• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metal Bat/Sage Centipede scaling

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Qawsedf234 Do you have any opinions on the recent inputs?
Nothing said has changed my mind on the subject. Resonance directly make MB stronger because he's bouncing off of Garou. Without Garou being present he would not be able to reach that state. He doesn't need some second key, but his 6-A scaling to Sage needs to be under its own section like with the CSRC.

For speed I still don't think he should scale to Garou. The narration even noted that he was much slower than Garou.

Shouldn't Badd's Bat at least get its own tier due to blocking attacks for Sage Centipede (The thing was designed by Metal Knight to be unbreakable)

Nothing said has changed my mind on the subject. Resonance directly make MB stronger because he's bouncing off of Garou. Without Garou being present he would not be able to reach that state. He doesn't need some second key, but his 6-A scaling to Sage needs to be under its own section like with the CSRC.

For speed I still don't think he should scale to Garou. The narration even noted that he was much slower than Garou.
But Bat himself was able to take a long string of Sage's punches before it started to bleed and was thrown out of the ring. This is literally marked as Fighting Spirit, not the result of Resonance. That's why I insisted before scaling his fighting spirit to "At least 6-C+".

And I don’t know where there are any doubts about Bad’s speed, when he is able to surprise Garou with speed, react to his attacks, and literally go toe-to-toe with him during the resonance. This point has been discussed many times and supported by users.
Garou says that if the Bat can't keep up with him, then let him run away. Bad eventually catches up with him.

This is literally marked as Fighting Spirit, not the result of Resonance
He would always be under the influence of Resonance as long as he was around Garou. Just because it was explained later doesn't mean it wasn't always present. Bat gets a massive amp when around him and only preformed those feats after being near Garou.

Looking at the fight myself, I feel like a combination of two and three are what I think fit best. Metal bat has a clear feat in breaking off Sage Centipede's mandibles after getting his fighting spirit amp where he could only barely sting his shell before, and the statement given right after the fact supports this is only thanks to his Fighting Spirit. I think there should be some downscaling in terms of speed for both Sage Centipede and Metal Bat, since it looks like for the most part that Garou has the speed advantage, but not to the degree that these two shouldn't scale at all. And finally, with Resonance and Amplification, I feel it fair to give full scaling to Metal Bat in speed to Garou and a combined higher rating for both in speed and Ap since the goal of the attack was to both blitz and damage Sage Centipede all over and due to the explanation given.

My only concern is: Was MB under the influence of the Resonance when freed the helicopter or that was his own power?
Looks like only Fighting Spirit, since he mentions how he's pumped up right after the fact and since Garou isn't attacking with him in that moment.

He would always be under the influence of Resonance as long as he was around Garou. Just because it was explained later doesn't mean it wasn't always present. Bat gets a massive amp when around him and only preformed those feats after being near Garou.
Do you have proof of this?
Bat directly presents this as a fighting spirit and knows his capabilities. Even so, Sage still didn't feel threatened by the hero, and the resonance only kicked in during the combo attack.

Plus Resonance doesn't seem to be a temporary buff, considering Garou got stronger and slashed Centipede when Bad was no longer around. This emphasizes that it's not some sort of magical booster when it's just the two of them. But just an accelerator of their abilities.

Do you have proof of this?
The narration states that MB builds off of Garou to get stronger. As long as he's near Garou he would obtain a strengh increase. It also makes much sense than way rather than him randomly jumping to 6-C or 6-A with less effort than he put into Elder Centipede and Garou in their first encounter.

considering Garou got stronger and slashed Centipede when Bad was no longer around.
Garou always has fighting spirit active and unlike MB his monsterization allows him to retain his power increases. He was always going to get stronger irrelevant of Metal Bat being there. The same is not true when you reverse it. Bat need Garou, Garou does not need Bat.

Plus Resonance doesn't seem to be a temporary buff,
You're confusing my point here. I'm saying Metal Bat hasn't been shown to naturally achieve this level of strength without resonance. Given enough time he could maybe reach it on his own, but it wouldn't be anywhere near as rapid as it wa in the fight. So for profiling sake it's better to just throw it into a new rating since it's not going to be achievable in a standard fight.

I don't agree that as long as Garou is near Metal Bat that means he's being amped with resonance. Mainly because the explanation for Resonance and Amplification only points to that occurring when they did their combo attack together in that one instance. And I don't think it fair to say that Metal Bat put in less effort in this fight, since he's taking on someone whose so much more powerful than either Elder Centipede or Pre-Monsterization Garou. As his Fighting Spirit is described, it only makes sense that he gets a stronger amp from the hits he takes from Sage Centipede than what he got from the other two.

Also, I think it's completely unfair to think that resonance is what Bad needs, but not what Garou needs. Prior to Resonance, Garou could only deal serious damage to Sage's face, but was never shown as a shell-piercing weapon.

By the way, that's why I think we should give Sage a key with "6666 GLD", scaling only durability to that. The rest of his attacks harm the early Garou and Bat, but do not incapacitate, which breaks the logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back