• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Addition to Abilities With Pure Hearts

Should Mario get resistance to Existence Erasure with the Pure Hearts? Not only did one survive (albiet with its energy drained), but with all of the Pure Hearts, Mario travelled to Castle Bleck, which supposedly existed inside the Void (this one's a little iffy compared to the previous one, but I thought it would be something to mention.)

Travelling inside of a void is usually not the same as resisting existence erasure.

Can you elaborate on the first point please?

In Chapter 6 of Super Paper Mario, one of the Pure Hearts is left inside a world that got erased by the void, but upon returning to the nothingness that took the world's place, Mario finds the Pure Heart still intact, albiet drained of its power. Later on, it gets its power restored, as well. If Mario has the Pure Hearts with him, I figure he could survive the same kind of event.

That seems too speculative for my taste though.

They also keep Mario safe during the fight against Super Dimentio, which takes place as he is erasing the multiverse, but I can see why it's a little speculative.

I agree with Ant. It's too speculative with little context behind it. I don't mind the item itself having the ability but I don't think we should consider it for the user.

I suppose so. I'd give them resistance to existence erasure/void manipulation (I'm not sure what would be the proper one to use, now that I think about it), with the qualifier to that being that a single Pure Heart tanked The Void, albiet losing its power from doing so.

EDIT: It should also be noted that the Pure Hearts can be recharged after doing so through a display of love.

Okay. That seems fine. I can temporarily unlock the page if you wish.

Back