• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metroid: Revisions Return (Probably Part I)

SomebodyData

El SiD
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Retired
And I, to support the Chozo's marital strength, made the Power Suit. In other words, I gave birth to you!
Gonna need this for Mother Brain's context: https://metroid.retropixel.net/features/comics/metroidmanga/

• Mother Brai: Should obtain all the abilities of MB (Is the superior original of MB). Should gain Fusionism (Can merge with her body in Super Metroid), Immortality (Type 1 and 4, via her age and the ability to apparently resurrect in Super Metroid), Extrasensory Perception with Planetary+ range (Was able to detect something coming into orbit in the manga's fifth chapter, page 18.), removal of Regenerationn for shields (Replacing it with Teleportation/Matter Manipulation via Matter Transference as depicted in the manga's seventh chapter, page 18. Literally replaces the lost shield parts molecule by molecule), Information Analysis with Interstellar range (Routinely analyzed SR-388's condition in the manga, depicted chapter 2 page 16), Self-Information Manipulation (Altered her very 'code' in order to be able to add the derective to take over the very universe, in the second volume, chapter 11 page 15).
    • Feats Additions:
      • Created the original Power Suit for Samus Aran, an almost universally modular suit that combined both biotechnology and Chozo Magic. (Intellect feat)
      • Determined that the pirates had been genetically programmed to follow a strong leader and took control of the entirety of the Space Pirates organization the literal moment they had arrived on Zebes. (Intellect feat)
      • Was the 'center point' of the entire Chozo civilization for a century, in other words she analyzed and determined the most efficient methods for dealing with nearly everything for their race. (Intellect feat)
        • Would have eventually done so for the entire Milky Way Galaxy had she not gone evil.
  • Ing: Passive Corrosion Inducement as Ing Storm (Can corrode even the strongest alloys with energy they emit, even more so than the atmosphere itself. Killed 2 family Luminoth.)
  • Luminoth: Telekinesis, Clairvoyance, Forcefield Creation, Planetary Range with several abilities. U-Mos (The only active luminoth at the time) is significantly implied to be able to create telekinetic barriers across planet Aether. Immortality (Type 1, U-Mos has lived for 2.15 centicycles or about 645 years [A normal cycle is stated to be about 3 Earth years]), Resistance to Phazo (Can survive the air of Dark Aether for slightly extended periods, can increase their resistance with the light of Aether or the Dark Suit), Energy Manipulation (In the logbook, they were stated to have been augmented to have the ability to manipulate and generate energy, equal to the Chozo... speaking of which:
  • Chozo: Energy Manipulation (Apparently have that ability.), Planet level and Massively FTL+ (Described to be equals to the Luminoth, given that U-Mos is an elite member of their race this means that the average Chozo in their prime is pretty strong all in all.) with and without technology, also rename their first key to Composite Modern Chozo since the current name is kinda misleading. Finally, a key for the Tallon Chozo (Pre-Meteor Strike Lore), which I'm still working on to be honest. All I know is that they can see all of time and space, have ascended outside time and space, and no longer have tangible bodies. Seems like it will be a very Unknow key.
Oh yeah, Samus and Joey might get a volume collection for the last arc (EX), so uh, seems like Nintendo might actually care ;_;.

Holy hot damn! This is good. And Omnipresent wide precognition for Tallon Chozo?

Not sure if that's a thing. That stuff will probably have to be discussed as I find more info.

Just quoting you, "can see all time and space". It is what characters like Zanza has; where he sees the past, present, and future on an omnipresent scale. I think another term was Cosmic Awareness.

I was refering to "Omnipresent wide precognition". Yeah, the can see all time and space is just cosmic awareness.

Also, I think Mother Brain should receive an Intelligence to Extraordinary Genius. She is one OP Supercomputer among other things listed above, and I believe that could in turn scale to characters like Samus.

I agree with all of this, but have two questions for clarification.

1) (In regards to Mother Brain) "Was the 'center point' of the entire Chozo civilization for a century, in other words she analyzed and determined the most efficient methods for dealing with nearly everything for their race. (Intellect feat)"

"Would have eventually done so for the entire Milky Way Galaxy had she not gone evil."

