• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some Missing Intelligence - RWBY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn’t really planning on making another thread so soon, but I was just looking over some profiles and noticed that Ambrosius doesn't have an intelligence rating, which is kind of weird since he is the spirit of creation.

So reading the page for intelligence, I believe that Extraordinary Genius would fit him. As it states: Individuals whose knowledge spreads over multiple fields of science and who vastly surpass the real world's upper human limits. At this level, many are capable of creating extremely advanced futuristic technology.

Ambrosius clearly has knowledge over multiple fields as his creations are vastly different, with one involving something like creating life and another a pocket dimension. Speaking of these two, they clearly surpass the limits of humans and are extremely advanced, as no one in RWBY is capable of creating a new body and moving a soul into it or a pocket dimension that connects to different locations. Though the Vaults do exist, there's still no confirmation on who made them. (Even though all signs point to Ozpin) Basically, he is capable of creating anything so long as one can explain it or show blueprints, which I feel should count.

Another one I want to look at is Salem and Ozpin. I made a thread on them some months ago which had them upgraded to Gifted. But looking back, I feel like the info on their profiles should at least warrant Genius. Per the page, Genius are Individuals with an exceptional capacity for knowledge and intelligence, usually in one area of varying depth. This fits Salem to a tee. Although she has accumulated knowledge on the history of human history and Dust in her thousands of years, most of her knowledge is focused on the Grimm. In RWBY, most people don't know how they work, with the most being that they grow smarter overtime and are attracted to negative emotions. Salem on the other hand, has learned about their biology to not only alter them, as seen with the winged Beringels, but can graft them to humans, which she did to Cinder by giving her one to replace her missing arm.

Furthermore, she is able to use that knowledge she acquired to create entirely new Grimm. For example, the Beetle, which she crafted to siphon the Maiden powers. And we know this is not a natural Grimm made by the Pools because when Ozpin and his group showed Amber to Pyrrha in Volume 3, they explained how this was the first time a Maiden had their powers stolen. Another one she created was Monstra, her mobile fortress. Again, something that large and crafted to not only have a throne room, but individual rooms to sleep is not something that was made naturally by the Pools. Finally, we have The Hound, which we find out in Volume 8 is the fusion of a Faunus and Grimm. Of course, Salem merely calls it an experiment, so it's probably a prototype. But the fact that she was able to fuse a living being with Grimm shows how far she's pushed the limit and how much knowledge she has on them compared to others.

As for Ozpin, this is a bit harder, as he doesn't really focus on one area in depth. However, not only is he too thousands of years, but he has consistently kept Salem at bay and her from acquiring the Relics in all that time. In fact, it was only by Volume 8 that she managed to acquire at least one. Not only that, but since he merges his soul with others, it has given him different viewpoints and expertise. For example, in one life we see him creating The Long Memory, which can store kinetic energy and be released as magical power. In another life, he was the one who got Atlas in the air, as stated by Ironwood in Volume 7. Since we know Ambrosius can only create something if you show him a blueprint or explain it to him, that means that Oz had to have the knowledge on how to do so. Finally, we have his life as the King of Vale. This is less of technology-based intelligence and more combat base. It was him personally that ended the Great War in Vacuo and was so through that everyone expected him to rule the world, though he denied and instead founded the Huntsmen Academies. All this I believe should warrant a Genius rating.

Of course, if Ozpin gets it then this also affects Oscar. Although he is merged with him, I believe he shouldn't get it, at least not until the merge is complete. Because while he can access Oz's memories, they're still for now separate from him. However, if people think otherwise, I'm open to it.

Last edited:
Alright. With two staff agreements and given the ok, I went ahead and applied the changes, so this can be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back