• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mercius vs Caine (World of Darkness)

This can be left open but please lets wait until the Taiji difference discussion ends before we do this.

Would it even work on Merc? As Merc looks like a relatively normal guy, and if Mercs powers come from a higher degree of power it wouldnt work.

If we are going to do this without the Taiji discussion ending then I guess we go with the old stuff of 90 levels above baseline.

He has his passive Mind Hax, one key feature is basically where it just makes you not want to attack him.

Following, just gonna say I'm pretty sure Caine's disbelief isn't passive as he for the most part chooses to see reality like we do. 99 percent sure almost everything else is passive tho. Plus he's got like the One being his sugar mama iirc

Yeah that's the one, think it was 7 fold curse so any bad things done to Caine are done back to the user 7 times over or smth. (Iirc this was the only thing that stopped Lilith from killing Caine in the final nights because she couldn't bypass it)

Does it work with anything? Plus at the very least Merc would know about that due to Omniscient.

But does it work on any kind of power? Cause like the DC Cain it doesnt work on stuff like Mind Hax

I'm pretty sure its just "Any harm brought onto Caine results in TOG putting back onto you 7 times greater" Lilith has her wall of hax and it did jack all against Caine because of this (As in said curse was the only thing that prevented her from killing him).

Well what counts as harm, is it just any hax? Cause he does have Transmutation and some incap stuff thats not regarded as “harm”.

I mean, if he just passively mind haxs, TOG goes and pimp slaps him since mind hax is one of Lilith's abilities
I dont get how that counts as harming him but I understand it.

Depending on how this thing treats damage then I think Merc wont be able to harm him.

If thats the case I think Caine wins against Merc but I think Merc beats the Mage.

Doesnt like any quality for erasure for Marauder’s? Like how does that even work for the story?

Also is their Disbelief also 1-A+

What qualities for a Marauders Disbelief and if they just EE everything I was just curious that that works in the story?

Hmm alright.

What qualities for a Marauders Disbelief and if they just EE everything I was just curious that that works in the story?

Hmm alright.
they just don't believe in shit and it goes poof, but in story its usually limited by a sphere of influence that changes reality to their whims so basically just subjective reality

Huh, well what would cause them to not believe Merc exists? He looks like a fairly normal dude.
well it depends on the personality of the marauder, they can range from Jessica Sorrows to okay you are now a normal person with no other powers cause thats what you believe you are

This is why I dislike using the Mage because they vary so much depending on personality and they dont even have a set one, it basically just comes down whatever the OP wants.

I think I may not include the Mage on the list simply due to the headache it is to use, but if people disagree then ill obviously use it.

This is why I dislike using the Mage because they vary so much depending on personality and they dont even have a set one, it basically just comes down whatever the OP wants.

I think I may not include the Mage on the list simply due to the headache it is to use, but if people disagree then ill obviously use it.
well we have a few other choices but the next best would be lilith, who has a wall of text

no, its just how caine works, you do a thing to him it gets reflected back on to you 7 times over without him suffering a damn thing
But if it's TOG that reflects i think it's count as outside help, at least with how you giy explain it's tell that it's TOG that reflect the atk by 7 time

Outside help on the wiki here is weird and honestly pretty inconsistent.

But I think its just a curse on the TOGs level she gave to Caine not her actually coming down and reflecting it.

Back