• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Meth Cooker vs Serial Killer (Heisenberg vs Patrick Bateman) (0-5-1)

Oh btw isn't Walt's pipe bomb completely useless since it's not like a grenade where he can just pull the pin to make it explode?

its only useful if walter can lure patrick into the bomb's vicinity. which he can't, because patrick instantly shoots him in the face.

if memory serves Patrick wrecking shit and blowing up ******* cars with a few handgun shots was all a dream sequence, hence the stupidity of it. so those feats should not be a factor.

if speed wasn't equal "hey Walter" violently rushes Walt with axe before he can draw his gun

with speed equal? don't know.

with that being said, Mike flattens Patrick due to the immense skill and intelligence difference in every combat relevant area. mentioning this because someone mentioned Mike against Patrick in this thread.

Last edited:
if memory serves Patrick wrecking shit and blowing up ******* cars with a few handgun shots was all a dream sequence, hence the stupidity of it. so those feats should not be a factor.
i’m pretty sure that was through hitting a certain part of the car, although i’m not sure if it would be possible in real life. i feel like including american psycho on this wiki is like including diary of a wimpy kid, we have no idea what anyone actually did or didn’t do because the narrator is extremely unreliable. in fact american psycho might be even worse than diary of a wimpy kid considering that patrick is completely insane and doesn’t perceive the world properly at all. i don’t think cherry-picking feats is a great idea because we don’t even know if he actually kills people, imo we should either take it at face value or the profile shouldn’t exist
if speed wasn't equal "hey Walter" violently rushes Walt with axe before he can draw his gun

with speed equal? don't know.
patrick is a serial killer so he’s naturally more experienced with killing people directly. walter has killed people before but it’s not an instinct to him like it is to patrick and he doesn’t have weapon mastery

i’m pretty sure that was through hitting a certain part of the car, although i’m not sure if it would be possible in real life. i feel like including american psycho on this wiki is like including diary of a wimpy kid, we have no idea what anyone actually did or didn’t do because the narrator is extremely unreliable. in fact american psycho might be even worse than diary of a wimpy kid considering that patrick is completely insane and doesn’t perceive the world properly at all. i don’t think cherry-picking feats is a great idea because we don’t even know if he actually kills people, imo we should either take it at face value or the profile shouldn’t exist

patrick is a serial killer so he’s naturally more experienced with killing people directly. walter has killed people before but it’s not an instinct to him like it is to patrick and he doesn’t have weapon mastery
i mean him not killing anyone isn't really based on anything implied significantly. the dream sequence though was pretty explicitly a dream.

we've only seen Patrick kill helpless unaware victims. usually women at that. Walter has actually fought resisting hostile enemies. Patrick may be better at assassinations/stealth. but in a direct encounter, i don't see how his feats of murdering unarmed women unaware of his intentions gives him a combat advantage against Walter. he should be stronger and faster due to his build but that's about it. and the latter factor was removed due to the OP.

oh so patrick isn't all that good with guns after all? weird.

Anyway they're five meters apart, if Patrick gets in close and stabs Walter a bunch of times he's dead. Walter could shoot him before Patrick could do that but it seems unlikely considering that he's also not a deadshot by any means

i mean him not killing anyone isn't really based on anything implied significantly.
it’s based on him being an extremely unreliable narrator, which is outright confirmed.
the dream sequence though was pretty explicitly a dream.
it’s not a dream, patrick makes a call to his lawyer at that point which is brought up later at the end.
we've only seen Patrick kill helpless unaware victims.
we saw him kill police officers. probably wasn't real, but it's kind of impossible to know
usually women at that.
no comment
Walter has actually fought resisting hostile enemies.
i don’t think walter’s been in a proper gunfight before either. jack and the drug dealer who was about to kill jesse were both already severely injured when walter killed them, and walter took mike’s gun before he killed him. the only time he may have killed someone in this sort of scenario was in the season 4 finale, where he killed two of gus’s men offscreen.
Anyway they're five meters apart, if Patrick gets in close and stabs Walter a bunch of times he's dead.
gun > knife. trying to get up close to someone who goes for point blank headshots is not a very good idea.
Walter could shoot him before Patrick could do that but it seems unlikely
walter can draw his gun in just under a second. speed is equal so patrick's speed advantage means nothing (plus his current rating is bullshit anyways)
considering that he's also not a deadshot by any means
i don't think he's ever missed a shot. in fact he usually lands a headshot. it doesn't help that patrick is trying to get close, meaning walter hardly needs to aim.

