• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mew Upgrade (?)

I suppose this makes sense, setting aside headcanon as has already been done.

I actually agree with this. Mew transformed into weaker Pokemon in order to give the PokePark protag even a chance to beat him, even describing Tyranitar as his favorite one to transform into.

Bumping this (necros are allowed now).

While catching up on the current anime, i've discovered in episode 46 (the one Mewtwo battles Ash and Goh) that Mew in the start of the episode was able to transform into Tapu Koko on a whim.

That now officially proves Mew has the DNA of the Tapu Guardians at its disposal like discussed before. So Mew should now definitely be rated as 4-B via transform.

Should he have a varies tier with transformations?
Thats the point of this thread. Or rather "was" since the thread died out.

Tl;dr for new readers: Ditto has a varying tier via transform, Mew's transformation hax > Dittos, so Mew should be given the same. Mew's transformation abilities would make him reach tier 4-B via having the DNA of 4-B mon (and because he transformed into Tapu Koko in the current anime, that further proves this).

This would scale to no one but Mew. Even Mewtwo doesnt.

Seriously?

I thought this was accepted and added already.
Nah sadly it died off, probably around the time of the forum move.

But yeah we still need to add this, especially with more confirmed evidnece that Mew can become 4-B Mons.

And now that Mew was able to become an Ultra Beast, that also raises the question on if Mew now has the DNA of interdimensional Pokemon (obviously excluding the god tiers).

Mew turned into Kartana, if my memory serves, which is a bit questionable, since how would Mew have the DNA of a "Pokemon" from another world. (& one so different regular Poke Balls are less effective.)
But other than that, I'm not sure there's much issue.

Well like I said before, that would also raise the question on if Mew now has the DNA of interdimensional-origin Pokemon (obviously excluding the god tiers).

Mew could be doing what ditto does and reshuffling some of its DNA to copy Pokémon/Ultra Beasts it sees if it lacks their DNA.

Anyways, I definitely agree with varies up to 4-B.

I mean, that option is very unlikely when Journeys makes it clear to us that its because of Mew having "all" pokemon genes when its shown transforming.

If he has all Pokèmon DNA why wouldn't he be able to reach 2-B?

I'd say no matter what he shouldn't have anything more than a likely/possibly regarding those two. Though, if he gets it... man, he might be one of the strongest characters in his tier

Last edited:
I honestly wouldn’t be surprised. With Goh having his sets sight on Mew as a main goal, it makes sense that Mews finally having his “has all Pokémon genes” lore get actually expanded on for once. And for us that’s great xD

I wouldn’t be surprised if Journeys pulled a “DNA existed since the time of the universes birth” nonsense and just said Mews DNA originated from Arceus o.o

Y'know, one valid argument against the all abilities part is that a lot of abilities have a passive, visual effect and I don't think Mew ever shows any of them

I’m pretty sure we aren’t giving Mew the abilities. Just the moves.

Arceus was the one who was argued to get the abilities since his evidence goes deeper with the whole “all Pokémon are part of Arceus” thing like the CT/LT are.

Last edited:
Mew should have Darkrai and Cresselia's abilities. To say that he won't makes 0 sense at all. There's literally nothing implying he doesn't other than "what if its an outlier mew can't be 2-B". By that logic Mew shouldn't be able to transform into UBs or Tapu Koko because they're 4-B

Its very likely that Mew has their abilities, just not on the same level of them exactly. He can have Darkrai's abilities without having his potency of hax or AP

Back