• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minecraft Revisions: New Abilities + Keys

Okay. First of all, Joules are not a unit of heat. You cannot convert celsius to joules or vice versa. You can, however, get an energy value required to generate that heat, assuming you have other factors that you can estimate (mass of thing heated, specific heat of the object, and so on). Second of all, we don't know how hot the Nether is, only that it is hot enough to vaporize water (meaning at least 212 F or 100 C, baseline boiling point for water). It is likely far higher than this, if only because it vaporizes said water instantly.

1. Density of impure water varies. Density of this water is probably closer to 987 kg/m^3, as the chance that it is 100% pure is... unlikely.

2. Why such a huge temp change? Baseline would be 100 C, or a heat change of 75 C. However, this calculation would not do it instantly- instead, use our calculation pages detailing values for vaporizing objects (specifically water). It is measured in jouled required per kilogram of water.

1. but the water is likely filtered because water bucket still same even from swamp... (Minecraft logic screwed us, since purest water from cauldro was still... same)

2. online calculator... I only inserted J/Energy, Mass and Substance, and the Change of Temp and Specific Heat Capacity was calculated by online calculator.

3. if anyone answered Nether Heat precisely I give him/her a medal of internet "no scope" recognition.

>just a testing:::

I input: 100 change of temp, 10 000 kg, water at 25, 4181.3J/(kg*K) = 4181300000j

so I thought this:

4181300000 / 2253125000 = 1.85577808599

1.85577808599 x 10 (from 10 000 kg / 10 = 1 000 kg) = 18.5577808599 (maybe Water in Minecraft is est. 18.5x denser or 18.5x super-compress, lol)

1. That means... almost nothing.

2. What

3. What

If you can ask your question in a more clear manner, feel free, but I've understood very little of what you've been trying to say for awhile.

To put it simply, vaporizing water is not a standard temp change calc because it does not instantly boil it. Vaporization values are taken from total energy needed to vaporize it, regardless of time. It is more accurate to use our vaporization values.

David, please stop bothering other members with nonsense questions. Thank you.

>"I asked several times in the past but no one answered" and it's not nonsense for me though

so far @Mr. Bambu already answered it so from today onwards I won't answer the same question again.

>I didn't replied his newer reply

necro cuz I hadn't read the entire thing and it seems dura negation has been finally discussed.

@Mr. Bambu "It is armor that adds to the character's durability." I'm fine with it but I disagree with "It allows the Guardian to damage the being beyond what their AP can normally do versus that durability." are you kidding Steve's AP is [OVERPOWERED] because @Saikou The Lewd King 's conclusion makes more sense: "This is just ignoring a layer of protection. It can't actually be used to negate regular durability, therefore it's not actually durability negation."

>"Durability Negation would be hurting something beyond what your AP can do." and "In particular, enables causing serious damage to a very strong opponent, even in the absence of large attack potency." it's not mutually exclusive thus can be both true depending on dura vs ap.

@Mr. Bambu "Since this armor literally adds to the user's durability, why would this not fall under this description, if only a little bit? "Armor Negation" is just as suitable, we can add that note that it only affects external armor, but that's what this is doing."

>9 damage to an unarmored player and 5 damage to the diamond armored player. Guardian's laser penetrates armor to some extent and intangible but not intangible to extent enough to bypass solid cuz the beam cannot be dodged and has a maximum range of approximately 15 blocks. Once the player is out of range, or if the beam is obstructed by solid blocks, the guardian's beam will disengage from the player, and deal no damage, in other words, Steve could resist it with obstruct it with blocks or reduce the damage with shield, armors and enchantments and Guardian's laser is confirmed to be AIM laser rather than a fired laser. Steve blocked laser with shield how true is this? I tried it myself it damages you depending on difficulty: 2 w/ hard, 1 w/ normal and easy. Also, it reduces the damage with full armor and depending on difficulty:

Full Leather Armor: 8 w/ hard, 5 w/ normal, 3 w/ easy

Full Chainmail Armor: 7 w/ hard, 4 w/ normal, 2 w/ easy

Full Iron Armor: 6 w/ hard, 3 w/ normal, 2 w/ easy

Full Diamond Armor: 5 w/ hard, 2 w/ normal, 1 w/ easy

(I had no time to add w/ Enchantments)

>I could guarantee "It is armor that adds to the character's durability." is canon cuz its distinctive interaction exists in Minecraft, I can argue Blue Ice is denser Ice. There is interaction called "armor toughness" and "armor points" and it seems the upcoming next update to aquatic has something to do with that bypass armor distinctively.

>if you smash the guardian with a splash potion of strength the amount of damage it does with its energy beam will actually increase, this is the only instance in the game in which strength increases the damage done by a non-melee attack it also proves Strength effect affects not only striking strength and sharpness.

Strength effect graphic:

Strength Effect > Sharpness Enchantment > Sharpness > Lifting Strength

(Well that's pretty OVERPOWERED! Did you get the pun, no? it's advancement/achievement lol)

Ever since 1.9 introduces additive Strength Effects instead of multiplicative (+3 and +6 instead of +130% and +260%) primary canon could still be considered a canon cuz "primary canon" potions are made w/o blaze powder and distinct to 1.9 "secondary canon" potions are made off w/ blaze powder.

I spent hours just to clarify it ~humph! :p :c

Back