• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mihawk CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the Information stuff in reference to his Kenbun haki? From what I recall that wasn't the case in the datebook card.

Is the Information stuff in reference to his Kenbun haki? From what I recall that wasn't the case in the datebook card.
It isn't in reference to observation haki on the card, the swordsmanship part is in reference to Zoro & the true strength based off the image shown is in reference to Luffy.
EwCWJPtWQAIsm6b

Yeah then Elizhaa needs to know that part since he thinks its apart of his Kenbun Haki skill set as opposed to a skill based ability.

There seems to be no disputes over the scaling section so I will make those changes, although there is some debate on how to classify the ability addition whether done via Observation Haki or a unique skill to Mihawk in the form of Information Analysis

The changes to Mihawk's scaling have been applied, I've waited on applying the Information Analysis/Observation Haki addition since there's disagreements and just waiting on Elizhaa's response so it can be sorted.

The changes to Mihawk's scaling have been applied, I've waited on applying the Information Analysis/Observation Haki addition since there's disagreements and just waiting on Elizhaa's response so it can be sorted.
Alright, seems fine right now then, until further notice.

Recognizing sword styles looks like recognizing them mostly based on memory as an intelligence feat, not really Information Analysis without more contexts.

I read more. Contexts from Rayleigh suggests strength sensing is from Observation Haki which already fall under power reading of Extrasensory Perception (Chapter 597):
Information Analysis adding looks unneeded.

It's the same as recognizing marital arts, Yujiro Hanma and Kanoh Agito have them for the same reason, same for Ikki.

Also the Databook didn't say it was from Haki, if it were derivative of Haki they'd state so like for any other Kenbun Haki power.

Recognizing sword styles looks like recognizing them mostly based on memory as an intelligence feat, not really Information Analysis without more contexts.

I read more. Contexts from Rayleigh suggests strength sensing is from Observation Haki which already fall under power reading of Extrasensory Perception (Chapter 597):
Information Analysis adding looks unneeded.
For the context of Mihawk it was against Zoro and he was able to know the level of skill Zoro possessed before even fighting him; and it wouldn't be from memory since he had no knowledge of Zoro prior and in the series there is no other Santoryu style user.

I wouldn't say recognizing "true strength" in this manner is in reference to power reading via observation haki since he was able to discern an actual ability of Luffy which isn't something observation haki is shown to be able to do.

And like @LordGinSama said in the databook it's more so referencing it as a unique skill MIhawk possesses rather than a skill used via haki.

I wouldn't say recognizing "true strength" in this manner is in reference to power reading via observation haki since he was able to discern an actual ability of Luffy which isn't something observation haki is shown to be able to do.

That's not a literal ability of Luffy's though. He's just making an observation of something that's happening in front of his eyes.

Regarding the discerning the level of sword skills, the translations can vary making it confusing but from Stephan Paul's Translation (Current OP translator) it would seem based on the language that the ability to discern sword skills does indeed come from a unique power rather than simple intelligence or prior knowledge:
pzLgPJ8.png

(Source)

For the context of Mihawk it was against Zoro and he was able to know the level of skill Zoro possessed before even fighting him; and it wouldn't be from memory since he had no knowledge of Zoro prior and in the series there is no other Santoryu style user.

And like @LordGinSama said in the databook it's more so referencing it as a unique skill MIhawk possesses rather than a skill used via haki.
I agree with Info analysis based on the Zoro instance. He not only discerned that Zoro's skill level is far below his own, which should be impossible since nobody else uses Santoryu, but he also recognized that he has enough potential to one day reach his level.

I'm neutral on the Luffy example though. I can see it, but I personally always thought it was just an observation on Mihawk's part.

I agree with Info analysis based on the Zoro instance. He not only discerned that Zoro's skill level is far below his own, which should be impossible since nobody else uses Santoryu, but he also recognized that he has enough potential to one day reach his level.

I'm neutral on the Luffy example though. I can see it, but I personally always thought it was just an observation on Mihawk's part.
I agree with this, too. In context, the Luffy example does look like an observation.

I mean there are evidence in the war that characters like Hancock want to help Luffy (Chapter 559). The event happened before Mihawk made a comment about Luffy's strength (Chapter 561). I do believe that Mihawk could be aware of such an event from his superior eyesight, in the war. Furthermore, some people can sense charisma/ social influencing in real-life so I didn't view the statement in high-regard.

I do feel like there is an antifeat with Mihawk being unable to Zoro's strength or skill as he thought that Zoro lost the monkeys (Chapter 597). Hence, why I thought Mihawk used Haki for his Information Analysis.

In any case, I am neutral on Mihawk's getting Information Analysis.

Last edited:
Since Elizhas is now neutral on information Analysis there is no longer any disagreements with it from what I can tell.

Okay. What are the arguments for and against?
For Information Analysis:
Shown against Zoro in Chapter 50 where he says this:
Stated to be an ability of his in the Databooks:
Mihawk on his Vivre Card states this "Not only can he discern a person's talent with a sword, he can also see the true strength of those that would stand before him"
(Source)

I don't think Elizhaa is actually against Information Analysis but they did bring up a potential Anti-feat of concern:
"Against" Information Analysis:
I do feel like there is an antifeat with Mihawk being unable to Zoro's strength or skill as he thought that Zoro lost the monkeys (Chapter 597). Hence, why I thought Mihawk used Haki for his Information Analysis.

Addressing this, I don't believe this is necessarily an antifeat since we lack the knowledge of how Zoro actually defeated the baboons. In earlier chapters he did indeed see that Zoro was unable to defeat the baboons, Mihawk witnessed this.

However, Zoro since the first Mihawk fight has acquired power-ups that probably don't fall under the Criteria of his Information Analysis and as such wouldn't be able to analyse him this way; this would simply be a limitaiton of Mihawk's Information Analysis and not the fact he lacks Information Analysis in the first place.

Well, "Likely limited Information Analysis" is probably fine to add then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back