• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Alibaba (Magi) Profile Correction

He doesn't actually have Massively Hypersonic+ Combat Speed only reactions without his Djinn equip after the timeskip. Only his thought process is sped up his basic body still functions the same, so it should only be around Subsonic combat speed (moves faster than the guards can react).

Also in base he is barely able to fend of Morgianna (Same with Sinbad vs Masrur in the prequel). He can't actually fight against her and she was slightly holding back (he barely blocked a single attack not multiple quick ones), it should definitely be reactions only in base. This scales to most of the other characters in base forms including the magicians who can track the fanalis but can't actually fight physically against them at all.

I don't think anyone else is going to comment on this thread since apart from me nobody here really cares for magiverse, when I get some free time I will apply the changes.

Are you sure about this? Are there any feats that would corroborate Alibaba'so thought speed into combat speed.

Only his mind was explicitly stated to be sped up and afterwards he didn't get into any battles with any major characters. No fanalis or djinn users or magicians only barely peak human guards. So there are no feats that would change it to combat speed.

Also, before this neither Sinbad nor he (in their base forms) were capable of fighting a fully serious Fanalis, barely surviving single attacks. They could react to an attack but were incapble of actually keeping up. (The Sinbad example was from the prequel; Sinbad got badly injured by Masrur)

So yeah, we should edit the base human profiles for Magi but the djinn equip speeds are correct (all easily capable of keeping up with Fanalis like Masrur)

That's not a good justification. In addition, thought speed is almost always equal to reactions.

No just saying only his mind was sped up its how it works. His actions are still the same speed he just sees and processes actions faster. And there were no battles against MHS characters to prove otherwise.

Also yes, I thought we were already going to give him MHS reactions just not combat (b/c before the time skip even in base he was capable of reacting to a Fanalis just not "fighting")?

@XING

As far as I can remember, Alibaba has stomped virtually everyone in his path until the final arc after being revived, so I don't think that's a very valid argument.

@Reppuzan

Alibaba did indeed beat a lot of powerful people but not without his djinn equip. We're talking about his base form.

He can't fight as fast as that without it. In base form, neither he nor Sinbad were shown to be capable of actually "fighting" Fanalis, pretty much the fastest non-magoi-enhanced characters. With his djinn equip, however he can stomp pretty much everybody, which is why he's easily MHS+ with it.

Again after the timeskip, it states in the manga that it speeds up his thought process; nowhere does it mention movement speed. He would probably still have MHS reactions but not combat in base.

@XING

If he can keep pace with Morgiana, I still believe it's more than enough of a justification to have his current speeds.

If he can move and dodge attacks with that thought process, then why wouldn't it scale to his movement speed, combat speed, and reactions?

You aren't making sense to me.

@Reppuzan Morgiana was holding back against Alibaba, same with Masrur vs Sinbad.....Post revival Alibaba says it himself that his bady feels really heavy and difficult to move and only his senses are that fast, also stomping some fodders in base is not really impressive.

@Repuuzan

Exactly like Banlk said. He can't keep up with them: he's comepletely overwhelmed, barely surviving the attacks.

Post revival its like the situation with young Sasuke and Lee he can see the attacks but if its too fast he can't keep up with it anyway. It basically makes him untouchable to anyone at the same speed or slightly higher but he'll still be overwhelmed by anyone too fast.

@XING

Scans? You're the ones making the claim, you need to provide physical evidence.

Back