power armor(regular power armor can lift at least 2.5 tons), he is a 12 foot ultra mutant(extra strong and huge), he is strong enough to gib a deathclaw with a punch.

Waaaait, this is a very old thread, but if vaporizing people is Building level, Team Fortress 2 characters should be Building level as well. Perhaps LB, considering how some of the weapons can vaporize multiple people at the same time.

Back