• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Meta Knight vs. Kirito

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool.

We're in fiction. The statements from (who I believe is) Mr. Green do in fact acknowledge that fiction is wonky. That said, in Kirito's own fiction, he froze something that was enduring -270 C. On Earth, he is able to do so more easily.

The point is moreso that this being survived -270 C and was unaffected, but could not withstand Kirito's own coldness from his ice. Lacking the effect of freezing due to the locale is a side detail, I believe.

Not to mention also fully ignoring that Kirito's power makes the ice and the ice is colder than space.

Unlike in any everyday situation out there, our frame of reference for cold of space in this case for the feat referenced is the edge of the Universe. Edge of the Universe is -270.5┬░C. Kirito makes ice colder than that space.

The cold his power generates would still make the targets experience it on this level even if we ignored everything else based on how it's described and what it's compared to in-verse alone.

DMUA said:
I'd recommend we chill out with Kirito

Like, I tried to have him fight Akro

It backfired spectacularly

Like, we should try to make sure the over hype period is as short as can be
I wonder if EBF3 Matt would be fair tho

Inb4 Kirito vs Oryx or Riven

FateAlbane said:
I mean, I dislike Kirito myself.
Why am I defending him, then? Am I being infected by the same thing that affected his 38253352996258598562 waifus?

• Fate short-circuits.

I will kill everyone you love

And yes that does mean I will kill myself cause that's the OPT or something

FateAlbane said:
Why am I defending him, then? Am I being infected by the same thing that affected his 38253352996258598562 waifus?
INFINITY THINK-6
Just gonna drop a "Kai is best girl" here and wait for someone to ask what I'm talking about

• Fate short-circuits.
DOC! HOW DO WE WAKE IT UP

I know how

"HOW DOES LAVOS'S ACAUSALITY WORK"

According to Triforce, kirito's ice can't be that cold because then It wouldn't scale to -270.5 C┬░ It seems like surviving space isn't a feat, since there is no thermic conductivity, and even less in the Edge of the universe, so basically freezing the dude was just a casual freeze feat then.

(Wait, do we share our Heat with the electromagnetic waves? Then are we actually Frozen in space?)

Schnee One said:
"HOW DOES LAVOS'S ACAUSALITY WORK"
Why am I still debating? Just to suffer? Every night I can feel a stomp, a spite. Even the necros... Won't stop hurting. The threads I've lost, the hours I've lost, the posts I've posted. Won't stop hurting. It's like the memes are still there... You feel it too, don't you?

@Kep No Kep, his freeze is colder than the Edge of the Universe. The temperature there is -270.5┬░C.

The whole "temperature won't pass from one thing to another" isn't the relevant part.

Just what his ice is stated to be colder than in-verse.

Based on the context? Yes it is.

His ice is directly stated to be colder than the void of outer space, acknowledging the fact that the creature wandered on the edge of space. Colder than that, which is -270 C.

His ice is colder than that -270 C. Yes? What about this is not how it works?

@Kep

""Release recollection!!"

Blinding light burned the imagepanel stark white.

When the image immediately returned, at its center it was

possible to see several streaks of bluish-white light shooting from

the blade raised by the swordsman and rocketing towards the

Abyssal Horror.

Those lights were as thin as fibers compared to the space beast's

gargantuan form, but when they struck and wrapped around it,

the beast's speed of assault became visibly attenuated. The frantic

motions of its freely wriggling 12 tentacles became stiff. Almost as

if they had frozen.

But that was impossible. The Abyssal Horror was a creature

acclimated to the extremely cold environment of space. It was

impossible to create a chill colder than the temperature of space."

If his ice is given a direct temperature and compared to something else, then sure. But if it's just based on freezing someone who survived outer space, then that's not remotely how heat distribution works.

Anybody have a gif for endless pain and agony

No reason

Kepekley23 said:
If his ice is given a direct temperature and compared to something else, then sure. But if it's just based on freezing someone who survived outer space, then that's not remotely how heat distribution works.
It is. The exact quote is the following:

But that was impossible. The Abyssal Horror was a creature

acclimated to the extremely cold environment of space. It was

impossible to create a chill colder than the temperature of space.

It is directly stated to be colder than the temperature of space. Not just freezing the thing.

...why were you guys making it sound like it ''wasn't'' a beam of light that freezes on contact and made it sound like it was some sort of telekinetic freezing?

Kepekley23 said:
Thank goodness.

@Kirby Let's go your way.

Kirito's ice is stated to be "colder than space".

That is shown as being capable of freezing something that was once at the edge of the universe. But let's disregard this and say "There would be no change in temperature because it won't pass from one thing to another" (fully ignoring in the process that Fiction never cares about these things otherwise even Kars wouldn't have frozen in Jojo as soon as he left the Earth).

But let's say that doesn't matter and take only in-verse context.

Kirito's ice is, again, "colder than space". The verse also shows and references spaces like the edge of the Universe while simultaneously stating that it "should be impossible to go lower".

Thus, what happens at the edge of the Universe is irrelevant, just the temperature found there as that's what Kirito's cold is superior to. Hence his Freeze is according to the statements and feats, scaling to being more cold than the temperature found at the edge of the Universe which is -270.5┬░C.

DMUA and Eficiente, both are worthy. You are generous people.

Ok, argument: Directly stated. Acceptable argument, but still weird, It seems to ignore how space works, "acclimated to the extremly cold environment of space" yeah It ignores the fact that outer space doesnt freeze you because of not being Matter around,so its still vague.

It isn't vague, at least, not really. It just states that Kirito's ice is freezer than that vacuum. The fact that the writer doesn't understand how space works is irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back