• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minecraft vs Terraria, Big Baddies edition

This time, it's the final bosses. (At least the final boss of Terraria's Pre-Hardmode)

High 8-C, speed is equalized.

Wall of Flesh is 7.09 tons and Ender Dragon is 5.98.

Wall of Flesh: 3 (Necromercer, Overlord775, Niccokirby)

Ender Drago: 2 (DeathstoketheHedgehog, Keeweed)

Inconclusive:

CBACDD65-C267-4666-B90D-BADB852D9230
E67DC956-BF2C-4715-B49F-93A9C4EB8D87

Ender Dragon uses his acid manip and healing towers to beat him. Plus he can fly and if the Wall of Flesh keeps following him, he'll fall into the void.

i feel it should be noted that the wall of flesh has a slight AP and dura advantage, is mostly intangible, and has licking and trapping that might help.

Hmm, maybe I should remove the battle place, since in their respective habitats they're really potent and it can make a huge difference

yeah, in a neutral field, I would give the win to the WOF 9/10. Why AP, Dura, and being able to grab ahold of the dragon with the hungry. And if I remember correctly, WOF shoots lasers, right? if so, Dragon goes bye bye.

Vote WOF.

first, the Ender Dragon has to stand still to do the projectile reflection thing.

also that only work on like arrows, while lasers aren't even made of physical stuff.

Given that the wall of flesh can actually move up and down and shoot lasers that aren't effected by gravity, it can destroy the healing crystals pretty easily.

im fairly certain the wall of flesh doesn't move up and down of its own volition but instead moves of a conveyor belt of sorts, so if the conveyor belt goes up it goes up, if the belt goes down it goes down. the wall doesn't decide when it goes up and down thats up to pure rng. (i dont think its an actual conveyor belt that was just the best way i could think of to explain it, in reality im pretty sure its a special type of block found at the bottom of the terrarian world.)

actually, the wall of flesh goes up and down depending on where the player is, with the central mouth always tryight to be on the same X axis as him.

BTW, there's more than 2 eyes shooting lasers, he has 10, 2 per row, 5 rows

Wall of flesh

Overlord775 said:
actually, the wall of flesh goes up and down depending on where the player is, with the central mouth always tryight to be on the same X axis as him.

bull and shit. i fought the wall of flesh and that is not even close to true.

BTW, there's more than 2 eyes shooting lasers, he has 10, 2 per row, 5 rows

this, i dont know about, but may i ask where you got this information?

Does the Ender Dragon have the healing crystals in this fight? The Wall of Flesh probably wouldn't be able to shoot them because he can't shoot behind himself so if he passes one he'll no longer be able to shoot it. It'll become an endurance race between the Ender Dragon's regen and the Wall of Flesh eventually using Lick and instant killing the Dragon.

I would vote the Ender Dragon since outside of hell we have no clue how long it would take the Wall of Flesh to use lick; but I'm planing on downgrading all of Terraria soon. I may do it this week or I may wait to see what the new Terraria bestiary adds (most likely going to try to do it this week though).

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
Terraria is getting a big update soon
I know. But considering the bestiary descriptions I've seen so far; the update most likely won't change much.

@Bob

"The Wall of Flesh attempts to cover the entire open cavern space of The Underworld by moving its eyes up and down; it orients by existence/absence of solid blocks and liquids 4―5 tiles above and beneath the eyes. Furthermore, it is programmed not to move through Ash Blocks. "

-Terraria wiki

well, close enought

also Launch Trailer

Another thing, the ender crystals have limited range and are stationary, so the Wall of Flesh can force the Ender Dragon out of their range by moving far enought away and using his tougue to drag the dragon along.

[The battle takes place in central park because of SBA]

Considering how many Ender Crystals there are, and how spread apart they are, it is very likely that the Ender Dragon could just face tank the Wall of Flesh and kill it before it gets to far away from the crystals.

