• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Base Deku Change [My Hero Academia]

Damage3245

He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
For the Joint Training Arc key of Deku's profile, there is something wrong with the justification of his Attack Potency:

At least Building level, possibly Large Building level (Has been training for almost an entire year, making him far stronger than he was before. It was stated that Phantom Thief's limbs would have exploded if he had managed to use the full power of One For All, while Deku is able to wield it without getting his arms blown off. Phantom Thief is several times weaker than Deku's 8%)

Being able to having his arms withstand this amount of power is a durability feat, not an Attack Potency or Striking Strength feat. This justification should be moved to that section and something else should be found to justify his AP ratings, or his AP ratings should be updated.

Also, this statement should be posted if anyone can remember where exactly it comes from.

I can agree to this, that's more durability than AP.

He should just be comparable to Shinso or Ochako for saving her from his Binding Cloth.

is he still gonna be building likely large building now?
Possibly. That remains to be seen.

I can agree to this, that's more durability than AP.

He should just be comparable to Shinso or Ochako for saving her from his Binding Cloth.
I'm not sure how catching an attack that Ochaco didn't interact with means that Izuku scales to Ochaco in AP.

Also, I have reservations about treating an attack with the binding cloth to be exactly equal to an attack with the binding cloth + a huge pipe attached to it.

To be able to withstand One For All without having your limbs explode the user must train the entire body, it's not just about training your durability, but also the physical strength of the individual.

Deku has a higher amount of training and better physicality than Monoma, enough to withstand the power of the One For All at 100% without his arms exploding, and having a more trained body would make him scale above Monoma.

To be able to withstand One For All without having your limbs explode the user must train the entire body, it's not just about training your durability, but also the physical strength of the individual.

Deku has a higher amount of training and better physicality than Monoma, enough to withstand the power of the One For All at 100% without his arms exploding, and having a more trained body would make him scale above Monoma.
The wording in the justification is worded as a durability justification.

Either way it needs to be moved. Not having your arms explode is not a striking strength feat.

Can you provide any scans of it having to do with how hard you can punch is what detirmines if you don't explode?

But it proves that Deku's body is more trained than Monoma's, wouldn't that make him stronger by default? We can change the wording or add something else to make it clearer.

But it proves that Deku's body is more trained than Monoma's, wouldn't that make him stronger by default? We can change the wording or add something else to make it clearer.
It proves his body is more durable but we can't get a person's striking strength just from their durability alone.

All Might said nothing about durability when he mentioned that Deku's weak body would explode if he used One For All, he said his body lacked training, which involves more in the increase of physical strength.

Besides, doesn't this mean that Deku from the first saga already had a better and more trained body than the Monoma from the Joint Training Arc Monoma?

All Might said nothing about durability when he mentioned that Deku's weak body would explode if he used One For All, he said his body lacked training, which involves more physical strength.

Besides, doesn't this mean that Deku from the first saga already had a better and more trained body than the Monoma from the Joint Training Arc Monoma?
That makes the whole justification a bit suspect though.

Since we never actually saw what would really happened if Momoma got One For All at full power, we cannot say with certainty that he definitely would explode. Or if the explosions were more metaphorical anyway and it really meant he'd just be badly injured.

Well, it was Deku himself who stated that, he knows his power and most likely knows Monoma's strength based on the slap he received and how easy it was for Uraraka to restrain him, and even without that I don't think there is a reason to doubt Deku's words.

He also hurt his arm in his base state with a kick, to try to stop his Blackwhip from going rampage, so at the very least he believes to be strong enough to hurt himself.

Well, it was Deku himself who stated that, he knows his power and most likely knows Monoma's strength based on the slap he received and how easy it was for Uraraka to restrain him, and even without that I don't think there is a reason to doubt Deku's words.

Can you post the statement?

He also hurt his arm in his base state with a kick, to try to stop his Blackwhip from going rampage, so at the very least he believes to be strong enough to hurt himself.

I see him trying to stop Blackwhip going out of control, but hard to really tell if he is actually hurting himself there.

The anime clip makes that a bit weirder because he's flashing back to All Might's own explanation of what would happen to Izuku with full power.

Deku can't possibly be implying that Monoma is weaker than Deku pre-beach cleaning / training.

I think that it's likely what would happened is Momoma would have broken his limbs if he used full power, just like how Deku breaks his limbs almost every time he uses full power up to that point. The official translation also says he would be saying "bye-bye to his limbs" which is a bit more vague.

As far as I can tell either the bit about his limbs blowing off is some kind of mistake, or Momoma should not be scaling to Deku in any way if we're supposed to believe he is being compared to Deku pre-training.

It's not some mistake, I went and found the raw scans of the panel in question, and Deku does indeed says Monoma would have exploded.

The anime version just re used the same animation for when All Might warned Deku, but since it doesn't appear in the manga, there's no much it can be done about it.

It's not some mistake, I went and found the raw scans of the panel in question, and Deku does indeed says Monoma would have exploded.

Interesting. But that still raises significant issues here.

If Monoma is truly that weak, then he shouldn't be scaling to Deku at all.

Back