• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So, I think I'll try and explain Merlyn's situation.

So, it seems that in regards to Time, Merlyn is going backwards, however he can still interact with people who are going forwards in time just fine, and his physical and even mental actions aren't really suffering any reprocussions other than having what is essentially nearly half a millenia of Precog.

This leads me to believe that Time/Age works one way for him, whereas Causality works the other, if that even makes any sense. So, while Time is inverted for him, cause and effect aren't, but at the same time he has Type 1 due to the present not affecting his past.

So, it's like a double negative? Time flows back for him, but the causality of his actions isn't affected by this.

So, essentially, he's a reverse El-Reverso.

El Reverso has time go forward for him but causality goes the other way, and Merlyn has time go backwards for him, but causality goes forwards. This is, of course, assuming El Reverso's time-based abilities are just a side-affect of his reversed causality.

Type 1 might confound this, but El Reverso's powers might work on him just fine. That said, I'm saying this off of two obscure quotes from the novel, and it's pretty much just a fan-theory, so take it with an entire pitcher of salt. That and I'm no expert on Causality so most of this is probably wrong.

I guess going on what I posted above, their powers might cancel eachother out.

So, Reverso can interact with people normally? Isn't he watching everything moving backwards in time?

he can interact normally with them, he just makes everything work backwards when directly interacting with him

Inconclusive based on what though

I missed the part that actually gets us there. We've been talking about power mechanics, but not how one guy beats another.

Well. That was fast.

Can one of the admins who commented here add this to Reverso's page?

I'll add it to Merlyn's.

Also, plz give one vote to the other Merlyn battle ovo

Back