• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metro Man Downgrades

Assaltwaffle

VS Battles
Retired
Well, let's get into it.

1. Attack Potency & Durability: The best feat that Tighten (and thus Metro Man, who scales to him) has is this. A strong hit to be sure, but that's not a 8-B feat. The hit demolished part of a skyscraper, and even then it didn't completely bring it down.

Tighten and Metro Man should be either 8-C or High 8-C, depending (a calc can be done for this, but I don't think it's necessary).

2. Speed Metro Man and Tighten aren't FTL. Even if Metro Man lived out an entire day in 1 frame of the movie (he disappear in a single frame for his "day") that would make him 2,073,583.411 faster than normal (movies run at 24 FPS, usually, and being absent for 1 frame and living 24 hours in 1/24th of a second would yield this. For movement speed of 7.7 m/s this would make Metro Man 15,966,592.267 m/s, or 5.326% SoL. Sub-Relativistic.

But he actually has a non-calcable better feat. When he moves in this super-fast speed, he is blueshifted/redshifted. While he doesn't follow the standard rules of color shifting, it shows he is relativistic to some degree. So "At least Sub-Relativistic+, likely Relativistic+" for his speed.

If he is indeed able to melt entire buildings, his 8-B rating is justified and could be even higher, since melting the average skyscraper is 7-A

He never melts a building; idk where that feat is from. The only thing he melts is the back of Megamind's robot and a Megamind dummy.

Before the fight with Megamind, he is shown engraving his new name for the city into the metropolitan area before he was called down by Roxanne Ritchie to talk. He does this by using his laser vision in order to create a molten red cursive name which could be seen from miles above the city. Not sure what this accounts for, but...

That would probably need to be calced. Do you have a clip of that happening? It isn't in his fight.

If it is done over-time and not in one shot it wouldn't be fair to lump it into one attack.

While I can't show the clip of the event happening (I'm still looking, mind you), here's a picture of the end result.

The Tightenville
BTW, I was wrong about the cursive. He obviously spelled it in print.

Oh lord that is really odd. Messes with the eyes hard since the perspective is so terrible.

He achieved this effect by flying through the city and using his laser vision to melt anything he needed to in order to create this effect. It does mess with the eyes a bit, but the results are undeniable.

I heard, that Metro Man's FTL rating came from outracing the Satellite laser actually, but the justification on his profile doesn't specify it. And I'm not sure if that's really an FTL feat either way. So I agree with Assalt on the speed. As for AP, I suppose if the calc in that image could get calc'd, then we may scale from that feat.

We have to know how long it took him to carve that word, though. If it took him a while he would need to divide it down to output per second.

The problem with that is that it never shows him carving out the whole thing, as far as I know. It most likely only showed the latter half of it as well as the finishing touches.

If I could just get the footage, then you wouldn't have to rely on my word of mouth.

He flys in a carve, they it panels over to what he was making then he makes a dot for the i and that's all we see.

I think that this seems to make sense, but would prefer some kind of calculations to scale from.

> And I'm not sure if that's really an FTL feat either way.

For context it seems like Megamind's death ray uses focused sunlight as its main firing source.

Well being solar powered =/= literal light. I do think that he could get a "possibly/likely FTL" with that as the reasoning for it.

Can you link the skyscraper throw? All I see is him slamming Megamind's robot through one.

Yeah, that's right. He throws a skyscraper at Megamind (Minion, really) while he's trying to save Roxanne right before their initial fight.

Oh right. That can probably be easily calced if we have the scene of it. Skyscraper weight with whatever speed it shows to get KE.

Probably best to take care of this after the stellar tier revisions. I'm going try to and organize them tomorrow.

Assaltwaffle said:
Probably best to take care of this after the stellar tier revisions. I'm going try to and organize them tomorrow.
Well, he said this would be taken care of after the stellar revisions... This may be a necro, but maybe we can kick the dead horse?

I'm all for the speed downgrade, though I believe sub-relativistic is a likely or possibly.

While we're here I'll bring up some other things.

After rewatching the movie, Megamind should have:

Smoke Manipulation: At the beginning of the movie, as a child, he creates a smoke bomb.

Attack Reflection: The device he creates at the beginning to defend himself against the dodgeballs reflects projectiles back at the senders.

Shapeshifting: His watch actually does this as opposed to Illusions, though he still should have Illusion Creation as the entrance to his lair is disguised with a holographic display of a normal brick wall.

Summoning: He can summon the brain bots-- enough of them to create a massive version of his head.

Empathic Manipulation and/or Morality Manipulation: Although not explicitly demonstrated, his dehydration gun has several other settings, one of which is "Demoralize."

Megamindgun
Some of the other settings include Decompress, Debilitate, Deregulate, and Destroy. Dunno what to classify them as in terms of a P&A section.

Megamindgun1
2019-05-19 (11)
Megamindgun2
Power Mimicry: He was able to replicate Metro Man's powers from his DNA.

Explosion Manipulation: Via dynamite... yeah.

Of course this is all with prep time.

As for Metro Man/Tighten:

Absorption and/or Resistance to Fire Manipulation: At the beginning, as a child, Metro Man inhales a fire that Megamind had accidentally caused.

Telescopic Vision: Tighten uses this to stalk Roxanne from far away.

Everything except Absorption seems good, as long as Megamind has prep for the other haxes being proposed.

Metro Man simply sucked up the fire to put it out, much like how Superman would in the comics. Unless Superman got Absorption from something like that, it should just be Resistance.

Assaltwaffle said:
Well being solar powered =/= literal light. I do think that he could get a "possibly/likely FTL" with that as the reasoning for it.
Megamind - Metro Man is back from the dead
Megamind - Metro Man is back from the dead

About 1:35 to 1:45 where he mentioned that he use his own super speed to the point it eventually seems as though time itself has stopped.

Back