• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s, what,

Deku: 6

M.S.: 1

so far?

Wrong, I think it’s 4. Possibly 5, if you include the first dude that said Midoriya takes it.

Ok, I have been watching this from the sidelines this entire time and this thread seemed to starting to go in circles. I suggest we wrap this up quickly before it gets any worse then it already is.

Deku FRA.
First off, why?

Axxtentacle only arguement for Deku "Keeping up with Metal" is the Analytical Prediction​

Jesus, why not just consider their Analytical Prediction as Non-Factors for the match and focus on their other advantages?

He has yet to use anything else to say Deku can keep up with:

1. Goes 0 to 100 in Speed far faster than Deku because of the scaling to Sonic's Acceleration

2. Creates AfterImages

3. Has a Speed Amp technique he can use on the ground.

4. Can predict Deku's moves without thinking, while Deku needs to think about his opponent to predict them

5. And has better mobility in the air to fly, due to the nature of both of their abilites to fly, Deku needs to constantly be on the move to fly with Metal can choose to hover.

And Metal has feats of flying to a high altitude than Deku and still fly perfectly fine without exhaustion, lasted for an entire day.

And this is exactly why, you keep bringing up points that have been addressed by Axxtentacle, so much in fact that he thinks you are stonewalling.

Hence, why we should speed things up.

And this is exactly why, you keep bringing up points that have been addressed by Axxtentacle, so much in fact that he thinks you are stonewalling.

Hence, why we should speed things up.
What points? All I saw was Analytical Prediction

He didn't even address After Images

First off, why?

Axxtentacle only arguement for Deku "Keeping up with Metal" is the Analytical Prediction​

You’ve also said that Metal would stay in the air a lot, to “gain an advantage”, where his speed amp doesn’t work. Also, the speed amp is still to an unknown degree. Saying it gives Metal a big lead on Izuku is literally NLF.

I’ve LITERALLY ADDRESSED THESE, but i’ll do it again.

1. Goes 0 to 100 in Speed far faster than Deku because of the scaling to Sonic's Acceleration
This is a part of combat speed if it’s attacks, and reaction speed if it’s just recovering from momentum.
2. Creates AfterImages
AOE ***** this.
To an unknown degree.
4. Can predict Deku's moves without thinking, while Deku needs to think about his opponent to predict them
He has to process the moves he sees, which is, technicality wise, thinking.
5. And has better mobility in the air to fly, due to the nature of both of their abilites to fly, Deku needs to constantly be on the move to fly with Metal can choose to hover.
No, we’ve already explained why Deku can easily maneuver in the air, you just seemed to entirely ignore that for the sake of your own argument.
And Metal has feats of flying to a high altitude than Deku and still fly perfectly fine without exhaustion, lasted for an entire day.
This is implying that Metal will literally be able to avoid all of Deku’s AOE attacks and hits for as long as 100% lasts. That’s a NLF.

I HAVE addressed the afterimages before, you just seem to conveniently forget parts of the thread when they don’t fit your argument.

I HAVE addressed the afterimages before, you just seem to conveniently forget parts of the thread when they don’t fit your argument.
Because you didn't concede on Analytical Prediction, I never properly addressed your other points

What points? All I saw was Analytical Prediction

He didn't even address After Images

Right.

Also I doubt afterimages would help given that he would be sensing Metal himself, not the afterimages he creates since they aren't actual physical things and as far as I know he can't "detect" things like that.

From what I see, Metal Sonic's regular Speed scales to Sonic's which is in at least low triple digits (As stated in the profile).

My estimates are:

Low Triple Digits: Mach 100 - 550

High Triple Digits: Mach 550 - 999

How great is the Speed Amp?

This is a part of combat speed if it’s attacks, and reaction speed if it’s just recovering from momentum.
So what prevents Metal from waiting Deku to tire out and then go in to fight?