Actually as of recent, the Ender Crystals spawn in a 43 meter circle formation, so the Wall of Flesh doesn't have to go that far

Also to note, there's around a dozen and respawning Hungries in front of the Wall, so if the Ender Dragon foes a frontal rush he would have to deal with them

The Ender Dragons regen is good enough to stop a group of over ten players from doing literally anything to the dragon. So the Hunger don't matter, but if the Ender Crystals are that closely compacted, the Wall of Flash drags the dragon away and shoots it to sh*t. I guess I'll vote the Wall of Flesh for now. Especially since the passive fear manipulation is going to mess with the dragon on top of all the Wall of Flesh's other attacks, but this match is probably going to get nuked as the new Terraria update may upgrade or downgrade the Wall of Flash depending on how it goes.

INB4 the Wall of Flesh becomes Tier 5 via upscaling to planetary feats of the spirits from the bestiary

anyway, i vote WoF too

Haven't chose a side yet (need time to think), but I just want to point out that the official lore by Terraria implies that the Wall of Flesh never held the spirits of light and darkness.

They released themselves because the Wall of Flesh died and they had to search for another special being in Terraria, the Wall of Flesh never contained them.

Screenshot 2020-02-10-07-20-21-1

Now let's see here...

In a neutral battlefield, there would be enough space for the enderdragon to freely move, and she would also lack the ender crystals since that only spawns in the end.

The Wall of Flesh is huge, and targeting the eyes and mouth is an obvious thing to do, even for something with animalistic behavior. Not that this needs to be pointed out, since the Ender Dragon already has non-physical interaction and could very much attack the Wall of Flesh anywhere she wanted to.

Ironically, this intangibility argument was brought up for Wall of Flesh, but no one brought up the Ender Dragon's intangibility either. (But to be fair, I honestly think the Ender Dragon's intangibility is game mechanics so that it doesn't destroy The End while players battle it, so I won't use it as an argument).

Nothing says the Hungry could pull the ender dragon like it can the Terrarian. Just eyeballing the ender dragon puts it at several tons, the Terrarian likely wouldnt weigh any more than 500 lbs, and that's a generous weight by including the equipment.

The difference in AP is only 1.19, so while an advantage, it's not a major advantage for the Wall of Flesh. To give a better idea to think of it, if the Ender Dragon was 100 joules, the WoF would be 119 joules. Not a big difference.

Both characters have equal range opportunities. The lasers are quick, so the Wall of Flesh could easily shoot the dragon in motion, and while the Ender Dragon's acid blasts are relatively slower, the Wall of Flesh is such a huge target that it's damn near impossible for the Ender Dragon to miss.

Honestly I would have said this battle would have likely been inconclusive if it weren't for the fact that the Ender Dragon had acid attacks, which the Wall of Flesh doesn't resist, while also being, well.. a wall of flesh.

So I'll give it to the Ender Dragon for her constantly spamming acid, which should severely weaken the Wall of Flesh very quickly.

Edited over an hour later: this might turn into a full on stomp after I recently posted an upgrade thread for the ender dragon calc .

Overlord775 said:
it was a joke
Yeah, I was aware you were joking because of the "inb4" thing, but I've actually seen people who legitimately think otherwise, so I just wanted to clarify before someone here attempted to do an upgrade revision thread for the WoF.

WoF's body is mostly intangible even for the Terrarian who can damage the eyes and mouth which are also intangible. So ED isn't targetting the whole body easily.

This is a battle of attrition. WoF can very well move ED away from the ECs and use its ranged options (the Hungries fly if their root to the WoF is broken).

Steve can survive the acid despite not having acid resistance, so it shouldn't be a game changer. The Wall of Flesh attack rate becomes ridiculous close to death and since the Dragon doesn't have its crystals (and is terrified due to the Wall of Flesh passive fear hax). The dragon is most likely going to die first.

