• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Ji Ning CRT: Dao Realm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Planck69

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
So, might as well get this out of the way before I forget. Ji Ning as a Wanxiang Adept has;

However, we get a proper description of the various Daos, the Heavenly Daos in particular and nature;

In the past, Ji Ning always believed the Heavenly Daos to be the rules by which the Three Realms operated. To surpass the Heavenly Daos would therefore mean breaking through of the control and functioning of the Three Realms!

But now, upon making the actual breakthrough and fully comprehending the [Five Treasures], Ning truly understand what it really meant to surpass the limits of the Heavenly Daos.

The Heavenly Daos…

They weren’t just the Heavenly Daos of the Three Realms. They were the Heavenly Daos that existed in all places!

The Pangu Chaosworld and the Seamless Chaosworld all had Heavenly Daos that belonged to them. Every single chaosworld had Heavenly Daos that differed from each other! Even within the endless primordial chaos itself, the Heavenly Dao of Primordial Chaos was omnipresent, including places such as Undermoon Lake, Prisonworld 17, or the Void.

An invisible layer of laws permeated and covered the primordial chaos and everything within it.

These laws laid out many restrictions; for example, the fastest speed possible was the speed of light! Time could only go forward, not backwards! The so-called ‘temporal inveresion’ spell was nothing more than a way to view the past; it didn’t actually cause time itself to reverse! There were also restrictions on how powerful thunder, fire, wind, water, and other things could be.

These were laws. They were shackles that had been placed on every single creature and being. It was thanks to these shackles that the various chaosworlds could function in a stable, coherent manner. Without them, the likes of the Pangu Chaosworld and the Seamless Chaosworld may well have exploded and been destroyed long before colliding into each other.

But of course…

There were countless living creatures in the universe, and some of the most dazzling figures were capable of shattering these shackles and reaching a higher level.

- Desolate Era, Book 20, Ch.31

In short, he should have Law Manipulation for his Dao Realms instead. Fits as well, with him controlling the section of the world around him and Daos being the "governing principles" of reality.

Agree: 3 (Damage3245, Rikimarox2, Zaratthustra)

Disagree:

Neutral:

Last edited:
Damn, I just glad you made the Ji Ning profile so I didn't have to go through the rest of the books and gather the references for him, haha.

But yes, I agree with this.

EDIT: There's two other Desolate Era profiles up on the wiki. I'll add them to the verse page now.

But we should probably re-format their abilities so they're like Ji Ning's profile.

Ah what? So we're just replacing the concept stuff with law manip? That honestly seems weird, as the last time I read the series, the daos fit the criteria for concept manip pretty well.

But oh well, if it isn't enough, I agree with the changes.

Damn, I just glad you made the Ji Ning profile so I didn't have to go through the rest of the books and gather the references for him, haha.

But yes, I agree with this.
Ah yes, rejoicing in my toil sniff.
EDIT: There's two other Desolate Era profiles up on the wiki. I'll add them to the verse page now.

But we should probably re-format their abilities so they're like Ji Ning's profile.
Yeah. Also, Ironwood Zhan should probably downscale from the 6-C to High 6-C tiering. I think the other one was early Xiantian or so, which would make it 7-A.

Ah what? So we're just replacing the concept stuff with law manip? That honestly seems weird, as the last time I read the series, the daos fit the criteria for concept manip pretty well.

But oh well, if it isn't enough, I agree with the changes.
Well, we'll see what others think. I'm not too knowledgeable on when something can be both.

Ji Ning needs Accelerated Development for sure with how many genius statements he has.

Also Self-Destruction, like the other Zifu Disciples.

Oh yeah, he probably does. Would be a bit of a bitch to gather quotes for, since a lot of it is context sensitive. Maybe find some random feat of breaking through during a fight?

It's not that i disagree but i think both concept and law hax should be valid, but in different ways.

Like, i think Daos themselves are concepts and what they and others do with them is law hax.

Technically, the ability can have both conceptual manipulation and law manipulation. If the Dao is integral to existence to the point that most without resistance/all can't exist without it, I could see it still having conceptual manipulation.
Edit: though, if the majority view is to change the ability to law manipulation, I won't oppose it.

“Although I managed to survive, I was perpetually trapped inside of the Heavenly Daos, becoming part of them. Even I myself thought that I would forever be a part of the Heavenly Daos, and that I would perish with the Three Realms when it eventually perished, as all chaosworlds do. But I wasn’t willing to accept that…and so all this time I’ve been searching for a chance to escape the Heavenly Daos.”

Lord Demonheart once more turned his gaze towards the Nuwa Alliance. “The Heavenly Daos that apply to the Three Realms were formed from multiple Daos, including metal, wood, water, fire, earth, Yin, Yang, life, destruction, chaos, the sword, the Taiji, infinity, thunder, demonheart, and more. These countless Daos joined together to form the complete set of functioning Heavenly Daos.”

“Later…I realized that the Heavenly Daos weren’t always completely stable.”

“For example, when many worlds began to clear their forests, the causing the amount of wood in the Three Realms to slowly lessen, the Heavenly Dao of Wood would slowly begin to weaken as well.” Lord Demonheart smiled.

Upon hearing this, the distant Ji Ning was surprised.

Right.

The records which World God Northrest had transmitted to Ning had made it clear to him that there were differences amongst chaosworlds. In some chaosworlds, for example, there was an enormous amount of fire; those places were known as ‘flame chaosworlds’. The most powerful Dao in a flame chaosworld would be the Heavenly Dao of Fire, and in that chaosworld it was entirely possible that it would be nearly as complete as the Heavenly Dao of Primordial Chaos.

The Dao of the Sword also had at least six levels and was thus also comparable to the Heavenly Dao of Primordial Chaos.

Both the Dao of Wood and the Dao of Fire could also be continuously developed to the point where it would be a match for the Heavenly Dao of Primordial Chaos.
~ Desolate Era, Volume 23, Ch. 21

So, it seems as though the Daos of Chaosworlds act in a manner akin to Universal Dependent concepts as well. I think that would be good for letting it be both. What do you guys think?

@Elizhaa @Rikimarox2 @XDragnoir @Zaratthustra

I agree.

It's been a long time since I read it but IIRC it was Primordial Chaos Dao that precedes Heavenly Daos > Heavenly Daos > Grand Daos > Normal/lesser daos.

Alright then. I'll close this. Feel free to hit me up if I missed anything in the first 12 books.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back