• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MHA AP and Durability Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'd be breaking his legs if he was using anything else, remember he can't use high percentages of OFA without injuring himself. He raised it only slightly during his fight with Stain and dislocated his arm.

Izuku isn't even able to use 8%, he'd only be able to use it in a few months. If he was using higher percentages I'm certain the movie would've pointed out his broke legs.
I’m also quite sure the movie pointed out he was using 30% only in the arm with the full guantlet.

He wouldn't necessarily be breaking his legs. He only gets broken limbs when he's used 100% of his power.

What manga AP feats does his 5% self have that compares to that High 8-C calc?

Your literally saying he can use higher percentages when it's stated in universe that he can't. Even a small increase against Stain dislocated his arm.

Izuku doesn't break his limbs at only 100%, didn't he stated later on that 20% was the highest he could go before his bones started breaking? 100% is just overkill, and nothing points to him using higher percentages. The movie would clearly state if he was using something higher, just like any other time it happened.

I'm fine with 1.12 Tons as well, but if we do Rappa goes back to High 8-C since now Kirishima's dura is above 6.6 Tons.

Also need to talk some more scaling as well.

The visual effect he gets at 0:42, before he massively increases in speed suggests to me that he's using more power than what he was before.

EDIT: Meanwhile his manga feats with 5% are like this....

That doesn't matter, Izuku can't use higher percentages without injuring himself. At the end of the movie his legs were just fine, if he used higher percentages at this moment the movie itself would have him or someone bring it up. The only time he uses higher percentages is with the Full Gauntlet, he's doing it so he doesn't get hurt.

He'd be dislocating the bones in his legs at the least, but that's not what happens.

That feat is wall level, stop using stuff like that to downgrade them to 9-B. Don't bring it up if your aren't.

The visual effect he gets at 0:42, before he massively increases in speed suggests to me that he's using more power than what he was before.

EDIT: Meanwhile his manga feats with 5% are like this....
That doesn't mean that's not 5%. If anything it makes sense since 5% is capable of moving at supersonic speeds.

That feat is wall level, stop using stuff like that to downgrade them to 9-B. Don't bring it up if your aren't.

I'll be doing a thorough analysis Izuku's feats in the manga when I get the time.

For now I'll just insist that he should be baseline 8-C+, and we need to sort out of the scaling for some characters.

That's fine by me. (In universe I think it's stated 8% isn't strong enough to break walls without his Iron Soles funnily enough, let's put him a 10-A)

Already stated I'm fine with 1.12 Tons (I'm more neutral towards both but whatever), and there are scaling issues.

Last edited:
I have to unsubscribe from this thread due to time constraints. You can notify me later via my message wall if you need my help after you have reached a conclusion. Alternately, a staff member can use the @Username notification system.

Either way Jiro, Mina, Sero, Kaminari, and Momo should not be scaling and instead be Unknown in their physical AP/Dura. We have no idea how strong those villains they fought were, so that's not really much of a feat.
I put these profiles' striking strength at Unknown.

Are there any other scaling issues we need fix?

There's Sato.

His U.A. Beginnings Saga key shouldn't be scaling to Deku.

Right, I downgraded his first key to "Building level, Large Building level with Sugar Rush" since at the very least his Sugar Rush should be able to defeat Victory Bots, something that base Deku needed a weapon in order to perform.

Also how is Sero rated at anything with Tape of all things? It's tape he's never been shown to harm anyone with it. It should be clear how he passed the exam, he can restrain the robots with his tape and press their button to deactivate them.

His tape would be durable enough to restrain the Victory Bots, but I don't see how he gets any AP from that.

Either way Jiro, Mina, Sero, Kaminari, and Momo should not be scaling and instead be Unknown in their physical AP/Dura. We have no idea how strong those villains they fought were, so that's not really much of a feat.
Couldn’t some hero course students with few/no feats scale above Hatsume in durability? I believe some profiles were already doing that. And if that Nomu has a tier, could Momo’s durability backscale from that?

Also can Tokoyami with Dark Environment just be 8-B instead of Unknown? He stomped Moonfish, a High 8-C+, and is superior to the already High 8-C Dark Shadow, so there’s literally no reason for it to be Unknown.

What happened to the strength test that supposedly make Shinso inferior to the hero course? Why aren't we using it?

Couldn’t some hero course students with few/no feats scale above Hatsume in durability?

If they have no feats, like Hagakure for example, why should we scale them above anybody? Unknown is the most perfect rating for them at that point.

Many students like Jiro survived Kaminari's Indiscriminate Shock, so it's not like they have no feats.

We should go back to scaling them from Shinso.

In other words you just want to scale everybody in the hero course to base Deku.

I really think we shouldn't be doing that.

Shinso's feat is his own. We have no reason to scale that to anybody else.

Do you think that Mineta or Hagakure is only a small bit of power away from 5% Deku?

Many students like Jiro survived Kaminari's Indiscriminate Shock, so it's not like they have no feats.

That's also not as impressive as you make it out to be. Try to calculate their durability based on that and it won't have high results.

Don't care about Hagakure, she shouldn't even have a profile in the first place.

