• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor mario

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get that, but why go through the trouble when it's practically made to be as obvious as possible

Dimentio, upon becoming Super Dimentio, states he's invincible and that cast are incapable of doing anything against him. supported by the added effects to his model, and how nothing harms him in the slightest

when the Pure Hearts are used against him, he states he's no longer invincible, which is indicated by the lack of said effects on his model, and how he can be harmed
This is high durability.

If a single statement that explicitly states that hey invincibility got bypassed I dont see the need to count it as anything but as I mentioned invincibility negation. How else is mario supposed to beat dimentio physically if hes invincible? No need for mental gymnastics, if a single lore statement isnt enough then might as well nuke kratos No Shade To GOW or Kratos at all I absolutely buy his scaling on here

If a single statement that explicitly states that hey invincibility got bypassed I dont see the need to count it as anything but as I mentioned invincibility negation. How else is mario supposed to beat dimentio physically if hes invincible? No need for mental gymnastics, if a single lore statement isnt enough then might as well nuke kratos No Shade To GOW or Kratos at all I absolutely buy his scaling on here
Just being stated to be “invincible” isn’t Invulnerability as this site defines it.

oi, I said this about 3 times now

statements aren't the only piece of evidence shown, gameplay supports it along with visual contrasts

it's definitely enough if ya stopped ignoring all the other pieces of info I brought:

the visual effects on his model got a stark contrast from before the Pure Hearts remove his invincibility,
You are the one ignoring the rules. If I took a punch from someone IRL and took 0 damage, the standard assumption isn't that I had magical hax that magically reduced the force of the punch to 0, the assumption is just that I am much too durable for them. Same goes for all in game attacks.

We had countless discussions about what Invulnerability is, check here, here, here, here, here, and here.

The Chaos Heart is a physical amp that raises durability until it reaches AP and his ability to destroy/devourer the multiverse and recreate it; it's not invulnerability hax. We'd have a lot more Glass cannons with invulnerability hax by what you're proposing.

high durability shouldn't allow Super Dimentio to be completely unphased by Bowser's fire breath

the guy makes it clear when he's invincible, and when he's not invincible, as intended by the developers of the game

but despite all that, you'd still regard it as just "high durability"?

Also, considering Fire is NOT hax nor does it grant durability negation, raw durability is more than enough to tank fire breaths; it only pierces defense because game mechanics. A 2-B character would be immune to a 3-C character's fire breath and they don't need invulnerability hax to do that. And again, "Invincible" is a statement prone to NLF and even if taken seriously, it just means second to none and cannot be conquered. Pure Hearts are just amping the AP of the party to match the Chaos Heart, nothing more.

You are the one ignoring the rules. If I took a punch from someone IRL and took 0 damage, the standard assumption isn't that I had magical hax that magically reduced the force of the punch to 0, the assumption is just that I am much too durable for them. Same goes for all in game attacks.

you mean the bullshit rules that make it nigh-impossible for some characters to have this particular ability listed, despite the very clear intentions from the literal developers of the game?

We had countless discussions about what Invulnerability is, check here, here, here, here, here, and here.

The Chaos Heart is a physical amp that raises durability until it reaches AP and his ability to destroy/devourer the multiverse and recreate it; it's not invulnerability hax. We'd have a lot more Glass cannons with invulnerability hax by what you're proposing.

Also, considering Fire is NOT hax nor does it grant durability negation, raw durability is more than enough to tank fire breaths; it only pierces defense because game mechanics. A 2-B character would be immune to a 3-C character's fire breath and they don't need invulnerability hax to do that. And again, "Invincible" is a statement prone to NLF and even if taken seriously, it just means second to none and cannot be conquered. Pure Hearts are just amping the AP of the party to match the Chaos Heart, nothing more.

ain't arguin against all that, nor am I about to deal with a possible 3-on-1

if ya don't wanna listen to reason, then so be it

I give up

Last edited:
My mistake. Any idea about the other statuses against "Invincible" Super Dimentio?
Actually, no I'm wrong I went ahead and tested. The effects only work after the Pure Hearts cutscenes. Wtf.

Testing out on Bleck / Super Dimentio after he gets his barrier hit by the Pure Hearts surrounding him; Fleep still doesn't even work on either of them.

Bleck / Super Dimentio can be affected by the Stop Watch and Snow Bunnies (and perma stunned) post cutscenes. Sleepy Sheep doesn't work on Super Dimentio at all even though the effect can go off while he's vincible but Bleck can be put to sleep for a little only post cutscene. They should get stuff like that added on to their resistances on their pages since they full on resist it beforehand. Maybe a third key could be made? I can get the gifs to back this up too.

Also Bleck can break out of ice, assuming that's a Lifting Strength feat since scaling him to Mario is still weird; Super Dimentio has a reasoning since its literally part Luigi but he can break out of a huge ice block that encases him too.

Last edited:
We should give Bleck and Super Dimentio resistances to whatever status effects they resist. I think with his forcefield, he should get resistance to everything in the 4 heroes' arsenal except for the Pure Hearts' power null of course

DDM and Mav are right here. AStrangeverse, I don't know why you're becoming so hostile. No one is obligated to agree with you, even if you whole-heartedly believe you're correct. Tone it down.

hold it right there

I ain't bein aggressive, or at least tryna be, but havin valid points be disregarded cuz of some wack-ass standards y'all abide by is pretty disheartening for people like me that try to better a verse/profile

if how I type is such an issue cuz of how blunt I can be, then that's just how it'll be with me, I ain't gon apologize

Instead of being a huge baby about it why not just try to revise Invulnerability to make its standards less strict?

my guy, are ya really resorting to name-calling cuz I'm speaking my mind? that's pretty ******, especially when I haven't done same

be better man, you're an admin for god's sake

I'd also love to revise that page, along with the other unfair shit that's been left on here by yall, but I ain't got the brain for that

so I'm workin with it

my guy, are ya really resorting to name-calling cuz I'm speaking my mind? that's pretty *****, especially when I haven't done same

be better man, you're an admin for god's sake
Not calling you a baby, “being a baby” is an expression for “acting immature”.

And yeah I’m not really sorry for saying so given your conduct here.
I'd also love to revise that page, along with the other unfair shit that's been left on here by yall, but I ain't got the brain for that

so I'm workin with it
Alright then.

Closing shop since this is rejected.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back