• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Ego Abilites Addition

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Retired
So turns out that when i remade Ego the Living Planet's profile, i missed a few resistances that he should have as well as some minor abilities as per having fought Galactus (Marvel Comics) numerous times. Those would be:

Non-Physical Interaction (Able to physically interact with Galactus, who is naturally intangible)

Resistance to Reality Warping, Spatial Manipulation, and Time Manipulation (Unaffected by fighting Galactus' whose presence warps reality and bends and reshapes the fabric of space-time around him)

Did you ask Ant and Matt about this?

@Weekly Alright.

Also unrelated but did you get my other message ovo

My apologies, but I do not think that this should be added.

Lots of characters regularly interact with Galactus. He is not generally defined as being physically abstract and intangible, and the only story that treated him as naturally distorting reality was the out of continuity "Spider-Man and the Secret Wars".

Galactus is sometimes treated as purely physical, and sometimes as both physical and abstract at the same time. He doesn't really make sense in that regard.

Also, he can warp reality, but he does not do so automatically in the vast majority of his stories.

Fair enough, but shouldnt the stuff like his mere presence passively doing so and his body not being made of matter or anything tangible be removed?

Well, those are true, they're just rarely applied because comic writers almost never pay attention to all the esoteric abilities other writers have given the characters. Imo, they should be on Galactus' profile, but they're not safe to use for scaling other characters. Unless they were shown in actual interactions between said characters and Galactus.

Again, the "Spider-Man and the Secret Wars" story is not a part of regular continuity. We even mention it as one of our Discussion Rules. As such, Galactus passively warping reality should be removed from his profile, yes.

His body can consistently be touched by regular characters, yes. An immaterial nature should not be mentioned either.

Back