• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minecraft is confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenks

FC/OC VS Battles
Administrator
Making this thread to discuss different possible changes to the Minecraft verse.

Somethings I notice are

-In the Mid-Game key, Steve's AP should be Building Level+ since he should scale to Charged Creeper explosions(1.69 tons) which can harm Endermen, while Steve can also harm/kill endermen.

-A thread I found here claims creeper explosions to actually be City Block level. And the Enderdragon to be Multi-City Block Level.

Im still pretty new to this thread so I might be wrong but please tell me what you think.

They even say that Enderman is Building level because they can kill Steve in two hits when he doesn't have armour on...

So what about Steve's Creeper explosion durability feat and the Enderman surviving them and Steve being able to kill the Enderman? Does that make him 8-B? That's something I still don't get.

The keys IMO don't really make sense. I've said it once and I'll say it again. You really cannot determine a difference between Early to Mid game. I've seen people playing Minecraft take down an Enderman before even encountering a Silverfish. In a game like Minecraft, there isn't an exact order for when you face enemies or retrieve certain items.

You could possibly kill an Ender Dragon by just punching it with no boosts with enough determination. Oh, I guess Steve is City Block level then with no items.

Well. This seems to be what happens when people talk and affirm each other.

Ender Dragon feat was changed to pulverizarion. Not vaping.

Being able to kill the end game boss with enough skill doesn't denote being directly comparable, just game mechanics.

Any other big questions can be restated in a clear manner.

Mr. Bambu said:

Being able to kill the end game boss with enough skill doesn't denote being directly comparable, just game mechanics.

But why isn't the Creeper 8-B? Explain that.

Based on what

1. All explosions aren't inherently considered pulv, especially not for Minecraft. Specifically you can't normally break goals blocks in Minecraft without totally destroying it, or with magic. So the calc is invalid as it is truly just game mechanics.

2. The Ender Dragons feat is held to be potentially correct as it does indeed pulverize any type of block- not just glass, which is the case in your proposed creeper calculation.

Mr. Bambu said:

Then what exactly makes something proper scaling and not game mechanics?

Insert creative name here 12 said:
Then what exactly makes something proper scaling and not game mechanics?
Progression? By the time you reach mid game you have iron gear and can easily kill zombies and skeletons, so iron gear scales to them. You're supposed to kill the Wither and Ender Dragon in the end game, where you should have diamond gear, so diamond gear scales to them.

Realistically, if you tried to fight the Ender Dragon or Wither with just iron gear without exploits, you'd lose pretty badly.

Creeper explosions and nether heat

Getting diamonds is what triggers late game though, and you usually fight the ender dragon after you find diamonds, to fight the dragon you need eyes of ender, to get those you need obsidian to make a nether portal, and for that you need diamonds, that is minecraft's natural progression, anything else is game mechanics.

I mean, the nether heat really does vaporize water, fire being beyond it and wool surviving it are game mechanics.

Either way, heat standards are changing, so you can't get durability solely from tanking a certain amount of heat.

Hot take: Steve at best should have two keys being

Base | With Equipment

(I'm not really counting "The Real Player" for this discussion)

Insert creative name here 12 said:
So using Matthew's values Steve's AP is small building level+
I'm gonna place here another calc. Don't mind me. Feel free to evaluate it.

KieranH10 wrote:
Taken from here (Which is linked on the Calculations page):
White Oak fragmentation= 8.34 j/cc
White oak violent fragmentation= 18,34 j/cc
White oak pulverization= 32,51-61,36 j/cc

Changing these to joules/cubic metres we get

White Oak Fragmentation = 8,340,000 j/m3 - 9-B, Wall level

White Oak Violent Fragmentation = 1.834e+9j/m3 - 9-A, Small Building level

White Oak Pulverization = 3.251e+9 - 6.136e+9 j/m3 - 8-C, Building level

Hope this helps.

Oh, yeah this thread. One sec.

@Creative Name Here- I explained why the Ender Dragon's feat is considered more valid, because it causes the same effect to each block regardless of what is leigitmately game mechanics (the blast resistance of glass being exceedingly low results in a wildly inflated result). I've also already explained why while you can defeat Ender Dragon and Wither with nothing more than a fist if you so felt the need to do so, this isn't indicative of comparability.

@David 9-A is usable since we consider it V. Frag for punching apart a block, that said they're already 9-A for that.

@Lonkitt Doesn't work when his equipment is in two separate tiers. It could work if you changed the name to "Base | With Equipment | With Diamond Equipment" but ultimately that's the same as it is right now, just semantics at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back