• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It really doesn't take him any time, and simple Quick Draw with Quicksilver and he's won the fight.

Also, SBA, I know, but assuming it's in play here, pretty sure a literal dark form of Dante, probably won't get mind haxed.

Also Majin trapping also takes a thought.

Pretty much what I was going to say, + with mind hax resistance and precog himself, Dante still takes this. Even if he could only resist for a second, bangle of time/quicksilver gg.

That's not how resistances work. A small hax resistance doesn't protect from a powerful version of that hax even for a second. It's like saying a 9-B could survive a hit from an 8-A. And yes, the comparison is the same.

Uhh.....Yes it does.....Durability is hax independent.

Also we've had multiple people in fiction survive stronger blows

The simple fact is, a hax resistance is only as strong as the level you resisted it. Just because one characters resists Mind haxes, does not mean the opponent's mind hax won't work. If it's stronger than the resistance, then that resistance becomes moot.

It obviously has to take time even to overtax this resistance does it not?

Ragyo's mind manipulation is actually a good example of this

Not really if it's strong enough. Not only that you have to think of if the character can even think to use a move if they're resistance is getting overpowered.

What is his Mind Manipulation feats then? There are demons Dante has fought that can make hundreds of demons go insane by looking at them.

Implying Mewtwo's mind hax is greater than anything Dante has ever faced. And they're both the same tier. Dante beating Argosax in base, when he needed the Sparda Trigger against Mundus, then on top of that having access to all of his devil triggers.

But do they use said abilities on Dante?

Also, I think his feats likely come from scaling from most other psychic types. Cal will have to explain.

Unite My Rice said:
Implying Mewtwo's mind hax is greater than anything Dante has ever faced. And they're both the same tier. Dante beating Argosax in base, when he needed the Sparda Trigger against Mundus, then on top of that having access to all of his devil triggers.
Not once did I say nor imply that. I simply went over an explanation to how resistances work.

Gargoyle One said:
^Thats not how hax works.
It is if Mewtwo's mind based powers were made to be superior to other Psychic-Types who naturally have this ability and resistance as well.

FateAlbane said:
I see we still have the Methuselah level mind hax that kills you in 0 seconds happening...
Never said that Fate.....Just explaining how resistances work.

@Dragon I didn't mean you, though (since you weren't even in the thread where this happened earlier).

But the point still stands that Mewtwo's mindhax would need to not only be used here from second 0, it would also have to work before Dante does... Well, his time hax stuff and everything else.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Gargoyle One said:
^Thats not how hax works.
It is if Mewtwo's mind based powers were made to be superior to other Psychic-Types who naturally have this ability and resistance as well.
I'm not talking to you

But if it IS the case, then it working on Dante instantly is speculative considering how strong he's become by DMC2 what with him one shotting Argosax who is superior to Sparda who is superior to Mundus who is superior to Abigail who Dante one shotted.

Factoring that Dante actually has resistance, I feel safe to assume that, while he might not resist long, he resists enough to pull his hax as Rice explained and then done.

As I said, this thread is a horrible backfire.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
@Gar I must have commented right before you did then.
Haxes don't scale to AP tho...
I know that's what I said.

Look at the difference in time frame, yours came seconds before I did, no way am I that fast a typer

This one is pretty difficult to decide. Mewtwo is a strategist and Dante is an aloof person who doesn't take things seriously, but Dante has more potent arsenal and he would act serious once seeing Mewtwo being a powerful opponent. Mewtwo can take him down with his Mega Form, but Dante has Majin Form, which is, while it has a time limit, it gives Dante absolute invulenrability. Probably Mewtwo's arsenal would wear down Dante, but Dante's more potent arsenal and his capability of resisting Mind and Soul hacking moves of Mewtwo can pretty much pay off in the battle, combined with the Majin Mode and that's settled.

So yeah. I can see Dante having this one via reasons mentioned above.

Ohboythisthreadisgivingmecancer

Dante is resistant to mind manipulation, so that wont work.

Also, Mewtwo,has two better abilities imo: Time Travel and Reality Warping. Dante has better resistances and I honestly dont have the time to go through the moves mewtwo can learn, but I will probably concede he is more versatile. I dont think I have an opinion, I like both. But I guess Dante cuz of UMR reasons. If Mewtwo was resistant to time manip, then it would be his game.

Oh well Dante cuz reasons above. (sorry mewtwo, I promise I will EV train you to uber status and we can stomp dante with prep time)

Gargoyle One said:
About the last part Sins....

Mirage Mewtwo's a thing.
If we did mirage mew two, it would be a hax stomp in his favor.

But since I wanna be the very best

Like one ever was

To catch them is my real quest

To train them to 2-B is my cause.

I will travel across the wiki.

Searching far and wind.

Teach pokemon to understand.

The power thats hax.

Pokemon! (Gotta wank them all!) Its you and me!

I know its my destiny.

(Pokemon!)

Ooohhh your my best friend.

In a world we must solo.

Pokemon! (Gotta catch them all!) a heart so true!

Our NLFs will pull us through!

You teach me and I'll teach you.

Po-Ke-Mon!

Gotta wank them all!

Gotta wank them all!

Pokemon!

And THAT makes 7! Dante wins the rematch.

Now we shall wait for Cal to add this! Remember to remove Anakin vs Dante, and then put Dante against a stronger Pokémon as spite :)

KinkiestSins said:
Gargoyle One said:
About the last part Sins....

Mirage Mewtwo's a thing.
If we did mirage mew two, it would be a hax stomp in his favor.
But since I wanna be the very best

Like one ever was

To catch them is my real quest

To train them to 2-B is my cause.

I will travel across the wiki.

Searching far and wind.

Teach pokemon to understand.

The power thats hax.

Pokemon! (Gotta wank them all!) Its you and me!

I know its my destiny.

(Pokemon!)

Ooohhh your my best friend.

In a world we must solo.

Pokemon! (Gotta catch them all!) a heart so true!

Our NLFs will pull us through!

You teach me and I'll teach you.

Po-Ke-Mon!

Gotta wank them all!

Gotta wank them all!

Pokemon!

Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...

Now that was weird...

Have you been drinking alot lately, dude? I'm really afraid that your playing Pokemon GO! or something...

I will call an ambulance...

Gargoyle One said:
And THAT makes 7! Dante wins the rematch.

Now we shall wait for Cal to add this! Remember to remove Anakin vs Dante, and then put Dante against a stronger Pokémon as spite :)
Did someone say Dante vs Dialga?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back