• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metal Bat/Sage Centipede scaling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick_Zero_X

She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator
It was said every topic in this thread should get its own CRT, so let’s discuss whether Metal Bat and Sage Centipede scale to Garou or not based on their recent performances (and whether or not Metal Bat can scale to Sage Centipede).

Ch 157
Ch 158

Suggestions​

Option 1: Limited Acceptance (Metal Bat is in no way comparable to Garou or Sage Centipede on his own, though should potentially receive a separate key for resonance, or scale the durability of his bat to Sage Centipede. Sage Centipede does not scale to Garou speed-wise)

Option 2: Partial Acceptance (Metal Bat and/or his bat should scale to Garou or SC durability-wise, only receiving comparable speed and/or AP with resonance/fighting spirit. Sage Centipede does not scale to Garou speed-wise)

Option 3: Scaling Galore (Outright scale Metal Bat and Garou’s reactions/combat speed to Garou’s, perhaps as a possibly rating or just with Fighting Spirit, and treat the level of power Metal Bat achieved against Sage Centipede as something he could achieve by himself)

Last edited:
I support Option #3. Sage should massively downscale from Garou, as he usually blitzes, but SC should be in the same eschelon of speed as Garou.

The resonance gives a massive boost in power, but Metal Bat's entire thing is that he gets more powerful the more amped he gets. It would be hard for him to get there normally, but it seems he could still reach that level.

I don’t fully agree with any of the options, but option 2 is closest.

Bad’s bat should scale in durability. Bad himself should be ‘up to High 6-B with Fighting Spirit’ since he did survive the Centipede Grand March and damage Sage’s mandibles, but he should get ‘higher with resonance’ as well.

Not gonna talk about Sage’s speed, but Bad should at least be ‘FTL with resonance’ since he could combo with Garou.

I don’t fully agree with any of the options, but option 2 is closest.

Bad’s bat should scale in durability. Bad himself should be ‘up to High 6-B with Fighting Spirit’ since he did survive the Centipede Grand March and damage Sage’s mandibles, but he should get ‘higher with resonance’ as well.

Not gonna talk about Sage’s speed, but Bad should at least be ‘FTL with resonance’ since he could combo with Garou.
The centipede received a rating of 6-A;

I'm more inclined to the second option. His durability is at an incredible level, as he withstood the Centipede March for a long time and returned to the ranks when even Garou fell to his knees. AP and speed are roughly comparable, however, combat speed and reactions should scale up to Garou. Using the fighting spirit

However, I am convinced that this rating should get a fighting spirit, not a resonance. I mean, they only subconsciously cooperated and pushed each other to develop, but this is more of a psychological process. For a separate key, they must at least exchange energy, but this is more suitable for espers.
Resonance as some think only if everything went according to the scheme - Bat deals 10% damage (Sage weakens a little), Garou deals 90% damage (finishes), Garou deals 90% damage (does almost all the work), Bat deals 10% damage (finishes) and so on along the chain.
However, this does not make sense, since in this case Bad is useless, and we have clear statements that Garou also became stronger thanks to him.

• I'm fine with the Bat scaling in durability, since it was made to be unbreakable and MB can't amp it in any fashion. He just swings it
  • I don't think either MB or Sage should scale to Garou's speed.
  • Resance is not something MB can naturally achieve. Its even mentioned that he's only moving that fast because Garou is there to help him. He was taken out by a far weaker Garou and struggled massively with SC. He's definitely not getting to "Cracking Sage Centipede" levels on his own in my view.

The only way why he should become stronger next to Garou is that the second one transfers energy to him, but this did not happen. They mutually amplified each other's enhancers, accelerating growth, but that's still what their abilities do.

he only way why he should become stronger next to Garou is that the second one transfers energy to him, but this did not happen.
But...
As if Garou was lifting him up, Metal Bat's destructive power exhibited an explosive increase.
He requires Garou to get to that level. This important since it likely retroactively explains why Metal Bat was doing so much better before than he should've been.

So do you think the resonance was affecting Bad through the entire fight?

