• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metro Man Upgrade - Death Ray Edition.

Again, I'm fine with possibly. I think the implications are there.

I've found the link to the tweet
Very good.

I'm fine with a possibly rating. However, I got to ask this question.

Do we have any reason to scale Metro Man's Attack Potency to his Durability? Because this is looking like a case of durability scaling and that's it. I could be misremembering the movie but I don't remember Metro Man hurting/damaging anything on par with himself.

Or were we just talking about durability scaling in the first place, if so you can ignore that point.

Also, we're suggesting At least Small Town level, possibly Small City level?

To be honest I could see him getting a Likely instead of a possibly, he's got strong evidence for upscaling the entire verse

"Attack Potency: At least Small Town level (Superior to Tighten, who was completely terrified and immediately conceded when he saw Megamind disguised as Metro Man. This was a plan devised by Megamind, who gave Tighten his powers, implying that even Megamind does not consider Tighten to be Metro Man's level. Megamind's Metro City suit was designed to mimic Metro Man's powers), possibly/likely Small City level (Megamind got surprised that Metroman didn´t survive the Death Ray, implying that he was expecting him to do so, with the Death Ray being this powerful. Stated by WOG to "probably" be able to survive the Death Ray. When narrating his life to the viewer, Megamind described Metroman as "Invulnerable", what implies he considers Metroman as far superior to his technology and weapons)"

This should work as a justification

I think that a "Possibly/likely" rating works better on this case

Not, evidently, weakened significantly enough for Megamind to consider it a done deal, one way or the other, though. You're arbitrarily assuming that this weakness made it one way rather than the other, I don't really get why.

My vote stands.
Disconcerning everything else -- it's honestly irrelevant given you've already agreed to at least a "Possibly" rating -- that's two staff approvals.

Can one of you please unlock the Metro Man profile?

Do we have any reason to scale Metro Man's Attack Potency to his Durability? Because this is looking like a case of durability scaling and that's it. I could be misremembering the movie but I don't remember Metro Man hurting/damaging anything on par with himself.
There is a bunch of narrative implication that Metro Man is superior to like, everything Megamind can do -- but I don't think that's enough to warrant him scaling to his AP. I'm fine with just the Dura scaling for now.

You know, why is the Death Ray only Small City Level? Doesn't it use the concentrated power of the sun, which produces around 3.8 x 10²⁶ joules every second?

You know, why is the Death Ray only Small City Level? Doesn't it use the concentrated power of the sun, which produces around 3.8 x 10²⁶ joules every second?
don't know the timeframe for how much of the sun's power it actually took, it's more reasonable to just scale it off the actual explosion it makes

Back