• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor MHA Revision: Scaling Fix

Originally, MHA characters (Bakugou, Mirio, Nejire, Tokoyami, Iida) who downscaled from top tiers downscaled to High Hypersonic since the god tiers’ speed was High Hypersonic+ (Mach 60).

However, since the current top tiers are Massively Hypersonic (Mach 133), I propose that all people who downscale may instead downscale to High Hypersonic+, since it wouldn’t make sense for them to be over 5x slower than then people they scale to.

Therefir noted that Re-Destro could easily blitz a clone of Dabi, which shouldn’t be slower than his true self. So instead, they will be scaling to the full value.

Here will be the new values:

Tokoyami: High Hypersonic+ (Can keep up with Dabi and evade suppressed fire blasts from him)

Re-Destro: High Hypersonic+ (Intercepted Tokoyami’s charge. Can easily blitz a clone of Dabi)

Awakened Shigaraki: High Hypersonic+ (Kept pace with Re-Destro and caught multiple shockwaves from him)

Edgeshot: High Hypersonic+ (Fought on par with Re-Destro and landed multiple hits on him)

Last edited:
You got confused, characters like Mirio and Nejire were baseline High Hypersonic scaling from 30% Deku, who is upscaling to HH from a Mach 21 feat.

We never downscaled any character from the HH+ feat as far as I remember.

@Mazdoesstuff The revision was accepted, so you need to change your CRT to take that into account (and delete those characters who are HH upscaling from H+).

Now these characters would be downscaling to HH instead of HH+.

Last edited:
Hold up, Re-Destro defeated a clone of Dabi with Shigaraki's clone being superior to Dabi's, so they should just scale to the full value.

Dabi is scaling from someone we explicitly make clear is slower than AFO Shigaraki.

I checked the reasoning behind Dabi's scaling, and I don't get why his combat and reaction speed is scaling from Endeavor? It was Dabi who attacked first and then Endeavor reacted and responded with his own attack.

Dabi being on Endeavor's level this early and without Flashfire Fist is creating some problems in scaling, as Re-Destro shouldn't be able to blitz Endeavor who is somewhat comparable to AFO Shigaraki, who should be faster than Awakened Shiggy who in turn is faster than 100% Re-Destro.

@Damage3245 What do you think about this?

That is a good point. I also assumed that Dabi attacked second but you're correct, that's not how it goes.

(We also have Dabi being out-sped by the likes of Aizawa, Vlad King and Gran Torino... Dabi is not one of the fastest characters in the series)

Not that much different considering Dabi only seriously trained with Gigantomachia way after the Heroes Rising movie.

I checked the reasoning behind Dabi's scaling, and I don't get why his combat and reaction speed is scaling from Endeavor? It was Dabi who attacked first and then Endeavor reacted and responded with his own attack.
That is completely my bad, yeah that's pretty obvious in hindsight.

Sorry about that, have no idea how I missed that.

Also Dabi training after Heroes Rising was never stated in universe. Heroes Rising takes place after the formation of the Paranormal Liberation Front. They obviously can't show the PLF in the movie so they had the League go back to that old hideout again.

Which means he had already fought Geten when his double confronts Endeavor.

If Dabi’s fire is on par with Endeavor’s in terms of strength, can’t it be assumed that he can propel himself with similar speeds to Endeavor

Would only apply to current Dabi who is using Flashfire Fist to move.

I'm proposing the following: Since Shigaraki was able to take Overhaul by surprise way back during the Yakuza Arc and he has gotten much faster ever since thanks to his training with Machia, we should make him baseline High Hypersonic upscaling from Overhaul's Mach 21.

This would scale to Re-Destro who was outpacing Shiggy before his awakening.

As for Dabi, he should go back to High Hypersonic for keeping up with Shoto and hitting Nejire, and those who scale from him like Tokoyami would be HH, making Geten and Mount Lady High Hypersonic as well.

I don't think he should upscale from Overhaul. Just scale him to Overhaul's Mach 21 and make him Hypersonic+.

Surprising someone - albeit when that person is already preoccupied with his germophobia - isn't enough to upscale him IMO. (He had time to call out for help too)

I didn't meant to say Yakuza Arc Shiggy is HH, but that Awakened Shiggy should be HH for being much faster than version of himself, plus getting even faster after his Awakening.

Also Re-Destro is gonna be HH anyways scaling above Dabi, which Awakened Shiggy would scale from.

Would only apply to current Dabi who is using Flashfire Fist to move.
But Dabi’s normal Blueflame can already clash with Endeavor’s fire, meaning the two are essentially equal in force.

Meaning Dabi should still be capable of firing attacks and propelling himself with the same amount of speed and power as Endeavor

He never moved like Endeavor with his normal flames, what's your point? Power doesn't equal speed.

Not to mention even Shoto in Chapter 244 noticed how Endeavor needed Flashfire to propel himself like that.

He never moved like Endeavor with his normal flames, what's your point?
Nvm 🗿 I’m essentially saying that if power translates to speed, Dabi should still scale to Endeavor since his normal flames can clash with Hellflame

I’m fine with the HH stuff tho

He never moved like Endeavor with his normal flames, what's your point? Power doesn't equal speed.

