• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MG; Physiology Page Discussion

Sorry lol

Anyways, "perish" can in fact refer to the body's death, as the scan posted above proves. It is not a universal fact that it always refers to source destruction, and further context is needed to say that it does in any given circumstance.

None of this says they're made of abstractions, just that they'll disappear if their rumors die out. Which, again, is just more evidence for type 2 AE. One of these quotes even directly says spirits are embodiments of these things, which is the most clear cut case of type 2 AE I've ever seen.
Explain why they disappear or fade from existence. Last i checked, AE 2 doesn't give incorporeality
The kanji for "perish" also means to be ruined, destroyed, or just, y'know, die. Also, this very scan proves "destruction" does not universally refer to source erasure, because it says the world would have been destroyed. Do entire world's have individual sources in MG? If not, saying "destruction always equals source destruction" has 0 basis.
You're basically desperate at this point. What does world destruction/ just "destruction" have to do with the source?
I didn't say whenever "destroyed" is used it refers to source destruction, i said when it's used in relation to a persons death

Explain why they disappear or fade from existence. Last i checked, AE 2 doesn't give incorporeality

You're basically desperate at this point. What does world destruction/ just "destruction" have to do with the source?
I didn't say whenever "destroyed" is used it refers to source destruction, i said when it's used in relation to a persons death
She already dropped it. Now drop it

What? Fading from existence doesn't grant type 1 AE, sorry to burst your bubble. They fade from existence because they rely on these rumors, not because their bodies are made up of them; The latter is what you need for type 1, which you haven't shown.

You seem to misunderstand what type 1 AE is. It isn't "type 2 + incorporeality"; For example, a being who is made of souls (like a ghost), but embodies a concept like fear, would have type 2 even though they are incorporeal. On the other hand, someone that is literally made out of fear itself would get type 1. Do you understand what I'm getting at?

also gonna keep repeating that if nobody wants to defend info manip or social influencing they should just be deleted

Do you understand what I'm getting at?

also gonna keep repeating that if nobody wants to defend info manip or social influencing they should just be deleted
I do understand and i maintain my point that they're made out of those abstractions.

I'm pretty sure I talked about the info manipulation. Each spirit has access to magic that comes about by manipulating their rumors like avos dilhevia who can use almost every magic anos has access to except the one's that aren't part of her rumors. Incidentally, they gain new abilities as well depending on how the rumors develop.
I think "limited Info manipulation" might suffice since it's only related to info about them.

Anyway I'm gonna go read LN vol 2 & WN arc 4 again because of this AE issue

I also suggest limited info manipulation in this case.

I do understand and i maintain my point that they're made out of those abstractions.
Do you have scans of this?

I'm pretty sure I talked about the info manipulation. Each spirit has access to magic that comes about by manipulating their rumors like avos dilhevia who can use almost every magic anos has access to except the one's that aren't part of her rumors. Incidentally, they gain new abilities as well depending on how the rumors develop.
I think "limited Info manipulation" might suffice since it's only related to info about them.
They're not manipulating the rumors themselves, they're just using abilities based on those rumors. Are there actual feats of them directly manipulating the rumors themselves?

Did the God of Death not return even after his source was erased?
Will the high-Godly regeneration of MG gods turn mid-godly?

It is high – Godly regeneration after source destruction.

Anyway, should I move this to general discussion?

Anahem resurrected and regenerated his source multiple times. It's a feat for shin for being able to kill him

Last edited:
Anahem resurrected and regenerated his source multiple times. It's a geat for shin for being able to kill him
Ohh, but I guess I still don't quite understand how this is working right now. Do only some of the gods have HGR or do all of them? Or only gods with feats have HGR?

Ohh, but I guess I still don't quite understand how this is working right now. Do only some of the gods have HGR or do all of them? Or only gods with feats have HGR?
All of them. Anos says in vol 4 that it's easy for all gods to regenerate their source

can y'all like

provide any actual scans of this?

Or at least add them to the sandbox? Because that's what this thread is supposed to be about, y'know.

There is statement from Anos who said all of them can regenerate from source destruction but can be negated from HGR negation sword

can y'all like

provide any actual scans of this?

