• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scaling
Sonic beat Emerl with all 7 Chaos Emeralds just a few fights after Shadow beat him. Emerl gets stronger not only from copying others abilties & absorbing chaos emeralds, but also by training & fighting in general making Sonic's feat more impressive.
Invulnerability
I agree with Superforms having it, but I just disagree with using the bios from SEGA & Sonic Racing. It uses characters outside Game Sonic Characters & has no plot. These were the reasons to why powers from Sonic Forces Speed Battle were denied(& removed in the pages that had them) in this thread. We could replace Sonic's scan with The Sonic Ultimate Character Guide page where it says his superform is invincible.
Speed
The Unleashed clac where Sonic surpasses his LSD should be moved from the Adventure Key to the Modern Key. More evidence for the Modern Key is in Colors DS he is faster & catches up to the LS Cyan Wisp. In a conversation with Omega, an interview Takashi Iizuka & STH Super Interactive Annual 2014 all confirm he supasses the speed of light.(Meh doesn't change much ikr)

Last edited:
1. The Emerl stuff seems fine to me but will wait for more inputs.
2. Really don’t see the need to remove the scan but could still add yours as supporting evidence is always nice.
3. No issues here

I was summoned by a COLORED NAME? Based!

1. We already somewhat reflect this in the profiles, but we can elaborate on it further for better clarification so I agree.

2. The scan is for support. If the game is dubiously canon at best and non-canon at worst but Super Sonic/Shadow is treated and referred to as they've always been, those scans aren't immediately worthless. But you brought additional scans as well, so those should be added regardless of what happens to the ones you brought up. Nice catch.

3. Easy, 100% agreement here for me as well.

Last edited:
NANI!? I forgot I made this, thank y'all!
2. Really don’t see the need to remove the scan but could still add yours as supporting evidence is always nice.
2. The scan is for support. If the game is dubiously canon at best and non-canon at worst but Super Sonic/Shadow is treated and referred to as they've always been, those scans aren't immediately worthless. But you brought additional scans as well, so those should be added regardless of what happens to the ones you brought up. Nice catch.
I mean SEGA & Sonic Racing is a Crossover, which we usually don't use for the mainline version of characters(Wouldn't using these 2 scans for Sonic/Shadow be like using a Super Smash Bros descriptions as extra support for Nintendo Characters?)
Also thanks! Sadly I couldn't read much else from that Guidebook. A shame, there could've been more useful...
1. We already somewhat reflect this in the profiles, but we can elaborate on it further for better clarification so I agree.
Yeah, also I would remove being equal to Shadow for the Battle feat in Sonic's page(or reworded at least). Now i agree in most games the 2 are physically even but in this game Sonic is stronger as he fought an Emerl, who had more moves & is stronger than in the previous fight with Shadow, way easier than Shadow(while using chaos powers)who was starting to gasp after the end of the fight. Shadow fights Emerl to a draw near the end of his story but Emerl admitts he was holding back on Shadow & showed his true power once Sonic teamed up with Shadow.

Also other thing I should've made more clear for the 1st point: Elmer likely has either Reactive Power Level or Accelarete Development for getting EXP Points/growing stronger but not only absorbing Chaos Emeralds but also fighting in general. His growth rate depends on how well he does in battle & he has trained with several characters like Sonic, Tails, Rouge & Cream.

Also other thing I should've made more clear for the 1st point: Elmer likely has either Reactive Power Level or Accelarete Development for getting EXP Points/growing stronger but not only absorbing Chaos Emeralds but also fighting in general. His growth rate depends on how well he does in battle & he has trained with several characters like Sonic, Tails, Rouge & Cream.
I wonder. They are called "skill points" and the cast is relative to each other, with the main thing separating them is skill ex. Amy vs Rouge.

Could Chaos Emeralds increase how skilled you are in a fight?

I wonder. They are called "skill points" and the cast is relative to each other, with the main thing separating them is skill ex. Amy vs Rouge.

Could Chaos Emeralds increase how skilled you are in a fight?
Or could be just the name & they function like powerlevels or sth?

Skill, i dunno? But i know you might possibly recive some kind of boost with them even without superform. 06 guide says the CEs can power Silver's PK(Sth simular happened in a recent Sonic Channel Cover Story. Windii has it already translated in her Pastebin Site). In Mephiles' 1st boss fights he can make random minions(might have the purple emerald or not in this fight). In his last boss fight after getting the yellow emerald, he can fuse with his creations & can create a couple clones of himself. After stealing Shadow's emerald, he creates dozens of copies of himself.

