• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minecraft CRT: Silverfish Abilities

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Okay, so here's the deal. The silverfish's profile doesn't entirely account for what the silverfish is capable of. Here are the abilities the silverfish is missing:

Stealth Mastery: Duh! These guys literally hide in stone blocks, with said stone blocks appearing completely normal until a player breaks it, in which case they would attack the player.
Summoning: When hit, unless they die, silverfish would call out ALL silverfish within a 21×11×21 area (equivalent to a sphere with a 10.5-meter radius). This allows for some swarming behavior. I dunno why the wiki doesn't have Swarming as a Power/Ability, especially seeing as how that's a legit strategy, but still.

As for abilities the Silverfish does NOT have... It's Regeneration. Mid Regeneration is basically for having your head lopped off (though for some reason it doesn't account for vertical dissection). You can't lop the head off ANY Minecraft mob, let alone a Silverfish, so why the heck does it have that? Minecraft is the best-selling game of all time; how the heck did nobody on this site even notice that?

But yeah, there you have it.

Looks fine.
As for abilities the Silverfish does NOT have... It's Regeneration.
I guess this comes from Steve who can "regenerate from several arrows through their skull" though this would be Mid-Low now.

Looks fine.

I guess this comes from Steve who can "regenerate from several arrows through their skull" though this would be Mid-Low now.
That's the issue. I went and checked the articles on regeneration and the arrow from Minecraft and found these.

Horses, donkeys, mules, llamas, allays, and the wither are the only mobs that regenerate health naturally over time.
Arrows can get visually stuck in players in Java Edition, although not any mobs. They appear as regular arrows regardless of type.
So no, you can't turn a silverfish (or any Minecraft mob) into a porcupine and expect to find an ability out of them.

I’ve read this profile dozens of times and never noticed it even had regeneration. It doesn’t even have health gain in the game so it doesn’t matter if the arrows stick in it or not. Definitely nuke regeneration for the silver fish (maybe it used to regain health?)

Though I’ve heard the canon books have plenty of regeneration feats for the player, so someone knowledgeable could have a crack at that to see if the player should stay at mid regeneration or not.

Looks fine.

Wait, regenerating from severe brain damage is only Mid-Low? That's kinda... too low, isn't it?

Yes. I can see it. I'm just asking him why he thinks that level of regeneration would only grant Mid-Low.

Does that really count for stealth? Seems weird if it did, because every insect or thing with small enough size should get stealth mastery

Does that really count for stealth? Seems weird if it did, because every insect or thing with small enough size should get stealth mastery
Thing is, Silverfishes can disguise themselves perfectly inside of stone. Impossible to distinguish between infested stone and normal stone until you actually break them which allows them to ambush you easily. Also, it's in character for them to hide and catch enemies off guard.

Last edited:
why he thinks that level of regeneration would only grant Mid-Low
Misinterpreted your comment, my bad

Well, I can't really say for sure, but looking at the Regeneration page, Mid-Low doesn't seem right
Mid-Low: The ability to heal wounds that would normally leave large scars, such as severe burns or deep injuries. For machines and vehicles, this would be regenerating damage that would normally leave large dents and openings.
Mid: The ability to regenerate from decapitation or severe brain damage. For machines and vehicles, this would be regenerating from the destruction of critical parts, such as the engine.

Removing regeneration and giving summoning is fine, but I don't know about Stealth Mastery, it's pretty much an animal thing, like hiding under a rock, a bush or a log and jump at anyone finding you out of feeling threatened.
Not altering the rock's appearance could even just be a thing that happens, without any effort from the silverfish needed.

Thing is, Silverfishes can disguise themselves perfectly inside of stone. Impossible to distinguish between infested stone and normal stone until you actually break them which allows them to ambush you easily. Also, it's in character for them to hide and catch enemies off guard.
Its not a disguise, they are hidden

Someone might make an argument like: "A worm can hide in dirt without any visible sign to detect them but they don't have stealth mastery". Well...
1. These silverfishes are the size of rabbits.
2. They can hide in cobblestone, untouched underground stone, deepslate, stone bricks, polished stone,... As long as the stone is big enough, they can hide with the only way to detect them being a very specific sound produced by the note block.

Last edited:
Removing regeneration and giving summoning is fine, but I don't know about Stealth Mastery, it's pretty much an animal thing, like hiding under a rock, a bush or a log and jump at anyone finding you out of feeling threatened.
Not altering the rock's appearance could even just be a thing that happens, without any effort from the silverfish needed.
I guess, but at the same time, Minecraft treats blocks as solid entities. That and silverfish are pretty big (0.3 meters tall, 0.4 meters wide, and about a meter long), perhaps too big to hide in a solid one-meter rock cube like, let's say earthworms and irl silverfish, without causing the rock cube's structure to rupture from their mere existence.

I guess, but at the same time, Minecraft treats blocks as solid entities. That and silverfish are pretty big (0.3 meters tall, 0.4 meters wide, and about a meter long), perhaps too big to hide in a solid one-meter rock cube like, let's say earthworms and irl silverfish, without causing the rock cube's structure to rupture from their mere existence.
That size is definitely enough to hide in a cube more than 2x your size. Not rupturing the stone cube is not stealth mastery

That size is definitely enough to hide in a cube more than 2x your size. Not rupturing the stone cube is not stealth mastery
They can actually fracture the stone too, though willingly at that. They clearly have a habit of hiding to ambush their prey. If bigger animals in real life get Stealth Mastery for successfully ambushing prey then why can't Silverfishes get the same thing for successfully ambushing Steve?

They can actually fracture the stone too, though willingly at that. They clearly have a habit of hiding to ambush their prey. If bigger animals in real life get Stealth Mastery for successfully ambushing prey then why can't Silverfishes get the same thing for successfully ambushing Steve?
Could you name some examples of animals that have stealth mastery?

Could you name some examples of animals that have stealth mastery?
Hang on. I need to get home and grab my PC so I can make a list of at least 20 animals... Or you can just look at it yourself in the Real World verse page.

As promised, here comes the Stealth Squad! (I won't count instances that are much smaller than real life silverfishes and/or have highly effective Camouflage/Invisibility for their environment. Only those with Stealth Mastery actually listed on their profiles will make it into the list)
And... I think that's all of them! Do tell me if I missed anyone or got any of them wrong.

Last edited:
Back