• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metroid (creature) Clarification and Tier Placement

First, the names could use a change. Metroid (species) refers to the Metroids that come from SR388, and not the Metroids seen on Tallon IV or any of the other Metroid Prime games. Every Metroid in the Prime series seems to originate from Tallon IV in some way. This clarification could probably be corrected by simply changing the name from Metroid (species) to Metroid (SR388 variation). That takes a bit longer to say, but Metroid (species) seems way too broad, like it could mean anything. Second, the SR388 Metroids shouldn't be low tier, they should at least be comparable to the Tallon IV Metroids. However, the Tallon Metroid's tier rating overall is unknown for everything, so that needs to be dealt with too. I don't think Tallon Metroids should be any higher than the SR388 Metroids, since from my experience, the SR388 Metroids are far more dangerous than the Tallon Metroids. I don't remember how much damage each type of Metroid deals off the top of my head, but SR388 Metroids are inherently far more durable than Tallon IV Metroids for 2 reasons.

1) SR388 Metroids, when not frozen, can only be killed by Power Bombs, and it takes 3 Power Bombs to kill larval Metroids in Super Metroid. When frozen, SR388 Metroids take 5 Missiles or 1 Super Missile to kill. All types of Tallon Metroids from Prime 1 can be killed by 1 Power Bomb, and when frozen, it only takes 1 regular Missile to kill them. Not only that, but Samus can kill Tallon IV Metroids without freezing them and without Power Bombs. 2-3 Charge Shots are all that it takes depending on what beam is used.

2) SR388 Metroids can evolve into larger, more powerful and durable forms. Once an SR388 Metroid turns into an Alpha Metroid (going off of Metroid 2), they can no longer be frozen, the only weapon being able to damage them is Missiles. Note that in Metroid Fusion, an Omega Metroid is capable of being harmed by the SA-X's/Samus' Ice/Wave/Plasma Beam if shot in the membrane on the Omega's chest. The Omega Metroid in Metroid 2 takes a maximum of 40 Missiles to kill, although shooting it in the back deals more damage. Not counting Dark Samus, the largest and most powerful version of Tallon Metroids were the Metroid Hatcher and its durability stats are bit wonky depending. Normally it's immune to all damage until stunned, but if you use the X-Ray Visor and Nova Beam, it dies in one shot. Phazon Metroids from Prime 3 are also capable of being killed with one Nova Beam shot when targeting its weak spot with the X-Ray Visor.

I could say a little more, but this initial post is long enough I think. TL;DR: From my experience, SR388 Metroids are more powerful, durable, and overall more dangerous than Tallon Metroids (not counting Dark Samus), yet SR388 Metroids are below Tallon Metroids on the Tier scale. Also, the Tallon Metroid Tier rating is unknown across the board, which needs to be fixed.

I have renamed "Metroid (species)" to "Metroid (SR388 Variation)".

I do not have an opinion about the rest, but would appreciate staff input.

Actually, the "SR388 variation" are the original Metroids created by Old Bird. The Tallon IV variation are a different variation of the original Metroids, presumeably Plantium Crest had gained the information of the Metroid's biological make up during their meeting in Zebes prior to the Space Pirates' invasion, and because all the aflourite had been destroyed by the space pirates, the variation was likely created by the Tallon branch to adapt to the change.

Sadly, the name has already been switched.

2. Actually with all the upgrades and changes in Metroid's stats here, the tier placements on the verse page are outdated, which (now that I'm back) will probably have to correct shortly.

3. While this won't technically be on the tier verse page, I would like to note that nearly all phazon enhanced metroids are incredibly more durable/ stronger than the SR388 variation, as the fact that the unknown ratng comes from the fact that they face against a significantly superior Samus (Via PED Suit) to the point where it had to be placed at unknown. Also, the fact that the Nova beam one shots when it is specfically made to bypass dura by hitting internal body parts really isn't much of a point that would decrease the stats, as we don't know what the Nova Beam would do to the Omega Metroid, and considering that even the Plasma beam (The strongest beam in Metroid 2 and Super Metroid) is considered a Mid Tier weapon in MP3, I would say that the Nova Beam is probably significantly higher.

You can change back the name if you wish.

Back