• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm making this thread to try and get around the difficulties I had with other matches with Meruem, specifically his Ren which causes intense fear, madness and potentially death. This was the problem that was faced with Luffy. However, in this case, I believe that Zoro is a better candidate for resisting Ren's effects for a few reasons. One, Zoro has his own aura which is capable of instilling fear and paralysis into his opponents, as well as create visible illusions which were capable of striking fear into experienced opponents such as Kaku and Monet. Meruem doesn't have any resistance to this in his profile either. In addition, Ren needs to be surrounding the opponent for it to properly work, but in this case, Zoro has been shown to generate his own aura which could shield him from Meruem's Ren, so even if he used it, Zoro could just utilize his Haki to protect himself from its effects, and unlike Meruem, Zoro has resistance to fear manipulation, which could allow him to remain composed enough to activate his aura.

Does this key of Zoro have precog? In any case Zoro completely speed blitzes Meruem but I'll reserve my vote until more knowledgeable people come on.

Also for the Ren bit, Zoro and Luffy have insanely high willpower so I expect that Meruem's Ren will have little impact on their fight. They also both have CoC so Meruem's Ren really shouldn't be nothing more than a distraction at best. Again I'll wait until more people come on this thread.

Also for the Ren bit, Zoro and Luffy have insanely high willpower so I expect that Meruem's Ren will have little impact on their fight. They also both have CoC so Meruem's Ren really shouldn't be nothing more than a distraction at best. Again I'll wait until more people come on this thread.
I tried using that argument in the previous thread since willpower is basically all it comes down to when it comes to resisting powerful aura, but that argument wasn't enough evidence to prove actual resistance to Ren, which is why I tried giving more visible evidence for Ren resistance here.

There's ALOT more to it. His Ren has Enhanced Fear and Madness Manipulation and IIRC Zoro doesn't have resistances to Madness Manip. That being said he may resist it via his CoC. That's still to be determined.

I'm making this thread to try and get around the difficulties I had with other matches with Meruem, specifically his Ren which causes intense fear, madness and potentially death. This was the problem that was faced with Luffy. However, in this case, I believe that Zoro is a better candidate for resisting Ren's effects for a few reasons. One, Zoro has his own aura which is capable of instilling fear and paralysis into his opponents, as well as create visible illusions which were capable of striking fear into experienced opponents such as Kaku and Monet. Meruem doesn't have any resistance to this in his profile either. In addition, Ren needs to be surrounding the opponent for it to properly work, but in this case, Zoro has been shown to generate his own aura which could shield him from Meruem's Ren, so even if he used it, Zoro could just utilize his Haki to protect himself from its effects, and unlike Meruem, Zoro has resistance to fear manipulation, which could allow him to remain composed enough to activate his aura.
That's not enough 😅 I think

I disagree. I think now it's more than enough, and as I mentioned before Ren needs to physically envelop the opponent for its effects to take hold. If they're surrounded by an aura then they're shielded from Ren.
You can't disagree... That's how the wiki works, nen is literally limited death manipulation, zoro doesn't have resistance to that

I don't see Death Manip on his page.
Ren - Fear Manipulation, Limited Paralysis Inducement, Madness Manipulation (Type 3) and Limited Death Manipulation (It has been stated that without Ten, a Nen User is capable of inducing crippling fear, paralyzing people, causing insanity and even outright killing them with Nen alone, this is through malicious aura attacks), Statistics Amplification (Ren also enhances physical characteristics)

Death Manipulation is only limited, and it's only after an extended period of time within Ren. Zoro's not going to just let himself remain frozen in his Ren: as mentioned before, he could easily respond with his own aura which could shield himself, and his general aura can strike fear in Meruem as well.

That's how the wiki works, nen is literally limited death manipulation, zoro doesn't have resistance to that
Yeah, but I'm sure Goku solos. Surely, Meruem's nen wouldn't work on somebody on Universe level.

OT: Nen Crush makes this match unfair. It is incredibly OP in this VSBW, unless somebody makes a CRT to downgrade it.

Yeah, but I'm sure Goku solos. Surely, Meruem's nen wouldn't work on somebody on Universe level.

OT: Nen Crush makes this match unfair. It is incredibly OP in this VSBW, unless somebody makes a CRT to downgrade it.
Ok seriously, do none of the arguments I've made hold any merit? It just seems as though Nen Crush is just too OP and really needs to be more thoroughly discussed in a content revision thread.

Cant Zoro just speedblitz? Also his AP scales way higher iirc
Zoro can one-shot somebody that's (a very big) at least 490.38 megatons. Meruem's at least 546.33 megatons through a casual feat but since that's what we have, that's what we'll use. Either way, that's a one-shot for Zoro, or at least a very substantial amount of damage.
Cant Zoro just speedblitz?
Meruem's En is Speed of Light so he may be able to perceive/react to Zoro's presence? Idk why it's not on the profile tho

Either way, that's a one-shot
Absolutely not.
Zoro one shots >490.4 Mt
Meruem is upscaled to 550 Megatons.
at least a very substantial amount of damage.
Considerable, yes.
Meruem's En is Speed of Light so he may be able to perceive/react to Zoro's presence? Idk why it's not on the profile tho
Yeah, this should be included in his profile.