Skill points are just the name of the thing that allows Emerl to use a move, it's not literally skill based and it's most likely a game mechanic

Skill points are just the name of the thing that allows Emerl to use a move, it's not literally skill based and it's most likely a game mechanic
Aren't most moves in Sonic Battle techniques(Skill)-based, and Emerl can't use a copied technique till he has enough skill points?

No, they aren't, Gamma's self destruction costs a shitton of points and it's literally just him blowing up. Skill points are just gameplay mechanics to explain Emerl getting stronger via fighting

Does anybody beside me agree with @Theuser789?
Some suggestions for rewording Sonic+Shadow feats from Batte:
Shadow: Despite being weakened from an injury, managed to fight both Tails & Emerl with 2 Emeralds tho he did start to tire after the fight. The Tails & Emerl, with less power/moves than in the fight with Shadow, beat Rouge. Even with just 1 Emerald, some moves from Sonic, Tails & a few from Shadow, Chaos Gamma; Emerl defeated Knuckles. Just after recovering from his injury, he fought Emerl with all the 7 CEs & moves from every character on the game. Was ready to continue fighting Emerl despite starting to gasp. Fought to a draw a very casual Emerl with more moves/power. While teaming up with Sonic fought full power Emerl.
Sonic: Fought Emerl with all 7 CEs & more moves/power than in his previous fight with Shadow much easier than Shadow did. While teaming up with Shadow fought full power Emerl with more moves/power. Inflicted enough damage to break down Ultimate Emerl who had grown stronger form frighting Chaos, Eggman & absorbing the residual energy of a blast from the Final Egg Blaster.

Thanks! Just making sure you agree with everything or just the points at the start of thread

The staff (Elixir) is asking for a recap of what has been agreed upon before opening the page (I call editing when it’s opened)
Agreed stuff
Making Sonic feats in Battle more specific
Moving a feat from one key to another
More reasonig for him being FTL
Additional reasoning for Super Sonic's Invurnability
Emerl having Reactive Power Level/Accelerated Development(@Theuser789 & maybe @ShakeResounding)
Maybe specifying Shadow feats in Battle(Depending on how interpret @CrimsonStarFallen comment. Was he agreeing with my last comment where i wrote this, the points in the beginning or the thread in general)
Pontential disagreement
Emerl having Reactive Power Level/Accelerated Development(@ElixirBlue)
Revoming invurnability scans from SEGA & Sonic Racing for the same reason we don't use Smash Bros ones for Nintendo characters(@JED & @ShakeResounding)

Agreed stuff
Making Sonic feats in Battle more specific
Moving a feat from one key to another
More reasonig for him being FTL
Additional reasoning for Super Sonic's Invurnability
Emerl having Reactive Power Level/Accelerated Development(@Theuser789 & maybe @ShakeResounding)
Maybe specifying Shadow feats in Battle(Depending on how interpret @CrimsonStarFallen comment. Was he agreeing with my last comment where i wrote this, the points in the beginning or the thread in general)
Pontential disagreement
Emerl having Reactive Power Level/Accelerated Development(@ElixirBlue)
Revoming invurnability scans from SEGA & Sonic Racing for the same reason we don't use Smash Bros ones for Nintendo characters(@JED & @ShakeResounding)
Just need Elixir to sign off and we should be fine

Hey folks, why shouldn't we remove this part "Equal to Shadow, who had given Emerl the seventh and final Chaos Emerald he needed and fought him afterwards." since this "Fought Emerl with all 7 Chaos Emeralds & more moves/power than in his previous fight with Shadow much easier than Shadow did. While teaming up with Shadow fought full power Emerl with more moves/power. Ultimately inflicted enough damage to break down Ultimate Emerl who had grown stronger form fighting Chaos, Eggman & absorbing the residual energy of a blast from the Final Egg Blaster, had the energy of all seven Chaos Emeralds, who had grown in strength with each one and should be capable of harnessing this level of energy."? Maybe make a slight correction too: He had the power of the 7 emeralds before becoming Ultimate Emerl so he shouldn't he be compared to the Eclipse Cannon before his final transformation rather than after it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back