• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, he stalemated Galactus in his own realm.

Surfur had prevented Galactus from feeding. Galactus was moderately fed at most back then.

I suppose that is a good point. Perhaps Mephisto should be downgraded to "At least 2-C" instead then. We would need more input from knowledgeable members though, and I have had very bad luck on that front with Marvel and DC Comics threads lately.

Its from Silver Surfer Judgement Day.

Well, a 2-A Skyfathers upgrade is being planned, which would make moderately fed Galactus 2-A, and Mephisto was able to survive an attack from Franklin Richards as well as being portrayed as superior to Classic Strange.

Oh yeah, also Mephisto has a 2-A feat where his clash with Hela would cause "omniversal armageddon."

@Matthew

Thank you for helping out.

Mephisto can be downgraded then.

LordTracer said:
Oh yeah, also Mephisto has a 2-A feat where his clash with Hela would cause "omniversal armageddon."
Like Matt said that would be an outlier or a hyperbole. Neither, Hela nor Mephisto has shown that level of power. In fact, Hela is quite weaker than Mephisto to actually cause that level of destruction. They may be hell lords but they are not in similar level of power.

Where are you getting the idea that she's much weaker from? King of Hell Blackheart, who had overthrown Mephisto, was unwilling to fight Hela.

LordTracer said:
Where are you getting the idea that she's much weaker from? King of Hell Blackheart, who had overthrown Mephisto, was unwilling to fight Hela.
Being King of Hell doesn't mean Blackheart is as powerful as Mephisto though.

LordTracer said:
Did you miss where I mentioned that he overthrew Mephisto?
Which comic was this? I remember him once bringing others to fight Mephisto. Do you really think in a war Hela would fight in his own realm? Because if he became King of Hell Blackheart would only get a boost in his own realm. Outside it he would have to fight with his own power and last I checked Hela> Blackheart.

Mephisto actually have one big 2-A feat. He beat Dormmamu, sHuman gorath and nigthmare during dammation. I think that the event buff mephisto because of the massacre of Las Vegas.

LordTracer said:
We have a single scan. A single scan doesn't mean much though. I mean we are arguing about Mephisto because of a single scan. And Blackheart also raises a lot of question. We have a 4B killing 2A. How did he do it? I mean Mephisto has depowered Blackheart before. Also, are we really taking a 4B killing 2A at face value? Superman needed two threads to upgrade to 2A and that is after a massive amp and all he did was knocked out a 2A being. Now we might as well add Hulk in 2A as he killed Dormammu. Ranting aside, I remember someone telling me that Blackheart was amped by souls of San Venganza during his plot to overthrow Mephisto. I don't know if this is the same arc but the justification seems shallow.

Uh, I gave two scans, not one... also you do know Blackheart has a 2-A statistic, right? He's not just a 4-B.

LordTracer said:
Uh, I gave two scans, not one... also you do know Blackheart has a 2-A statistic, right? He's not just a 4-B.
I just read the comic. The justification for Blackheart is horrendous. He didn't even kill Mephisto with hiz own power but with the blood of an innocent and pure soul. https://***************.to/Comic/Ghost-Rider-Wolverine-Punisher-The-Dark-Design/Full?id=130839

LordTracer said:
His 2A seems to come from killing Mephisto

As usual, a major problem with Marvel is its enormous inconsistency. Hela is usually shown as roughly comparable to Thor, but is sometimes portrayed on a level with far more powerful characters. Blackheart has similar problems, and Dormammu and SHuman-Gorath have been displayed at enormously lower power levels than they used to be in recent years.

Anyway, Matthew accepted a downgrade of Mephisto, so that needs to be carried out, and if Blackheart has false justifications for his highest statistics, they should probably be removed as well.

Antvasima said:
As usual, a major problem with Marvel is its enormous inconsistency. Hela is usually shown as roughly comparable to Thor, but is sometimes portrayed on a level with far more powerful characters. Blackheart has similar problems, and Dormammu and SHuman-Gorath have been displayed at enormously lower power levels than they used to be in recent years.

Anyway, Matthew accepted a downgrade of Mephisto, so that needs to be carried out, and if Blackheart has false justifications for his highest statistics, they should probably be removed as well.
I mean Blackheart stat depends upon him killing Mephisto in his own realm. In the comic, Mephisto squishes him like a bug and later on Blackheart stabs him with a knife coated with a blood of a pure being. This is not inconsistencies but rather using out of context to upgrade them. Tbh, most of these upgrade don't sit right with what we see on panel. Franklin is consistently portrayed as a Universal level reality warper. Him being 2A seems a massive jump. I read the Mighty Thor annual in the morning, and now even Galactus's 2A rating seems a bit iffy.

I think that Blackheart should be downgraded as well then.

Anyway, I constantly get confused when trying to figure out how to scale Marvel, as the power levels, especially in relation to other characters, are in constant massive flux.

Should Blackheart have atleast 2C inside his realm key?

I am not sure. What are his greatest feats via raw power?

Okay, and which statistics did Ghost Rider have in this story?

I have heard that once wben he was lord of hell he was powerful enough to beat Ghost rider , rulk and venom. I think 4B and possibly 2C should be enough. I have already made that. So, if you agree then you can close it.

mephisto should be 2a in his realm I may open crt about it soon also hela is much stronger than thor and cosmic ghost rider

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back