• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Meta Knight vs Ren Amamiya (Joker)

My dream match-up for Death Battle, Rewind Rumble, One Minute Melee, whatever you want, Help a Persona Wafu out -Takes place in Mementos (Joker won't have an advantage as the layout changes with each entry) -Speed Equalized -In character -Win through death

Meta knight art
Meta Knight

Jokerrenamamiya
AP: Defeated casual baseline

Does Meta Knight have any resistance to Soul Manipulation? Sorry to say, but I can't find it on his profile, and with it I'm pretty sure Joker one-shots.

I... do not know, It hasn't been shown he does, but we don't know if he does have it, but for the sake of it lets say he doesn't

Hmm... well, Joker typically attacks the soul directly, and if it hasn't been shown that Meta Knight has soul resistance, then it's assumed he doesn't. In that case, this seems a bit stomp-y.

Meta Knight too one-shots via the AP he has due to scaling that eventually ends with a feat similar to Ren's.

Well, one attack from Ren will also kill Meta Knight due to all of his major attacks being forms of Soul Manip. If both combatants can one-shot eachother through starting, in-character moves than that's a mismatch.

Define mismatch. 2 characters being able to one-shot each other is nothing new to be discussed and added in profiles.

Well, I don't have a problem with that specifically. That's the kind of thing that can be reasonably discussed. But when the opening move in-character for both of them is a one-shot, and speed is equalised, then there really isn't much that can be discussed. The match comes down to whoever hits first, and there is no reason to say that one would hit first over the other.

Hmm... fair enough, that seems alright to me.

The first 2 MK would take due to his age and intelligence anyone can see in his profile, and his fighting style is that of a speedster, something that whoever saw the last Smash trailer could tell. So I vote him here.

His sword could be smaller, idk everyone in Kirby is a lilliputian.

Under SBA, the fight starts 4 kilometres away from eachother (at least, if I'm remembering correctly). Meta Knight has a very small sword that's what she said so he'd need to get in close to fight Joker. Joker on the other hand can hit targets kilometres away with his Persona's skills.

Given that it is still a one-shot for either of them, I've got to go with Joker.

MK would just teleport in the moment the battle starts, making that redundant unless he gets hit while teleporting.

MK has ranged attacks as well and can (im pretty sure) spam teleport. MK could also create clones and shiz. He can literally fly above Joker and summon a tornado and wipe the floor with Joker.

Solacis said:
laughs in thought-based Elemental Immunity
NLF alert.

This seems pretty mis-matchy, but for what it's worth, Meta Knight FRA.

While it is a NlF Joker's elemental and Physical immunity goes up to low 2-C at least. While it isn't mentioned on his profile it is mentioned on other Phantom thieves profiles even in there 4-A key.

People seem to be forgetting what is and isn't considered NLF.

NLF is making the assumption that just because an ability has no displayed limits that it has none. NLF is me saying that because one of Joker's Personas has immunity to Ice, he can nullify any ice attack from anyone, regardless of their tier.

It is not NLF for me to say, "Because Joker has immunity to Ice, he can nullify ice attacks from those no stronger than his highest tier."

A Level 11 Jack Frost will nullify an Ice Age coming from a Level 92 Satan. A Level 19 Matador will nullify a Vacuum Wave from a Level 83 Vishnu. A Level 9 Berith will nullify a Riot Gun from a Level 95 Satanael. It's just how the defensive hax works.

Solacis is correct. It is not NLF to say that he should be able to nullify attacks from relatively comparable characters, especially since, as Solacis mentioned, resistances work against beings far, far beyond their strength. Saying "He has elemental resistance, therefore he can negate elemental damage from literally everything" would be NLF. But that's not what he is saying. From what we've seen in-game, it should work in this situation.

Also, Tetrakarn and Makarakarn also work on enemies stronger than him. So if Meta Knight does one shot, that hit will just reflect back at him.

Too bad this is no relatively comparable character, you guys even know the AP gap here? MK is near 3-C scaling from this guy. If his immunity can reach higher tiers then that should be in his profile, otherwise what's being done here is a NLF.

Eficiente said:
Too bad this is no relatively comparable character, you guys even know the AP gap here? MK is near 3-C scaling from this guy. If his immunity can reach higher tiers then that should be in his profile, otherwise what's being done here is a NLF.
Uh, yeah. It works into way higher tiers. Solacis mentioned a level 11 Jack Frost can nullify an ice attack from a Level 92 Satan, which I can confirm is correct. That's a Persona's resistance Ren would have in his 7-C key nullifying an attack from a Persona he'd almost certainly not see until he's at least in his 4-A key, and probably not until his Low 2-C key. His elemental resistance through Persona's works into far, far higher tiers. It's ridiculous.

Also, I retain my vote for Joker. Given that Meta Knight has no resistance to Soul Manip, and that Soul Manip attacks are his first move, plus the distance advantage, Joker would just instantly one-shot with the first move he does, while Meta Knight would have to first use other methods. It's not impossible for Meta Knight to win, but I don't see any reason to think under the circumstances that he would get the first hit in.

DarkGrath said:
Uh, yeah. It works into way higher tiers. Solacis mentioned a level 11 Jack Frost can nullify an ice attack from a Level 92 Satan, which I can confirm is correct. That's a Persona's resistance Ren would have in his 7-C key nullifying an attack from a Persona he'd almost certainly not see until he's at least in his 4-A key, and probably not until his Low 2-C key. His elemental resistance through Persona's works into far, far higher tiers. It's ridiculous.
It's not in his profile so how do I know this aren't Game Mechanics? Making some character with a low level survive hits from characters from much higher levels sounds like something you can do in many RPGs. Also Joker stomps anyone without hax before being Low 2-C, that would be kinda hard to miss.

DarkGrath said:
Joker would just instantly one-shot with the first move he does, while Meta Knight would have to first use other methods.
Unless he voluntarily decides to approach 4kms, he has no reason to do anything but teleport in, that much are his options here.

Because it's the same justification for the resistances listed on literally every single SMT profile. It's a defensive hax, not standard resistance/durability. The clarification has also been mentioned on almost every other Phantom Thief profile. Joker's P&A is also going through revisions right now, so that note can easily be added. Either way, it's not NLF.

Different franchise with different rules Cal. Let's not forget that not every series follows the same rules and mechanics. Regardless....

I don't remember us scaling Persona Resistances, Reflects and Nulls like that. I may be wrong. This may deserve a thread all on its own.

Back