• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why the portals would even move with the Meteors at all if they're portals. That would literally be the opposite of their function.

I'll say what i said in the other thread

"His portals look nothing like that, they look like blue cgi water surrounding black spaces.

I watched the scene again, that blue flash wasn't a portal, it was some blue energy surrounding the moon after Thanos detonated it. It looked like lightning at first, and then came down with the meteors when Thanos pulled all of them in together."

And we should stop discussing about the stupid portal thing and focus on who scales to MHS+.

However, the Titan is highly unlikely to be the Titan in our solar system in Infinity War. It seems more like a planet.

The default assumption is our Earth and our Moon, which is 384 000 000 m apart. 3.31 seconds is the timeframe

38.7% of the speed of light, Relativistic

Actually, as Matt pointed out, Thanos sort of put them into hyperdrive, but we don't see this effect when they're near Earth.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
The default assumption is our Earth and our Moon, which is 384 000 000 m apart. 3.31 seconds is the timeframe

38.7% of the speed of light, Relativistic
This assumption is flawed, Titan's moon is far closer to the planet than our own, it can be seen with the size it has.

I forgot about this, but Titan's gravity is completely off as well. Basically the core shifted 6 degrees from its original position is what they say in the movie. Would this do much to the calc?

ByAsura said:
I forgot about this, but Titan's gravity is completely off as well. Basically the core shifted 6 degrees from its original position is what they say in the movie. Would this do much to the calc?
Probably have more intense seasons. Summer sun heats more, winter nights last longer, larger polar circles but smaller ice caps, etc.

ByAsura said:
Quill doesn't mention the core. He says this about Titan:

"What the hell happened to this planet? Its 8 degrees off of its axis. Gravitational pull is all over the place."

But what Gemmysaur said should still apply. The strange gravity might impact the power of the meteors once Thanos stops controlling them.

Wouldn't it scale to her somewhat as she reacted to an MHS attack casually?

Could that be calced?

The Mjolnir is only MHS while returning, not when Thor throws it.

It legit reached space in seconds. And it isn't faster when returning.

I'm more concerned with the divide between Iron Man's Travel and Reaction Speed. It is objectively nonexistent. Iron Man is consistently making twists and turns, dodging stuff and attacks while flying, flying around his enemies, etc.

Legit I also looked at many Thor scenes and Thor consistently has to tilt his hand and manually grab Mjolnir every time he's recalling it. It doesn't attach to his hand. It just flies back to his general direction.

I'd have to watch a bunch of scenes and make a ton of gifs to prove this, though, so low-priority.

It's not an unfounded argument, Thor's hammer has had much faster showings when returning to him then when he throws it. It's perfectly reasonable to assume that when he calls it comes back faster than when he throws it, just looking at feats

Then why Hela and Thor doesn't have MHS reactions? I thought we already discussed this, the conclusion was that Mjolnir's throwing speed doesn't scale to its returning speed.

It looks like when they put that Thor has MHS throwing speed in his profile, they forgot that several characters can react to the Mjolnir.

Too little information to calc Iron Man's flying speeds boost. I tried doing a rough calc of the pod that had the Iron Spider suit and its only Supersonic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back