AOE ***** this.
Only if Deku is closer enough

To an unknown degree.
Still faster than Deku

He has to process the moves he sees, which is, technicality wise, thinking.
Not in the same way as how Deku does

No, we’ve already explained why Deku can easily maneuver in the air, you just seemed to entirely ignore that for the sake of your own argument.
And I said Metal maneuver in the air better because he doesn't constantly need to attack the air to fly.

This is implying that Metal will literally be able to avoid all of Deku’s AOE attacks and hits for as long as 100% lasts. That’s a NLF.

Not if Metal choose to stay out Deku's range

Because you didn't concede on Analytical Prediction, I never properly addressed your other points
I... did...
That’s effectively what I mean when I say both users are able to use it to hit each other. That’s better wording than how i’ve said it, but it’s what my intention was.
Did you ignore this, just like you ignored quite a lot of other parts of the thread for your argument?

Also, another wincon for Deku is literally using Blackwhip to restrain Metal since he won’t know the technique. This is completely in character, and Metal doesn’t really have a way to get around this, other than “staying away” (which is already out of character like I said) so it’d basically come down to an all physical brawl, as that’s ALSO in character for Metal to go for.

From what I see, Metal Sonic's regular Speed scales to Sonic's which is in at least low triple digits (As stated in the profile).

My estimates are:

Low Triple Digits: Mach 100 - 550

High Triple Digits: Mach 550 - 999

How great is the Speed Amp?

Unknown, Axxtentacle is right on that

First off, why?

2. Creates AfterImages

His analytical prediction is a good argument considering it directly counters Metal’s own analytical prediction, while Metal’s doesn’t counter his. Saying “this is his only argument” means nothing if that argument defeats your own.

What does acceleration matter if Deku can react to him when he reaches the peak of his acceleration.

Are you claiming that Deku takes a long time to predict people? Or that his thinking is slow? He can formulate whole plans and tactical decision in less than the span it takes for someone to speak a sentence at him, yet he’s supposed to falter when faced with moves he literally learned already?

Metal needs to process too, machines are not automatic and instant. Just cause he’s a robot doesn’t mean he doesn’t think, processing speed is a thing that exists, and it couldn’t even overcome Sonic with such a thing.

Afterimages mean nothing to AoE that has kilometers of range, and that ability isn’t even on his page.

So what prevents Metal from waiting Deku to tire out and then go in to fight?
It’s. Not. In. Character. For. Him. To. Do.
Only if Deku is closer enough
It’s literally ranged AOE. With TENS OF KILOMETERS for range.
Still faster than Deku
To an unknown amount, so saying he can just dodge everything deku throws is NLF.
Not in the same way as how Deku does
Doesn’t matter. Literally entirely irrelevant.
And I said Metal maneuver in the air better because he doesn't constantly need to attack the air to fly.
We’ve addressed how it’s blatantly little effort kicks that move him around and it’s effectively just as mobile.
Not if Metal choose to stay out Deku's range
Which is OUT OF CHARACTER. He’s shown to clearly be a hand to hand fighter.

I mean, you still kept saying it's an advantage over Metal
I mean, if Metal tries to copy deku’s style, then it literally would give Deku an advantage since he already knows all of these techniques. It’d literally be him fighting himself but weaker and without all the extra abilities like Blackwhip and air blasts.

Don’t act like I didn’t give a REASON as to why it’s an advantage over metal, that’s strawmanning my argument to make it look worse. You’ve left out my actual reasoning for it every single time you’ve said this.

The speed amp seems like a useless argument since Deku has feats of predicting people faster than him, and the amp itself isn’t even noted to be anything other than “faster.” That argument is null.

Still takes time to reach Metal because of Speed Equal, which Metal surpasses with his own advantages to dodge
So what, Deku just stands still while Metal runs away? Isn’t Metal a close combat fighter? And would be copying Deku’s moves? Why would he be away from Deku.

I didn’t even consider the difference in lifting strength. What stops Deku from trying to grapple Metal and literally crushing him with the lifting strength?

His analytical prediction is a good argument considering it directly counters Metal’s own analytical prediction, while Metal’s doesn’t counter his. Saying “this is his only argument” means nothing if that argument defeats your own.
How does Deku counter Metal but not the other way around?