Or at least add them to the sandbox? Because that's what this thread is supposed to be about, y'know.
It's literally all accepted. We ain't even adding anything new. We are organizing the verse.

Also, I requested now a thread moderator to move from content revisions to General discussion as you guys wished.

It's literally all accepted. We ain't even adding anything new. We are organizing the verse.
I know that. But that doesn't mean you can just leave stuff unsourced, since (I assume) the goal here is to have a lot of important information compiled into a single verse page. People who want to know more about the verse aren't going to learn much if things remain unsourced.

I know that. But that doesn't mean you can just leave stuff unsourced, since (I assume) the goal here is to have a lot of important information compiled into a single verse page. People who want to know more about the verse aren't going to learn much if things remain unsourced.
We are working on it... yk it is 1000+ chapters to index

Hey, I don't mind people taking their time. Idc how long it takes, really, but all of this does need to be properly sourced and justified.

Also, I saw Empowerment for spirits was changed to transformation + statistics amplification; The former is fine, but nothing about this says they get stronger when entering their "true forms", so stat amping needs to go (even if that were accurate, it'd probably just be transformation by itself anyways).

Hey, I don't mind people taking their time. Idc how long it takes, really, but all of this does need to be properly sourced and justified.
Aye, I obviously won't leave anything left without being properly justified/indexxed/good formatted. This is my first priorities obviously.
Also, I saw Empowerment for spirits was changed to transformation + statistics amplification; The former is fine
Tatsumi done it. Mhm
, but nothing about this says they get stronger when entering their "true forms", so stat amping needs to go (even if that were accurate, it'd probably just be transformation by itself anyways).
@Tatsumi504

Eugola got smoked by Venozdonor
HFG got smoked by Venozdonor
Other fodder gods smoked by Anos eyes
Trace got done dirty by liviangirma
Eques got turned into train
Meiytilen got turned into Picture frame.

There is no instance where gods could have Regenerated their sources with these weapons and abilities smoking them.

But when these abilities/weapons are not used

Anahem shown to regenerate his source
Trace god also has feat for Regeneration
Even fodder Jerga who became order of the world has feat for Regenerating complete erasure.
Eques has feat for Regenerating his source.

So technically it's not anti feat not to mention Anos clear cut states all gods can Regenerate Source. If some god can't Regenerate Source after destruction then the character who negs the god gets HGR negation. That's all.

There is no instance where gods could have Regenerated their sources with these weapons and abilities smoking them.

Even fodder Jerga who became order of the world has feat for Regenerating complete erasure.

So technically it's not anti feat not to mention Anos clear cut states all gods can Regenerate Source. If some god can't Regenerate Source after destruction then the character who negs the god gets HGR negation. That's all.
Anos also wonders if he made venuzdonoa just to "increase the ways to end gods" (or something very similar to that)

So I'm gonna have to (unsurprisingly) contest HGR for gods, since, to my knowledge, it is based on this:

"You made a mistake in parasitizing the body and roots of the eldmade. If you are in it, even ten percent of the root can live. If ten percent of the roots of God the Heavenly Father remain, that order will not completely collapse. You gods are immortal beings. Normally, it should be easy to regenerate the root, but not in the face of the Sword of Rishonen."

The "ten percent" thing bothers me, because it very obviously shows that gods CAN'T fully regen their sources, just rebuild it from a surviving part of their source; It is expressly regenerating from a concept, which is mid-godly. At best, it is limited HGR, since they can recover part of their source (but not the entirety of it).

So I'm gonna have to (unsurprisingly) contest HGR for gods, since, to my knowledge, it is based on this:

"You made a mistake in parasitizing the body and roots of the eldmade. If you are in it, even ten percent of the root can live. If ten percent of the roots of God the Heavenly Father remain, that order will not completely collapse. You gods are immortal beings. Normally, it should be easy to regenerate the root, but not in the face of the Sword of Rishonen."

The "ten percent" thing bothers me, because it very obviously shows that gods CAN'T fully regen their sources, just rebuild it from a surviving part of their source; It is expressly regenerating from a concept, which is mid-godly. At best, it is limited HGR, since they can recover part of their source (but not the entirety of it).

