• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Might be time to stop Downplaying Cthulhu

Status
Not open for further replies.
A YouTube video does not count as a CRT, just like random reddit posts don't. You need to organize scans and arguments yourself.
I really don't want to type all of that stuff out especially if it isn't even necessary since I really can't add anything that the video doesn't already have. Is the video itself not good enough to prove that Cthulhu is way more powerful than the Wiki gives him credit for?

I really don't want to type all of that stuff out especially if it isn't even necessary since I really can't add anything that the video doesn't already have. Is the video itself not good enough to prove that Cthulhu is way more powerful than the Wiki gives him credit for?
Not feeling like it isn't really a reason. We can't debate against a YouTube video unless the maker of the video is here to debate with us. We can't as a YouTube video questions or what their reasoning was for certain parts.

That's why it's important for CRT's to be made and formatted by the people proposing them and not some other off hand source.

Not feeling like it isn't really a reason. We can't debate against a YouTube video unless the maker of the video is here to debate with us. We can't as a YouTube video questions or what their reasoning was for certain parts.

That's why it's important for CRT's to be made and formatted by the people proposing them and not some other off hand source.
I understand that. However, even so, I don't think what he said in the video should be ignored just cause he isn't here. I just believe it needs to be taken into consideration.

Btw I never actually read Lovecraft. I've just seen many videos like this explaining why Cthulhu is one of the most Powerful Fictional Characters of all time and I feel like putting him at Continent Level is Downplaying him Heavily.

Yes, but the video doesn't mean anything if no one is willing to make a proper CRT using the information it provides.

It's not about ignoring it or not, it's just literally no one have actively tried to upgrade Cthulhu's Tier beyond that because no one feels like it.

I understand that. However, even so, I don't think what he said in the video should be ignored just cause he isn't here. I just believe it needs to be taken into consideration.

Btw I never actually read Lovecraft. I've just seen many videos like this explaining why Cthulhu is one of the most Powerful Fictional Characters of all time and I feel like putting him at Continent Level is Downplaying him Heavily.
I don't mean Downplay as in Low-ball. I mean Downplay as in lower than the least amount possible. As in like, not even downplayed to a realistic degree it's basically just ignoring all of his feats.

Yes, but the video doesn't mean anything if no one is willing to make a proper CRT using the information it provides.

It's not about ignoring it or not, it's just literally no one have actively tried to upgrade Cthulhu's Tier beyond that because no one feels like it.
To be fair, it's kinda hard to find people nowadays who actually read a lot of books like that and understand the feats and power of characters such as Cthulhu. Even I, as a Cthulhu fan myself, haven't read the books.

I just think more people on this thread should at least watch the video to get some idea of how Powerful Cthulhu is.

You're just blindly listening to videos

After watching the whole video and reading all Lovecraft's works myself, i disagree.
He calls cthulhu "the other god" which isn't true at all. He is the great old one.
He then scales him to beings like yog sothoth and azathoth which is just hilarious.
I feel like most of the stuff in the video is just "what if".

I also disagree with him saying cthulhu isn't omniscient, all great old ones where said to be all knowing when the stars are right.

After watching the whole video and reading all Lovecraft's works myself, i disagree.
He calls cthulhu "the other god" which isn't true at all. He is the great old one.
He then scales him to beings like yog sothoth and azathoth which is just hilarious.
I feel like most of the stuff in the video is just "what if".

I also disagree with him saying cthulhu isn't omniscient, all great old ones where said to be all knowing when the stars are right.
Ah okay. That makes sense.

The rules related to YouTube videos are clear: While they can be used as supplementary material they can't be a CRT in of itself. If the OP isn't going to remake the OP then I'm just closing the thread due to thst rule.

Last edited:
The rules retarding YouTube videos are clear: While they can be used as supplementary material they can't be a CRT in of itself. If the OP isn't going to remake the OP then I'm just closing the thread due to thst rule.
I figured that was a rule when I was told the first time. I don't have a problem with you closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back