Not to mention even Shoto in Chapter 244 noticed how Endeavor needed Flashfire to propel himself like that.
Against Tokoyami in Gunga, Dabi propelled himself with flames

You should check chapter 248 in which is explained how you need to condense that power (Flashfire Fist) to move like Endeavor, raw power alone is not enough.

Alright I’m fine with the High Hypersonic changes then

Dabi and Todoroki should both get the straight up High Hypersonic though and not just reactions and combat speed, since they both propel themselves with fire

Similarly to how Endeavor has the straight up rating

Also, not related to the speed discussion but should Endeavor get a “higher with Prominence Burn”? While Endeavor’s normal flames clashed with Dabi’s Blueflame, Endeavor’s Promonence. Burn completely devoured Dabi’s fire

Also, not related to the speed discussion but should Endeavor get a “higher with Prominence Burn”? While Endeavor’s normal flames clashed with Dabi’s Blueflame, Endeavor’s Promonence. Burn completely devoured Dabi’s fire
Was thinking about that, but the "with Hellflame" already covers every super move he has including Prominence Burn.

I wouldn't be against adding that though.
I can apply the changes if they’re agreed upon
I'm still curious about Damage and TheRusty's opinion on my proposal, I think it makes the most sense for these characters to be on baseline HH or 30% Deku's level, since everyone can keep up with each other according to Hori (regardless if they are fighting a character with Prime AM speed, but this is a problem of plot rather than scaling).

@Kingofwolves999 @Insert_creative_name_here_12 @SuperStar What do you think?

Alright I’m fine with the High Hypersonic changes then

Dabi and Todoroki should both get the straight up High Hypersonic though and not just reactions and combat speed, since they both propel themselves with fire

Similarly to how Endeavor has the straight up rating
Thoughts on this?

Awakened Shigaraki and Re-Destro being High Hypersonic is fine I guess.

I'm alright with going back to the High Hypersonic rating for Shoto and Nejire.

But I'm not certain of Geten's scaling, since HHS Dabi is from months after their battle.

Look I really doubt there is much difference between Dabi from the first war and final war, which means he'll go back to HHS+ in the future CRT. Since he can react to his own Flashfire Fist and isn't blitz when he propels himself. That is just going to create the same issue brought up again with Re-Destro and Shigaraki.

I'm also not okay with us assuming Dabi trained really hard before the second war and became vastly faster. Especially when the gap between his fight with Geten and the first war is greater than the gap between the first war and the final war. Best to just say Dabi from back then is just Hypersonic or Unknown.

Which means Geten would scale to whatever. Also don't think Tokoyami should be scaling to Dabi, who stated he was holding back against him. Dabi never got a chance to attack him for real since Geten interrupted him before he could fire.

He dodged Dark Shadow's attack as well.

Last edited:
Doesnt HHS Dabi just come from post Gigantomachia training? We can’t tell that Dabi got faster between MVA and the first war
Do you not understand the issue?

Re-Destro is a lot faster than Dabi. Both Mr. Compress and Dabi couldn't tell what he did when he took out Twice's double. Shigaraki can keep up with Re-Destro.

Dabi being HHS+ via scaling to Endeavor means that Re-Destro could do the same to Endeavor. Which means he's faster than Incomplete Shigaraki as Endeavor can see Shigaraki move and keep up with him despite being slower. Which means Awakened Shigaraki > Incomplete Shigaraki.

Which is very clearly wrong. Once again, the gap between the MVA arc and the first war is GREATER than the gap between the first war and the final war. Why do we assume he got faster in the gap between the first war and second war, but can't say he got faster during the gap between MVA and the first war?

The problem is that Dabi can't be as fast as he is during the war. Or else Shigaraki got slower after his surgery.

I know Dabi isn't becoming HHS+ in this thread, but I don't see any reason to just ignore that issue right now.

Last edited:
I disagree with Tokoyami’s scaling, as we know, Dabi held back his blasts and was only going to hit him for real right before Geten interrupted.

As for the Dabi speed problem, idk, this is more of a plot loophole than it is a scaling issue. Twice clones are the same as the originals minus their endurance/can’t take as many hits. So Re Desrro blitzing Clone Dabi but not Shigaraki is just a flat out inconsistency, considering Dabi can keep up with Endeavor and Shoto.

Only way this makes sense is that either Dabi got faster or he was off guard from Re Destro’s attack.

Theres another issue too though, which I think lends credence to my second point; Shigaraki’s clone tanked a hit that killed Dabi’s clone, but he still got hit. Meaning in that instant, Re Destro blitzed Clone Shigaraki as well, but just didn’t hit him near hard enough to break a bone. And then Clone Shigaraki begins fighting Re Destro and dodging his attacks, clearly comparable to him now despite literally just getting hit.

So I think the best thing to do with the Re Destro scene is assume they were off guard from how fast he swung and thus got hit, rather than Re Destro is so much faster than Dabi that he could blitz him. That keeps the scaling in check I feel.

The swipe was pretty instant as well, since none of them knew Re Destro could inflate his arms. They had panels of being shocked and then were just swatted, so it seems they just didn’t expect what happened and he swung suddenly and fast enough to hit them before they could react.

That’s at least my interpretation.

Back