Last edited:
it’s based on him being an extremely unreliable narrator, which is outright confirmed.

it’s not a dream, patrick makes a call to his lawyer at that point which is brought up later at the end.

we saw him kill police officers. probably wasn't real, but it's kind of impossible to know

no comment

i don’t think walter’s been in a proper gunfight before either. jack and the drug dealer who was about to kill jesse were both already severely injured when walter killed them, and walter took mike’s gun before he killed him. the only time he may have killed someone in this sort of scenario was in the season 4 finale, where he killed two of gus’s men offscreen.

gun > knife. trying to get up close to someone who goes for point blank headshots is not a very good idea.

walter can draw his gun in just under a second. speed is equal so patrick's speed advantage means nothing (plus his current rating is bullshit anyways)

i don't think he's ever missed a shot. in fact he usually lands a headshot. it doesn't help that patrick is trying to get close, meaning walter hardly needs to aim.
the call was a thing, but i think the fact he unrealistically blew up a car at long range with a few handgun shots shows the police encounter was a hallucination/dream. and this isn't an action movie where stupid shit like that just happens. sure you can say Patrick is an unreliable narrator, but that's a theory backed with only a minor amount of evidence since he only seems to be going crazy later on. versus major evidence of him doing something entirely unrealistic in an otherwise fairly grounded movie. all of Patrick's impressive feats are coincidentally when he visually is getting detached from reality like the "feed cat" scene. not ever before. you can say we may not truly know but deducing probabilities based on the analyzed evidence is a thing.

honestly with speed equal there is no reason they aren't shooting each other at the same time at close range. they both are competent in firing guns, even if nothing special. speed is the biggest deciding factor here at close range with guns. and speed is equal. they both can aim. so they both kill each other. OP should've put more variables in the the fight like starting at a longer range with cover and speed unequal. would've been more interesting.

oh and to the OP. yeah i'm voting incon.

Last edited:
the call was a thing, but i think the fact he unrealistically blew up a car at long range with a few handgun shots shows the police encounter was a hallucination/dream.
i think it’s probably a dream as well, but my point is that it makes everything else we see from his perspective unreliable. similar to greg heffley claiming that he remembers life before he was born, which invalidates just about everything else he writes about himself in his diary.
sure you can say Patrick is an unreliable narrator, but that's a theory backed with only a minor amount of evidence
he hallucinates several times, all the evidence of his murders just disappears, paul is stated to be on the same trip that patrick supposedly made up as an excuse for his absence, there’s a fair amount of evidence that many of the events in american psycho just don’t happen
since he only seems to be going crazy later on.
patrick was never sane, he just loses control as the story continues. as he says, his mask of sanity is starting to slip.
all of Patrick's impressive feats are coincidentally when he visually is getting detached from reality like the "feed cat" scene
the feed cat scene isn’t a feat, so i don’t know what you mean by that. him blowing up cars wouldnt be much of a feat either (assuming it’s real, which it almost certainly isn’t), he accidentally got a lucky shot on a specific part of the car (probably the gas tank as that’s a popular trope) and was clearly shocked when the car exploded
you can say we may not truly know but deducing probabilities based on the analyzed evidence is a thing.
patrick’s personality is that of an insane, schizophrenic psychopath. the story outright makes zero sense if you maintain the belief that he is a reliable narrator who perceives reality as the average person does.
honestly with speed equal there is no reason they aren't shooting each other at the same time at close range. they both are competent in firing guns, even if nothing special. speed is the biggest deciding factor here at close range with guns. and speed is equal. they both can aim. so they both kill each other.
i’d argue walter has shown more skill with a gun, while patrick has more experience. walter’s draw has more to do with skill than physical speed, as he got it through practice and repetition, meaning it should still apply here. however patrick has been shown using his gun more, and as a serial killer he’s probably used it many times before the story begins. patrick also doesn’t really have any inhibitions and takes genuine pleasure in killing people. meanwhile walter sees murder as more of a necessity than a hobby and prefers not to kill people if he doesn’t have to, so i think he’d hesitate slightly more. it can go either way imo, still going with incon but may change my vote later. one of them probably has like a 50.1% chance of winning but im not sure who

Back