There is already feat for 3 gods to completely getting erased and Regenerating from complete Source destruction and even Jerga who became the order of the world a fodder shown to regenerate from complete erasure. So i don't see where did this Limited HGR comes from.

That 10% was just referring to that situation. 10% was referring to how if the HF god had 10% of his power in a mortal body, order won't be disrupted.

Anyway, jnovel club has started translating LN 4 which is where the statement comes from. In a few months it should be possible to confirm

Hell? In few months? I doubt, we just recently received 3rd one lol

There is already feat for 3 gods to completely getting erased and Regenerating from complete Source destruction and even Jerga who became the order of the world a fodder shown to regenerate from complete erasure. So i don't see where did this Limited HGR comes from.
Wow it's really cool that I have to just 100% take your word on this instead of you posting scans to support your argument :v

Wow it's really cool that I have to just 100% take your word on this instead of you posting scans to support your argument :v
You can literally check the profile of the characters 🗿. You know.

Eques' justification only says his body was destroyed, it doesn't say whether or not it destroyed his source (which I assume is the same as the "root" mentioned in the passage), so while Anos attacked it in some way, we have nothing to go off of as to whether or not his source was even properly damaged to the point of needing to regen (let alone total destruction, which you need for full HGR).

Anahem's justification gives me a bit more to work with, but it doesn't at any point imply he regenerates; Just that he would be destroyed infinitely and wouldn't die even when his source is gone, so that's some really good type 2 immortality, but not regen. The phrase "The secret keeps the Shintai that should disappear if the root is destroyed." is a bit wonky, but in context, it seems like it's referring to how Anahem (and likely other people idk) can survive after source destruction, but again, not regen,

So, y'know, HGR is still wrong but I do appreciate the effort.

Eques' justification only says his body was destroyed, it doesn't say whether or not it destroyed his source (which I assume is the same as the "root" mentioned in the passage), so while Anos attacked it in some way, we have nothing to go off of as to whether or not his source was even properly damaged to the point of needing to regen (let alone total destruction, which you need for full HGR).
It's clearly mentioned as attack hitted the source. Anyway Anos & Graham already has solid HGR with completely erased on both body & root. So i don't see what's the problem with gods who has statement for Regenerating. That statement was made by Anos who is credible source here.
Anahem's justification gives me a bit more to work with, but it doesn't at any point imply he regenerates; Just that he would be destroyed infinitely and wouldn't die even when his source is gone, so that's some really good type 2 immortality, but not regen. The phrase "The secret keeps the Shintai that should disappear if the root is destroyed." is a bit wonky, but in context, it seems like it's referring to how Anahem (and likely other people idk) can survive after source destruction, but again, not regen,

So, y'know, HGR is still wrong but I do appreciate the effort.
Someone forgot add this i guess. Anahem body didn't got erased in the scans linked because shin killed him many times so everytime Anahem dread and came back he was adapting that. Not to mention Anahem later onwards able to move even after his root got turned into nothingness.

Well whatever this scans literally backs up Anahem Completely getting wiped out along with his body and source.
 With a crack, Anahem's divine body cracked, and so the root and all shattered.

He was destroyed.
 Shin, however, kept his eyes on his surroundings.

Here him later being able to move even after root getting destroyed. It's just he Evolved to a point where he didn't had to completely perish and regenerate his whole body.
 Time and again, Anahem perished.

But even up to that point, the god of demise was still immortal.

As Anahem's magic power, which continued to perish, rose endlessly to wherever it was going, he took on a form of indignation.

"......, you ...... fool!"

Finally, Anahem moved, despite being destroyed at the root.

But first scan literary backs up Anahem Completely getting erased on both body and root otherwise Shin doesn't have to warry of surrounding if the body remains in that place.

You can even refer Anos getting erased by existence just because his root was destroyed. It's how Root works. If you destroy the roots Physical body automatically gets erased. Anahem body not getting erased later became he adapted and evolved doesn't make it's an anti feat.

Check anime ep 13 you will get it. Or Graham profile where Anos destroyed Graham's root only but his physical body automatically got erased. That's how it works.

Last edited:
Back