• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Meta Knight vs. Kirito

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you even-

Whatever

Two in character moves are slower then one

Meta Knight doesn't have a plus so I assume he is weaker

Kirito fra. Freezing kills people btw so he can't really teleport out of the ice unless it's shitty "freezing" that only encases.

I'll be honest though, "Colder than space" is as vague as an statement can get since space itself has no such thing as a temperature and it's only when you put a thing in it that you can measure it. Thus the overall temperature space around someone is at or the temperature the things in that place go down to depends a lot about what's around them. Astronauts frequently face waaaay different temperatures in their suits depending on conditions, despite them all being "out in the coldness of space" because the sun is around. You go to say, somewhere around Pluto, and you're down to -240C.

There's no such thing as a set value that persists across the whole universe and there's no place as far as we know our universe that reaches absolute zero either.

Somebody did find an average temperature of space somewjers

vague statements is vague statements coz fiction doesn't care, boyo.

@Mr Bambu The problem is that "Colder than space" can mean something like "Only 10┬░ to 20┬░ above absolute Zero" or "just" -101┬░C. We can't just assume this to be Absolute Zero and even less assume it's always something people who were around space can't resist based on the statement alone.

Should probably be comparing feats instead of dismissing possible resistance on Meta Knight's end by a feat of being around space.

Space doesn't ever reach Absolute Zero either as far as science knows, so just "colder than space" is no guarantee of AZ even if we assume the highest known end of space coldness which is -270.45┬░C... And you can only reach this cold if there's literally absolutely nothing around you as you travelled away from literally everything there is in space.

What are Meta Knights ice manip resistance feats?

The Abyssal Horror casually goes through the coldness of space like it's any other regular thing, and Kirito completely froze it effortlessly.

FateAlbane said:
Space doesn't ever reach Absolute Zero either as far as science knows, so just "colder than space" is no guarantee of AZ even if we assume the highest known end of space coldness which is -270.45┬░C... And you can only reach this cold if there's literally absolutely nothing around you as you travelled away from literally everything there is in space.
Why should we assume Kirito's feat to be the highest possible end and further still based on a vague statement alone is my question here.

Also we never said it hit absolute zero? Just that it was colder than space. Which would be very close to Absolute Zero, but not quite.

Mr. Bambu said:
Also we never said it hit absolute zero? Just that it was colder than space. Which would be very close to Absolute Zero, but not quite.
Unless he was at the literal edge of the universe with absolutely nothing else around him on the entirety of space, then no, it's not necessarily close to AZ and does not come anywhere close to that highest end.

I was hearing of him shaking Solar Systems around so Highest End definitely *does not* apply.

FateAlbane said:
Unless he was at the literal edge of the universe with absolutely nothing else around him on the entirety of space, then no, it's not necessarily close to AZ and does not come anywhere close to that highest end.
Actually, the Abyssal Horror can survive at the edge of the universe effortlessly, and it's stated in the light novels that it travels to the edge of the universe to heal.

And Kirito still freezes it.

@Xmark Why didn't you say so before? lol Alrighty then, I buy the highest end. Burden of proof shifted, Kirito freezes with temperature closer still to AZ unless MK has a better feat somehow.

Meanwhile I'm here wondering why Guts vs Kirito was closed without waiting for any replies on the matter.

Even if speed was a problem (which I'm pretty sure DMUA said was similar early in the thread, thus probs not the case), all we would need is for the OP to say "Equalized" and the thread would have kept going.

It was seeming pretty decisive too and pretty sure nobody in the discussion had even claimed stomp.

Really? Huh, surprising to hear that as people were even using AP as part of the argument. Thought it was clear-cut. Nvm, then.

probably not the best place to discuss that sorta thing for fear of derailment boys

Derailing anyway.

@Fate literally none of Gut's calcs has a chosen End or were even accepted

I mean, unless Meta Knight has an extremely solid feat here, he becomes Metacooler as soon as the match starts----Wait.

About the edge of the universe thing, I point out that MK lives at the edge of his universe, has traveled to another edge of the universe as well as the edge of a universe-sized tunnel; he can take attacks that can freeze beings unaffected in the spaces of the previously mentioned places.

The being at the edge of the universe bits are irrelevant now for resistance since as it goes, Kirito can freeze people who go there as well.

"he can take attacks that can freeze beings unaffected in the spaces of the previously mentioned places."

...Is this legit? Who, then? How? When? Is this a "no-sell" kind of thing or does he take the effect and can free himself later?

Also of note is that if said "Edges of the Universe" in Kirby show stars and other stuff around or something, it's not enough since that would mean the temperature is actually higher.

@Gar I see that the Abyssal Horror can survive at the edge of the universe too, not that there was "absolutely nothing else around him on the entirety of space". I'm not changing my vote to Kirito, obviously.

@Fate He takes the effect and breaks free later, any minor enemy and even major characters count. Star Allies is a good example.

FateAlbane said:
Also of note is that if said "Edges of the Universe" in Kirby show stars and other stuff around or something, it's not enough since that would mean the temperature is actually higher.
And SAO doesn't? This could have been said before, ok.

But that effect doesn't kill them.

In fairness, unless the series goes out of its way to depict "something" being there at the edge of the universe, the standard is for there to be nothing as that's usually what it should be like.

4-A Kirito still feels weird...

Anyway, I want more knowledge on Kirito going all Elsa on threats as a leading move.

FateAlbane said:
In fairness, unless the series goes out of its way to depict "something" being there at the edge of the universe, the standard is for there to be nothing as that's usually what it should be like.
Well, while useless for the match, this is pretty consistent. The edge of the universe-sized tunnel was but the end of it, starting on Kirby's planet. The place where the other edge of the universe was had a alternate dimension version of it described as the end of that dimension.

The real cal howard said:
4-A Kirito still feels weird...

Anyway, I want more knowledge on Kirito going all Elsa on threats as a leading move.
I thought you'd still be traumatized by what I sent you lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back