What does acceleration matter if Deku can react to him when he reaches the peak of his acceleration.
Depending how long the fight lasts, Deku with run out of stamina to reach top speed all the time, and will have to take a breather. Metal doesn't. If Deku rushes again, his acceleration would factor.

Are you claiming that Deku takes a long time to predict people? Or that his thinking is slow? He can formulate whole plans and tactical decision in less than the span it takes for someone to speak a sentence at him, yet he’s supposed to falter when faced with moves he literally learned already?
No, but why does it outclass Metal's?

Metal needs to process too, machines are not automatic and instant. Just cause he’s a robot doesn’t mean he doesn’t think, processing speed is a thing that exists, and it couldn’t even overcome Sonic with such a thing.
Sonic states Metal knew everything Sonic was going to do and had the upper hand the whole fight. Metal would've won if it wasn't for Tails(Outside Help).

Afterimages mean nothing to AoE that has kilometers of range, and that ability isn’t even on his page.
Afterimages mostly factor if Deku is chasing Metal and trying to use Black Whip if Metal is close by for Deku's Black Whip to reach, which lends to the usefulness of Afterimages

Metal’s analytical prediction is based on him copying your moves to counter your fighting style.

Deku’s fighting style is copied from others he has analyzed.

Metal would literally become Deku, who is worse version of people he’s already seen in action and fought. Metal’s analysis would hinder him here.

Metal’s analytical prediction is based on him copying your moves to counter your fighting style.
Well, the OVA doesn't really state that. The reason Metal knows Sonic's Super Peel Out was because he was created from Sonic's Life Force, but his analytical prediction is separate from that. He knew everything Sonic was going to do in the middle of the fight.

Deku’s fighting style is copied from others he has analyzed.
Yeah, but he had to train at it in order to make it work, like Iida's fighting style.

Metal would literally become Deku, who is worse version of people he’s already seen in action and fought. Metal’s analysis would hinder him here.
Er, OVA Metal Sonic isn't Game Metal Sonic from Sonic Heroes. OVA was stated to just know what his opponent was going to do.

He knows what people are going to do because he records their fighting style. Deku training for his fighting style means nothing because he knows how to counter it, as he based it off people he has learned to counter.

OVA Sonic’s analytical prediction is credited on his profile to be due to copying the opponents moves. If you’re arguing that isn’t true, then he shouldn’t have it at all, or it should be limited to Sonic only, and therefore not combat applicable for others. You’re just making your stance worse here.

Your afterimage point is your worst argument by the way. Afterimages aren’t even on Metal’s profile, because the only example you’re bringing up is one where he doesn’t use it for the purpose you’re saying he can use it for. He has never used afterimages to dodge attacks, and the example given could be due to his speed in comparison to Sonic falling, not an inherent ability.

He has never used afterimages to dodge attacks, and the example given could be due to his speed in comparison to Sonic falling, not an inherent ability.

"due to his speed in comparison to Sonic falling" is factually wrong, because faster speed was consistently shown to make characters disappear if they were going faster than others.

The point was that Metal has the ability available to him but I don't see the point of continuing this thread anymore.

"due to his speed in comparison to Sonic falling" is factually wrong, because faster speed was consistently shown to make characters disappear if they were going faster than others.

The point was that Metal has the ability available to him but I don't see the point of continuing this thread anymore.
Then why did he not display any afterimages after that fact? Because at this point it doesn’t even matter if he can do it or not, because he clearly doesn’t use it to dodge attacks like you’re claiming

Then why did he not display any afterimages after that fact? Because at this point it doesn’t even matter if he can do it or not, because he clearly doesn’t use it to dodge attacks like you’re claiming
Because both Sonic and Metal Sonic

* Have equal speed

* Knows each of their moves

* Would know the Super Peel Out move

* Can Fly. Sonic can Pseudo Flight like Deku(Speeding through the air) but Metal actually has flight, giving him the advantage

and Metal was still winning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back