• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MFTL DBGT?

I would like to see the statment/calc where combat speed>flying speed, could be possible that fact stop working in a story point.

I don't see why characters in GT are not already MTFL,i mean GT Goku is what , 1 600 000 times stronger than SSJ3 Z Goku?

^They are already mftl (with unknown numbers), also, there no proof that the strength increase proportionally along speed

Remember that time when Master Roshi crossed a short distance(unknown distance probably 100 metres) in 5.6 seconds? That's his travel speed. In combat he could easily catch bullets.

I think DB combat speed > travel speed is valid.

I am in full agreement with the comment above. Someone go find the calculation of Goku's Kaioken x20 against Frieza.

Also, there is no reason to state that travel speed > combat speed in DBGT if there are statements/calculations proving that combat speed > travel speed in DBZ. Both series should take place in the same universe after all.

Well, this is about combat speed and flight speed, not combat speed and running speed.

Antvasima said:
@TMR Why do you think that the DB flight speed and combat speed relationship are reversed in GT?
Stating that DBGT takes place in the universe is true, but they do not, obviously, take place in the same continuity. They are non-canon (as are the movies for that matter) hence I don't think a logia explained in the main series should apply to a spin-off that basically does its own thing, without explicit proof that this is still true.

Well, it would certainly simplify things enormously if we could finally get set speed tiering for the DBGT characters, but accuracy is most important. What do the rest of you think?

keep in mind the dbz canon things also happened in gt-verse

(the flashback in the last episode)

and in z, combat speed > travel speed

also, in a non canon filler episode, goku reacted to meteors while standing on his mftl+ ship

I will ask Lord Kavpeny to take a look at it.

Nothing against DBGT speed upgrade in particular, but this method of scaling is incorrect. The DB movie verse is an entirely separate continuity, and does not scale to GT (which scales from Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Canon, but not other Non-Canon).

Hmm. The DBGT pages need to have their speed levels updated somehow though. Does anybody have any other suggestions?

also, does the dbz anime scale to dbgt?

because, iirc in a filler dbz episode, goku dodges space rocks, while he was on his ship, which was traveling from earth tonamek

i think that can provide more support for mftl+ gt? maybe?

what does everyone else think

I think that the original DBZ anime scales to GT, yes. They appear to be in the same continuity. In addition, did not somebody tell me that characters from the movies showed up in GT when briefly resurrected from hell?

Antvasima said:
I think that the original DBZ anime scales to GT, yes. They appear to be in the same continuity. In addition, did not somebody tell me that characters from the movies showed up in GT when briefly resurrected from hell?
iirc they did in super 17 saga

Well, then I will have to talk with Lord Kavpeny about it.

After talking with Lord Kavpeny in private, I have revised my stance regarding DB Movies and DBGT, as it seems like the latter series is extremely inconsistent.

it is inconsistent, but do dbz anime and the movie fit

or does the anime fit with dbgt?

cuz as far as consistency goes, dbgt showed nothing more than 7-B in direct feats iirc...

and oh one implied low 4-C feat

Well, I do think that we definitely need to update the GT character speeds, but am uncertain how best to do so.

Antvasima said:
Well, I do think that we definitely need to update the GT character speeds, but am uncertain how best to do so.
we cud look at either the dbz anime filler or we cud look at the movies, other than that, the speeds stay the same

Well, the fillers should probably be okay, I think.

Goku base against Frieza is already FTL and with KK x20 is around 20c.That' just Z Goku,just look at this.So base GT Goku > SSJ3 Z Goku ,which means just SSJ3 GT Goku is 160 000 times of SSJ3 Z Goku and if you add 10 for SSJ4 it means 1.6M of SSJ3 Z and in last arc of GT,Goku is at leat 8x stronger than on begin of GT so it's another 1 600 000 * 8 = 12 800 000 times of SSJ3 Z Goku and since base Goku goku against Frieza is already FTL you can just dream how fast is GT Goku

Actually let's try,from base against Frieza to base against in Boo arc,goku's base is at least 20x more powerful so it's actually 20 * 12 800 000 = 256 000 000 , so there you go GT SSJ4 Goku at last arc is 256M more than Goku base against Frieza

Strmi said:
Goku base against Frieza is already FTL and with KK x20 is around 20c.That' just Z Goku,just look at this.So base GT Goku > SSJ3 Z Goku ,which means just SSJ3 GT Goku is 160 000 times of SSJ3 Z Goku and if you add 10 for SSJ4 it means 1.6M of SSJ3 Z and in last arc of GT,Goku is at leat 8x stronger than on begin of GT so it's another 1 600 000 * 8 = 12 800 000 times of SSJ3 Z Goku and since base Goku goku against Frieza is already FTL you can just dream how fast is GT Goku
Actually let's try,from base against Frieza to base against in Boo arc,goku's base is at least 20x more powerful so it's actually 20 * 12 800 000 = 256 000 000 , so there you go GT SSJ4 Goku at last arc is 256M more than Goku base against Frieza
The only multiplier we use is Kaioken, nothing else

Strmi said:
Even if you don't accept,you can't tell me GT chars only FTL+,that's ridicilous
i know, and thats exactly what we are discussing now

for now, its best to stick to the bojack feat and the goku reacting and didging in a filler episode

Back