So do you think the resonance was affecting Bad through the entire fight?
I believe it started to effect him when he and Garou went tsundere on each other. After Garou copied fighting spirit he would presumably always have it on, so I don't see why it wouldn't have resonated with MB from the jump.

I believe it started to effect him when he and Garou went tsundere on each other. After Garou copied fighting spirit he would presumably always have it on, so I don't see why it wouldn't have resonated with MB from the jump.
I suppose that could make sense. If this is what we go with, Bad would only scale to High 6-B/6-A/whatever the hell SC is with the resonance and his bat’s durability would scale.

Last edited:
I think we should separate the Bat profile "Before AM arc" and "After AM arc". Judging by his jumps for tens of kilometers and the fact that he withstands Garou's random attacks and has time to react to him with difficulty, he has retained his level of strength from the end of the previous fight with Garou.
Anyway, even if you share the resonance of the morale, it only started to work after the centipede's march, which he tanked for a long time. This should be above Sage's feat of raising the spear and I think it should scale to 6-C without resonance.

I think we should separate the Bat profile "Before AM arc" and "After AM arc". Judging by his jumps for tens of kilometers and the fact that he withstands Garou's random attacks and has time to react to him with difficulty, he has retained his level of strength from the end of the previous fight with Garou.
Anyway, even if you share the resonance of the morale, it only started to work after the centipede's march, which he tanked for a long time. This should be above Sage's feat of raising the spear and I think it should scale to 6-C without resonance.
He was all screwed up in the fight against the garou

He was all screwed up in the fight against the garou
It was only at the beginning. Further, he managed to somehow catch up with Garou when climbing the Centipede. Moreover, he managed to surprise Garou with his speed. Sorry I can't send pictures from my phone, so re-read the Bad Boys chapter. When Bad outruns Garou and catches the jaws, Garou looks dumbfounded.

Almost immediately after that, Bad manages to react to Garou's point-blank attack, which, although not directed at him, I am absolutely sure that Flash would not repeat this.

Well, he tanked a series of Sage attacks when his fighting spirit was just starting to kick in.

Sage's overall durability should have remained the same between its first appearance and the 6666 Leg Grand Drill scene (considering its body as a whole wasn't damaged up until that point, so no full-body molding for increased durability).

So Garou should have already been 6-A at the start of the fight in order to hurt Sage.

Evil Ocean should be 6-A as well.

Sage's overall durability should have remained the same between its first appearance and the 6666 Leg Grand Drill scene (considering its body as a whole wasn't damaged up until that point, so no full-body molding for increased durability).

So Garou should have already been 6-A at the start of the fight in order to hurt Sage.

Evil Ocean should be 6-A as well.
Either we say that Garou took no damage from the Centipede March, which is not correct, as he fell to his knees.
Either we have to do something about the fact that the Bat withstood this attack for a long time and returned to action before resonance.
I mean, the metal bat only protected his head when the blows came from all directions. Also, the weapon does not put KE anywhere

He also fell against Platinum Sperm.
Nah that was the perspective.

Either we have to do something about the fact that the Bat withstood this attack for a long time and returned to action before resonance.
Metal Bat was probably already being affected by Resonance at that point, he was even keeping up with Garou well before it was mentioned.

Metal Bat was probably already being affected by Resonance at that point, he was even keeping up with Garou well before it was mentioned.
Agreed.

I think we should just go with Qawsdef’s proposal and give Bad “6-A with resonance” and “FTL with resonance”.

Wait really

Well, I think Bad should scale in speed with the resonance, not sure about Sage.

I'm neutral if Bad scales, as long as it is via Resonance and not him by himself

And I don't think Sage scales in speed

An explosive increase in power was noted when he and Garou went against 6666 GRD. Prior to this, Centipede did not perceive the Bat as a threat, but was surprised that he was alive.

I still don't agree that resonance should have a separate key, because that's just what makes Bat grow faster. I suggest scaling it up to a random feat of Sage with morale for making it through the march. Or simply remove the key with resonance, because this again only accelerates his ability, like Garou, acting not as a transfer of energy, but as a moral boost.

However, I'm not sure that anyone will agree with my vision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back