But Mineta at the very least, can take a brutal hit from a Victory Bot and survive.

What, are we gonna say the robots are holding back as well?

But Mineta at the very least, can take a brutal hit from a Victory Bot and survive.

What's the AP of that?

Because if that's significant then that is a feat you can use for Mineta himself. You wouldn't need to scale Mineta from Shinso.

Deku used the robot's own momentum to cut it in half, and he wouldn't need to dodge its attacks if the robot couldn't hurt him or didn't pose a threat to his person.

I am not necessarily saying Mineta should scale to Shinso's AP, since he doesn't fight that way, but at the very least students like Momo and Mina have been stated to be strong enough to fight hand-to-hand with other students.

Do you think that Mineta or Hagakure is only a small bit of power away from 5% Deku?
I get your point, but this really seems like argumentation from incredulity.
This wouldn’t even be that problematic tbh. Wouldn’t Shinso backscale from Deku anyways, so he’d only be baseline 8-C and not 8-C+? And if the hero course students passed a strength test that he didn’t, then there’s really no reason for him to not scale beneath them all.

And if the hero course students passed a strength test that he didn’t, then there’s really no reason for him to not scale beneath them all.

That's not necessarily a measurement of AP.

That's right, base Deku is now baseline 8-C+.

You've put Shinso as Building level+.

Students who have feats or genuine reasons to scale, scale them. But don't try and make every hero course student have a default level of AP/Striking Strength/Durability.

By the way, Rusty does make a good point regarding Sero. His tape, just for restraining people, shouldn't have a quantifiable AP.

Momo would need to put some of her strength in this feat to block the attack of Dark Shadow.

Not everyone need to scale from Shinso or Deku.

Last edited:
Sure, I guess she could downscale from that since she needed to use a shield to block him.

Though speaking of Dark Shadow:

Large Building level with Dark Shadow (One of the strongest Quirks in Class 1-A, which should make him comparable to Kirishima with Hardening)

What's the link between him and Kirishima?

Dark Shadow is stated multiple times to be a strong Quirk even among the class, with Sero saying he was sure Tokoyami could have pulled it off in his fight with Bakugo, and Monoma stating Bakugo just got lucky because of the match disadvantage.

Deku also stated that Tokoyami could have still turned the fight around if Bakugo had not discovered his weakness.

He can also easily destroy the Villain Bots.

Last edited:
Without further context it doesn't mean a lot. We distinguish between lifting strength and striking strength on here.
I’ve been on this site for a while, I’m fully aware that SS and LS are differentiated. Not knowing if the test is SS or LS should simply mean the hero test students get ‘Possibly [Shinso’s tier].’

No reason to act like the feat isn’t there.

The Victory Bots should scale above Base Izuku and Shinso. Izuku needed a weapon and used it's own monument against it to destroy it, while Shinso was unable to destroy any of them during the entrance exam. Aizawa even stated someone like Shinso has no real way of getting points.

Mineta did actually take a hit from the Victory Bots, which means his dura should scale. Isn't he like the physically weakest student, I guess there shouldn't be a problem with the students scaling to him then. Though his own AP doesn't scale, just his dura.

Like to mention Sero again though, just in case it was missed. He shouldn't have any AP via Tape, as his never been shown to hurt anyone with his tape.

If I can give my opinion on some of the characters’ tierings:

Shinso - Baseline 8-C, backscaling from base Deku due to harming him.
Momo - 8-C+, backscaling from Dark Shadow and a Nomu since she blocked an attack from the former and survived getting beaten by the latter.
Jirou, Mina, Sero, Kaminari, and really any Hero Course student who’s physical tiers are Unknown - At least 9-A, possibly 8-C for scaling above Hatsume and Shinso, since they passed a strength test (albeit we don’t know what nature of strength it was, so that’s why it’s a possibly) he didn’t.

Shinso should back scale since he's weaker than someone who is baseline 8-C+, even being 0.1 percent weaker would be 8-C instead of 8-C+. He should be 1.1 Tons, while Izuku is Baseline which is 1.12 Tons.

Shinso isn't baseline 8-C though, he's only a tiny bit weaker than Izuku. Baseline 8-C is 0.25 Tons which is over 4x weaker than baseline 8-C+, which goes against him drawing blood from a 8-C+ with a single punch.

The other students should also be scaling above or comparable to Mineta, who should have 8-C+ dura as well. Since he can take a hit from the Victory Bots, which are stronger than Base Izuku. Mineta is physically the weakest student, though I can agree with the possibly rating.

Last edited:
They should also be scaling above or comparable to Mineta, who should have 8-C+ dura as well. Since he can take a hit from the Victory Bots, which are stronger than Base Izuku. Mineta is physically the weakest student, though I can agree with the possibly rating.
So instead of ‘At least 9-A, possibly 8-C,’ they should be ‘At least 9-A, possibly 8-C+?’ Or should they just have 8-C+ durability (which would probably upgrade certain students)?

Then being 8-C+ kinda makes sense though, since they’re stronger than Shinso, who can harm a 8-C+. I just thought he would immediately backscale to baseline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back