I'll give my input on this, versatility is key here, so Zoro might take this.

Absolutely not.
Zoro one shots >490.4 Mt
Meruem is upscaled to 550 Megatons.

Considerable, yes.

Yeah, this should be included in his profile.

I'll give my input on this, versatility is key here, so Zoro might take this.

Let's be honest here Zoro doesn't resists the effects of ren. Straining yourself through willpower will only lead to death.
Can armament Haki be considered a form of ten barrier? They all use spiritual energy after all. If that's the case I give it to Zoro for Versatility and Ap to do significant damage.
If not the Ren takes him out.

Before we continue with this versus, i think two points need to be addressed:

Can Zoro withstand Ren
Is armament haki similar enough to be considered Ten

Before we continue with this versus, i think two points need to be addressed:

Can Zoro withstand Ren
Is armament haki similar enough to be considered Ten
I've already tried to explain multiple times that I believe Zoro could withstand Ren. I believe that yes, Armament Haki could be considered similar enough to Ten to defend from Meruem's Ren since they're both energy-based and focus on the spirit. Furthermore, Zoro has his own fear-inducing aura and can resist fear inducement based on his profile.

I've already tried to explain multiple times that I believe Zoro could withstand Ren. I believe that yes, Armament Haki could be considered similar enough to Ten to defend from Meruem's Ren since they're both energy-based and focus on the spirit. Furthermore, Zoro has his own fear-inducing aura and can resist fear inducement based on his profile.
Clearly its a point of contention here, and whilst he can resist fear inducement what about madness manip?

Clearly its a point of contention here, and whilst he can resist fear inducement what about madness manip?
As mentioned above, Ren needs to be directly touching for it to have any significant effect. Besides that, Zoro's willpower compounded with his Armament Haki shielding himself should be enough to resist the maddening effects of Meruem's Ren. His willpower is significantly stronger than Welfin's.

As mentioned above, Ren needs to be directly touching for it to have any significant effect. Besides that, Zoro's willpower compounded with his Armament Haki shielding himself should be enough to resist the maddening effects of Meruem's Ren. His willpower is significantly stronger than Welfin's.
Ren has a very wide range. Pitou felt Meruem's Ren long before she reached him. Ren in general can have a wide range. Covering the battlefield or reaching Zoro won't be an issue.

Willpower cannot be used to overpower Ren, as seen when Gon and Killua were warned they'd die if they forced themselves. Forcing yourself through Ren is where the limited death and limited paralysis comes from

The more I think about it, the more I feel Armament Haki should be able to nullify ren's effects. Both being spiritual energy acting as a barrier for defense and amping their strength

Willpower alone doesn't give you a resistance to Madness Manipulation, or Death Manipulation. Willpower is utterly irrelevant to Nen, unless the person is also a nen user.

Having to touch the user is not something I've ever seen mentioned, and I am pretty sure Hisoka's Ren does not extend an entire hallway, also, by "touching", wouldn't refer to their skin, by their spirit. Regardless, Zoro cannot use Haki in his entire body, nor can we say without any reasonable doubt that Haki is similar enough to protect against mental effects caused by touching Nen, as Haki has no protection on that. And yes, why would touching armament be any different to touching them? It wouldn't.

Zoro gets Nen Crush'd, also, pretty sure Meruem's aura bypasses at least one layer of resistance as Nen users such as Welfin, Netero, and Zero are still somewhat affected by his Ren. That's Pre-Rose, Post-Rose made the entire invasion squad say "OH HELL NAH" from touching his Ren alone, which wasn't being hostile to them, he was just showing off.

Zoro gets Nen Crush'd, also, pretty sure Meruem's aura bypasses at least one layer of resistance as Nen users such as Welfin, Netero, and Zero are still somewhat affected by his Ren. That's Pre-Rose, Post-Rose made the entire invasion squad say "OH HELL NAH" from touching his Ren alone, which wasn't being hostile to them, he was just showing off.
Definitely, imho. I mean, Meruem is very clearly above Pitou even pre-rose, and Pitou's nen alone feared a nen user, AKA, Knov

Bump. With new OPM upgrades, Zoro now has resistance to fear manipulation, madness manipulation and mind manipulation, meaning that Meruem no longer stomps with Nen Crush. At most there is the limited Death Manipulation, but that’s only limited at most and would only happen if Zoro remained in the area for a prolonged period of time, which Zoro isn’t going to let happen. So now this match can actually be done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back