Also just like how the Dragon's calc got recalculated so did the explosives in Terraria so the Wall of Flesh may become 8-B.

Keeweed said:
Steve can survive the acid despite not having acid resistance, so it shouldn't be a game changer. The Wall of Flesh attack rate becomes ridiculous close to death and since the Dragon doesn't have its crystals (and is terrified due to the Wall of Flesh passive fear hax). The dragon is most likely going to die first.

Also just like how the Dragon's calc got recalculated so did the explosives in Terraria so the Wall of Flesh may become 8-B.
Steve cannot reliably survive the acid. Even in full diamond armor, being in an unlucky position against one acid fireball can kill in less than two seconds. I've fought the ender dragon several times to know that.

And while the WoF attacks fastest near death, it is also attacking fastest near death. The Ender Dragon's acid will rapidly weaken the WoF by then to the point where she would have a severe endurance advantage over the WoF around that time, not to mention that attacking faster wont wear off acid.

Also, though this is off topic, what explosives calc are you talking about? The only one I know with 8-B is the one I posted, and in that calc only the 8-C+ was accepted due to Terraria's tile drop mechanics. Not that the 8-B value would stand up to 8-A+.

Dude, that part was saying that even when Terrarian has NPI, WoF can't be damaged in any other part but his eyes and mouth.

So replace ED with Terrarian and the only available targets are mouth and eyes. The body will be unaffected as the intangibility is one level beyond regular NPI.

The explosives I was referring to was the 8-C calc. It used stone for what was being blown up, but Overlord suggested it should be changed to steel. Personally I think it should probably be iron but it definitely is getting changed to a metal because that's what the explosives natural spawn by and are meant to destroy.

I wasn't saying the 8-B would stand up to the 8-A I was just saying the Wall of Flesh may also get upgraded so this is going to be a mismatch no matter what.

Edit: I've been looking around because it has been a while since I've fought the Ender Dragon, but I can't find a video or any information on the acid killing you in literal seconds. Also you said your self that it only happens in unlucky positions while the Wall of Flesh is constantly moving and majority of its body would be unhitable to the dragon.

When I say unlucky, it's because:

- The player is a small target to hit

- game mechanics allow the player to escape the acid via its knockback

- there's a large area of space to escape from

By limiting the player to a small place to move and where they can't be pushed away by knockback to take the full damage, they don't even last two seconds.

The Wall of Flesh is a towering behemoth where it is nearly impossible for the enderdragon to miss. Not only will knockback game mechanics be nonexistent in this fight, but even if we did take knocback seriously, the wall of Flesh wouldnt be affected due to being unaffected by knockback in its own game, as well as massively dwarfing Steve in weight class.

So the Wall of Flesh would take full damage from this attack and melt like ice-cream in an oven.

[[1]]

I was going to ask a few more questions, but both are being upgraded anyways so I'll just switch my vote to the dragon until this becomes a mismatch.

DeathstroketheHedgehog said:
Also, though this is off topic, what explosives calc are you talking about? The only one I know with 8-B is the one I posted, and in that calc only the 8-C+ was accepted due to Terraria's tile drop mechanics. Not that the 8-B value would stand up to 8-A+.
It's because i've remembered about a block which would give higher results than stone, the martian Cunduit Plating, which shoud at least be as strong as steel or maybe even titanium since it's from a hypertech civilization and even we use said material for spacecrafts irl

Titanium is already in Terraria, we can just use that.

That being said, iirc those things are still under evaluation. I'm keeping a close eye on that page as well since I'd have to re-calc the values with Titanium fragmentation.

Should point out that Overlord already recalculated the explosives while using Titanium and I can get a video of the feat today or tomorrow, so should we just use his recalc or should we wait for you to do it?

"Frag for Titanium is 550 J/cc

948910000*550= 5,219005^10^11 Joules, 8-A"

~Overlords recalculation of the explosives.

The 948910000 comes from the explosions size in your original calc.

Back