• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minecraft wither explosion calc

Hey so I have calced the wither explosion for the minecraft revisions. Simply i created a miners dream world and tunneled underground,spawned the wither and counted how many blocks were gone,+11 blocks because me and the wither took up that much space. I got 67 blocks of stone pulverized. If you are curious count for yourself. I'll post the link of the completed video in the comments because my internet is abysmal and it says it will take an hour to upload. Any ways just convert cubic meters to cubic centimeters 67,000,000 cc× the pulverzation value of stone = 14,338,000,000 joules or 3.4268642447419 tons of tnt. Yeah really underwhelming not even close to city block level. Pretty big downgrades if we dismiss enderdragon feat.

This is probably the best your gonna get two maybe 1 or 2 more blocks I was getting explosions in the 50s before this.

While I ain't exactly a big Minecraft fan (I've played it like once years ago?) I do know how it works. Isn't there other materials? Can it do the same thing to a denser material or is it only stone? If it can you could calc pulverization of that material over stone, implying it still pulverizes it.

Yes it pulverizes practically every single block in the game with exception to command blocks,bedrock, and barrier blocks. This includes iron,obsidan,diamond,grass,sand ect. However stone has the highest pulverzation value thats why I used it for this calc. If you would like to learn more about minecraft expolsions theirs a gamepedia article on it here https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Explosio.

Iron or steel pulv should be higher. Or obsidian. That's all I can really say on that. Diamond is actually quite easy to smash, so that won't yeild anything higher.

Steel pulv is 310-1000jcm3 Iron is 90.

Just for refrence even though iron blocks are called iron, I'll treat it as steel just in case for an additional calc. Iron and stone in game have the same blast resitance value so the same amount of blocks would be destroyed. Source https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Explosio Thus 67,000,000,000 cc x low end of steel pulverzation 310 j/cc =20770000000 joules or 4.9641491395793 tons of tnt. Do the same for the mid end pulverzation value 655 j/cc =43885000000 joules or 10.488766730402 tons of tnt. And high end for steel 1000 j/cc

Code:
67000000000 joules or 16.013384321224 tons of tnt.

If it can pulv steel you can probably use that. Which end? I don't know, I got it off the calculations page. But if he can pulv solid steel blocks then it can be used. That's large building to low end city block though. It's a bit better than stone pulv regardless.

Back