First, where was it shown that Mother Brain was the center point of the Chozo civilization for over a century? I haven't read the backstory manga in a long while so I've probably forgotten some things.

Last, from my understanding Mother Brain was supposed to be limited to being a caretaker/overseer of Zebes and not the entire Milky Way. Besides, didn't Mother Brain rebel because Samus was chosen to be the Chozo's progeny while Mother Brain herself was going to be limited to Zebes/wasn't even considered for the position? From what I remember Mother Brain's role was to oversee Zebes and was never planned to go beyond that, so jealousy over Samus helped drive Mother Brain to rebel and side with the Space Pirates, unless I missed something.

2) "A normal cycle is stated to be about 3 Earth years."

Where was that stated? I don't remember the length of a cycle ever being listed anywhere. If several years are able to pass in one year of the Cosmic Calender, it would make sense why Zero Mission and most of the Prime series seem to take place in the year 20X5 while Federation Force and beyond seem to take place in 20X6. the timeline has always been weird so this in't the place to discuss that though.

She scales from the abilities MD from Other M did; as she's still a far more advanced computer than MD. MD was just a cheap knock off of the real Mother Brain, but still has neat abilities.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
She scales from the abilities MD from Other M did; as she's still a far more advanced computer than MD. MD was just a cheap knock off of the real Mother Brain, but still has neat abilities.
^What is this referring to? My questions were about being reminded of lore stuff.

SD probably has more information, but being intended to just be limited to Zebes doesn't mean she's incapable of finding ways to reach areas outside of Zebes. Otherwise, she never would have found a way to conquer the galaxy.

1. I don't have the exact scan on me, I'll provide it when I get back to my laptop

2. In a MP2 Q and A, I'll also provide it eventually

DarkDragonMedeus said:
SD probably has more information, but being intended to just be limited to Zebes doesn't mean she's incapable of finding ways to reach areas outside of Zebes. Otherwise, she never would have found a way to conquer the galaxy.
Ah, I understand. How SD worded the original thread made me think that it insinuated that Mother Brain is the center of the Chozo Civilization and was intended to go beyond that. Just a communication error I guess.

SomebodyData said:
2. In a MP2 Q and A, I'll also provide it eventually
I think I remember the Q&A you're talking about, is it this one: https://shinesparkers.net/features/metroid-prime-2-dark-echoes-qa/.

By the way, Speed Echoes was mentioned a while back. I know I joked about Immeasurable speed, but it sounds like Duplication; when she crashes with speed booster, the after images start to behave like intangible homing attacks. And then surpass even the Screwattack as the most damaging attack in the game.

It sounds more like afterimages that can damage you rather than duplication tbh

True, that's literally what they are. But the problem is that afterimages don't normally attack and these ones definitely do; so it's more than just afterimage creation.

They're not really solid either; they do phase through walls and such. But they still attack and do massive damage.

Do we still need more input? And how's the Tallon Chozo research coming along?

I'll probably continue that when I'm done updating the PMMM stuffs.

Well we have the input of 3 members, would prefer at least one more.

We could ask Wok about giving his two cents. He did mention that he played some Metroid games in the past so he might be knowledgeable enough

I know OP doesn't count, but there was input from me, Glass, and Hunter. But Cal's input would also be helpful; and Wok would also be good. And I think Prom has sometimes commented on Metroid threads but she's probably busy.

If I don't mention something I think its fine

Mother Brai

• I don't think hundreds of years on its own gives you type 1 immortality, it'd default to Longevity.
  • Wouldn't replacing shields molecule by molecule still constitute High regen?
  • Extraordinary Genius seems fine, with feats being listed. Could also use info analysis feats to support this.

Sure. Edit away

Looks great for Mother Brain's additions! Although, we don't use "+" signs for range ratings iirc. So instead of planetary+ it should say at least planetary or something.

Forgot to edit the Luminoth page, though the Chozo one really is a long way away.

PMMM revisions > PMMM & Metroid Profile Creation > Chozo Research

Well, you better hurry it up or else you'll get spammed with memes like this Okay, no problem, just keeping the thread alive.

Back